PDA

View Full Version : 50NL; bluff to rep the A?

Lego05
07-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Villian is 78.87/34.62/2.08 postflop agg. over 52 hands.

How does this look?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($29.75)
Hero ($67.85)
SB ($33)
BB ($69.90)
UTG ($50.85)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4.5</font>, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($9.75) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($9.75) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6.5</font>, UTG calls $6.50.

River: ($22.75) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $16</font>, UTG ...

Khaos4k
07-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Terrible. You're bluffing a calling station and it's not even a believable bluff. Repping the A would be betting the flop. Check behind and hope he was bluffing.

bored
07-12-2007, 02:01 AM
Doesn't look good to me esp vs that particular villain.

If he calls, you are beat. If he folds, he likely had a FD that missed.

The only hand he MIGHT fold that beats you is 8x, but he might even call you down with that.

Your hand has showdown value, no need to turn it into a bluff when you can take the free showdown. I think you'll only get called when behind.

What hand do you think a player with a 78 VPIP folds here that is ahead of you, esp with him calling the turn?

Jeffrey Dahmer
07-12-2007, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Terrible. You're bluffing a calling station and it's not even a believable bluff. Repping the A would be betting the flop. Check behind and hope he was bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed on everything.

Lego05
07-12-2007, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I pretty much immediately thought I should have bet the flop.

However just to mention I do check AK here a good amount of the time.

Also I wouldn't really have called him a calling station. Why do you get calling station from those stats?

Khaos4k
07-12-2007, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I pretty much immediately thought I should have bet the flop.

However just to mention I do check AK here a good amount of the time.

Also I wouldn't really have called him a calling station. Why do you get calling station from those stats?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he's not a loose passive calling station in the traditional sense. He's what I call an aggressive calling station. A bit more aggressive and he'd be a maniac.

But his VPIP is 80%. That is a lot of junk hands. Players that that loose preflop tend to play pretty loose after the flop as well.

Also you should be checking AK here almost never. Betting protects you from the flush draw, valuebets weaker aces, possibly valuebets weaker jacks, and valuebets pocketpairs.

Lego05
07-12-2007, 02:18 AM
Do you realize he limp reraised me? And he had c-bet like 8 out of 11 but checks the flop here. I think his range is a lot narrower than what you think it is.

And when I say I check AK here a good amount it's generally against nore normal opponents in 3bet pots.

corsakh
07-12-2007, 02:23 AM
Nice hand.

Yaboosh
07-12-2007, 02:26 AM
What are you trying to bluff out or is this for value?

Lego05
07-12-2007, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KK,QQ, maybe TT.

Yaboosh
07-12-2007, 02:29 AM
I really really don't think he folds those. Maybe TT. I would much prefer the two barrel flop/turn bet to fold out those hands than a turn/river two barrel. I think he calls the flop here with KK/QQ/TT type hands but will fold to the turn bet, but could very well convince himself he is best if you take this line, since it is not the typical A line (even if it is YOUR typical A line).

rakes.a.beach
07-12-2007, 02:31 AM
I don't think he's folding KK/QQ here either. a 80 vpip picking up kings is like flopping a set.

bored
07-12-2007, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KK,QQ, maybe TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO there are better ways to make money in poker than trying to push a player with 78 VPIP off of those hands.