PDA

View Full Version : Party 25NL fullring

CQB
07-11-2007, 11:52 AM
I just sat down at the table, waited for my BB to come and the villain raised it to 4 and 1/2 BB everyone folding to me in to BB holding Js 10s
i called and the flop came
10d 4h 5c
i checked, he bet almost potsize, the pot now stands at around 18-20bb and i raised to 32bb which he thought for awhile and called
the turn was the 8s i had no clue on what hand to put him on considering i had no stats/read on him as I barely sat down
so i checked and he checked after me
the river was the 7d
and i checked he checked after me and showed me Qh Qd
i only posted this also showing what he had because somewhere during the hand i had a feel he might have an overpair and my question is hence he checked all the way till the river after my check raise on the flop, what could I have done to make him fold?
How would you have done it considering the board was rather good for bluffing knowing he had only an overpair
Thank you

JackAll
07-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Fold pre flop - not letting your 1bb go ended up costing you 35bb.
As played, check/call flop. check/raising puts you in a horrible spot out of position in a very very large pot.

And to answer your question - trying to make overpairs fold is insanity because NO ONE FOLDS OVERPAIRS

Gelford
07-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Wrong forum mate .... there is a full ring forum, us six max'ers might start telling you to 3bet or fold pf etc, and .... errr ... dunno how good that is /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kurto
07-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Why call? 10Js oop headsup isn't so hot.

Especially because you have no read on player.

Are you calling with 10J to play a large pot with a midpair? You would think so the way you played it.

Re: Making him fold- its better to do this with a read. Many, many players at micro-stakes NL will gladly get it all with an overpair (often correctly considering their are players willing to get it all in with any small pair).

Wait til you have a good read on your opponent before you think about what he can fold.