PDA

View Full Version : JJ played poorly

paoul
07-11-2007, 12:49 PM
What should i have done with this hand? I think i shouldve led on the flop

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Hand History converter (http://www.learnhowtoplaypokerfree.com/convert/convert.cgi) Courtesy of PokerZion.com (http://PokerZion.com)

Button <font color="#A500AF">(villain)</font> ($12.45)
hero ($10.35)
BB ($12.60)
UTG ($10.10)

Preflop: hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button <font color="#A500AF">(villain)</font> raises to $0.35</font>, <font color="#CC3333">hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button <font color="#A500AF">(villain)</font> calls $1.15.

Flop: ($3.10) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">villain bets $2</font>, hero calls $2.

Turn: ($7.10) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">hero bets $2.5</font>, villain folds.

Final Pot: $9.60

jessyj07
07-11-2007, 12:53 PM
meh, I tend to lead here because that's what I'd do with air, but against a random donk I think being tricky on a dry board is ok. after you check the flop and just call I think you continue to check on the turn considering the board.

beavens
07-11-2007, 12:53 PM
leading the flop here is usually the best play - juice the pot up.

if you are feely froggy, save the check for the turn and either c-r or plan to lead the river.

this board is dryer than the mojave, so you don't have to fear anything with top set.

wrkingtobegreat
07-11-2007, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

if you are feely froggy, save the check for the turn and either c-r or plan to lead the river.

this board is dryer than the mojave, so you don't have to fear anything with top set.

[/ QUOTE ]

jessyj07
07-11-2007, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i think it's pretty obvious button was just stealing and decided to call preflop because he didn't want to fold with god knows what that likely missed on the flop. hero likely has the deck crushed and villain drawing dead.

beavens
07-11-2007, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i think it's pretty obvious button was just stealing and decided to call preflop because he didn't want to fold with god knows what that likely missed on the flop. hero likely has the deck crushed and villain drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

that could be the case, but by betting the flop you'll either get in money in the pot (which will make it harder for them to fold if they DID have any kind of hand) or will make them fold, in which case you probably wouldn't have gotten much from them anyways.

HBomb
07-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Generally your goal is to get the most money in the pot while your ahead, right? So if that's the case, I generally preach betting the flop no matter what you have if you raised preflop, but there are times (few for me) that I will tend to check rather than bet, because I think it might be more profitable against certain individuals, and profitting the maximum is our #1 concern.... so just go with your reads and stick to them. For what it's worth, I generally lead with everything, sets, straights, 2 pairs, and most times I'll lead with quads too because it is so deceptive.

ben wb
07-11-2007, 03:17 PM
When people raise preflop then check call out of position on the flop and then lead the turn or river it looks so much like a set, just lead the flop.

boycalledroy
07-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Check/call, Check/call, Check/raise-allin is a line I like here. I think call/bet line OOP is a very strong line.