PDA

View Full Version : NL5/10 55 no c-bet, check turn, call river

vixticator
07-12-2007, 02:45 AM
No reads, few hands in session.

This one is a bit different. I would have c-bet if both checked to me on flop but I decided to concede pot to Button if he felt like betting. Turn gives me more outs if anyone is checking a small Ace, betting wins the pot when everybody folds or is riding a FD. River is a great card, I figure this is air a good % of the time from UTG, it takes a pretty decent player to value bet like 88-TT here. Button seems totally uninterested here so I'm not worried. Standard?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $5.77
BB: $10.69
UTG: $9.01
MP: $10.23
Hero (CO): $10.28
BTN: $8.48

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.05, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.25</font>, BTN calls $0.25, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.82) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.82) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($0.82) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75, BTN folds

Pot Size: $2.32 ($0.10 Rake)

Mr_Pathetic
07-12-2007, 09:39 AM
I would cbet this flop because if someone has a flush draw they will call you often which would make this flop a valuebet. Of course someone with an ace may call too so when the draw misses turn you need to bet again. Thing is you need to put out a bet on flop to gauge where your opponent is. When the likely draw, the FD in this case, misses turn then bet again to gain some more info. If you get called then it makes your river decision much easier. This river looks to be someone hitting trips or a bluff due to weakness on flop and turn. Unless you have a good read I would fold this river as played.

In spots like this you need to know how the villain has been playing in situations similar to this. For example, will villain slowplay 2pr or top pair on a draw heavy flop, will villain bet on a draw or just check call, will villain never bet unless he hits, etc.

CobraGoat
07-12-2007, 09:46 AM
im fine with the way you played it.

i love cbetting A flops HU but in a 3-way pots im more hesitant. i think cbetting this flop and shutting down if called is fine i also think checking flop is fine.

everything else is fine, pot is small. honestly though, what is villain who is OOP to two players betting that you beat? but i prob call too.

Khaos4k
07-12-2007, 10:48 AM
The way this hand was played this could be a busted flush draw pretty easily. I call the river.

vixticator
07-12-2007, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would cbet this flop because if someone has a flush draw they will call you often which would make this flop a valuebet.

[/ QUOTE ]Is it really a value bet? A flush draw with two overs has higher equity, right? The only reason to bet is to get out broadway cards with no flush draw or non spade SC's. Do I really want to bet the flop and turn if checked both times and play a reasonably large pot with almost no hand?

Mr_Pathetic
07-13-2007, 10:42 AM
I look at spots like this. If I think his range is weighted more towards a draw and that draw has more equity, say a FD+2OC (villain will only think he has a FD here and not two overs) then I try and estimate how often he will fold that unimproved. Card % + fold % = total %

More importantly when you bet flop and turn here after PFR you are telling him you have the ace. Unless he has one or improves by turn he will fold enough to make your hand good. Determining how often he will fold is the tricky part. Your lines define your hands.