PDA

View Full Version : Check or bet turn against new player?

Caerbannog1
07-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Villans first hand of the session. What to do here. Bet or check the turn? lol what is the river bet all about?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $35.65
BB: $31.65
Hero (UTG): $40.40
CO: $39.20
BTN: $13.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, CO calls $1.00, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.10) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.95</font>, CO folds, BB calls $2.95

Turn: ($9) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $8.60</font>, BB calls $8.60

River: ($26.20) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $0.25</font>, Hero calls $0.25

Pot Size: $26.70 ($1.25 Rake)

chanchuan
07-11-2007, 01:33 PM
I definitely bet the turn, although two draws just got there. I think he might have a small PP or something like A2, A9. The river minbet is essentially a check and I'm usually checking behind (possibly losing tons of value?? but he might of course be going for a check-raise w/A6)

On a side note: I'm not sure if a lot of villains would pull of a check raise on the river with trips on a 3-flush and straighty board.

Maneh
07-11-2007, 01:38 PM
I raise for value on river.

Turn bet is OK /images/graemlins/wink.gif

shoxbb6
07-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I bet less on the turn and push the river

cubase
07-11-2007, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you doing this to turn our hand into a bluff?

If not, what is calling us? I think the worst hand that calls us is beating us (trips, followed by straight, followed by weak flush).

Can you elaborate more on this action?

Nick C
07-11-2007, 05:59 PM
I think you did all right.

I don't know what the hell the river bet is about, but I have been seeing a fair amount of river min-bet/folds lately, so it could be one of those. I guess he might call instead if he has T9, but I probably would have just called on the river like you did after having such a big turn bet get called. Some people like to slowplay flushes to the river, although I'll admit that I'd expect that type of player to go for the checkraise instead of a min-bet/3-bet.

I guess I'm saying raising the river might in fact be best, even though I'd have trouble pulling the trigger on that raise.

boycalledroy
07-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Just get it all in the 6 made your hand stronger. You are losing so much value from JJ QQ AT, KT, etc. Stack off and rebuy.

sightless
07-11-2007, 07:46 PM
if we shove turn we are only going to get called by a better hand, i like the way you played it.

shoxbb6
07-11-2007, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If not, what is calling us? I think the worst hand that calls us is beating us (trips, followed by straight, followed by weak flush).

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain has Tx a large percentage of the time, He's showed no strength at all in the hand, and we just call his min bet? I don't consider a push a bluff, I consider it a value bluff.

AroundTheHorn
07-11-2007, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain has Tx a large percentage of the time, He's showed no strength at all in the hand, and we just call his min bet? I don't consider a push a bluff, I consider it a value bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

so villian was just floating the flop w/ Tx? i doubt it. i like betting the turn and just calling this river. i definitely don't see any value in raising the river.

spivey
07-11-2007, 09:16 PM
I think you played it perfect. People pushing the river have lost their minds. What pays us off? What do we fold out that is in his range that beats us?

spivey
07-11-2007, 09:19 PM
T9 is the only hand we can expect villain to have here that has a T. It might call a raise, although that's questionable and it's the only hand where I can see us getting any value in raising river.

shoxbb6
07-11-2007, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so villian was just floating the flop w/ Tx? i doubt it. i like betting the turn and just calling this river. i definitely don't see any value in raising the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, 9x,10x

gimmetheloot
07-12-2007, 12:00 AM
check turn, as played, shove river for value.