PDA

View Full Version : Brandi's WSOP Results

Salmo Trutta
07-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Brandi's post blaming her bust out of the Main Event on her sore throat got me to thinking. Now that Brandi's WSOP is over (as far as bracelet events go), how did she do? David Sklansky, Brandi, or perhaps somebody else has this information.

I'm not trying to start a flame war. I'm really curious about how she did and, since she and Sklansky have been blowing her horn here on the forums since before the WSOP started, I think it's appropriate to ask. If the mods think it's not appropriate, then please feel free to delete this post.

So how many events did Brandi enter and where did she finish in those events? How many cashes did she have and how many final tables did she make? What was her net profit or loss for the WSOP?

David LoPan
07-11-2007, 11:53 AM
she had 1 cash in the 2k NL event for ~8k

She's obviously in the red for the wsop, no final tables, no FT bubbles...blah blah blah

shes terrible

J.A.K.
07-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Let's not overdo it. Sklansky has only been "mentoring" Brandi for a short while. While Brandi may believe her talent is greater than her play dictates, it's not like a couple of weeks with David and *poof*... bracelets. I would imagine a lot of poker players carry the same exaggerated self-image when it comes to their poker skill. David only offered that lopsided shortstacked 6/5 HU bet. Hardly a vote of confidence.

Also, I am sure you know, but lack of WSOP final tables/bubbles does not a terrible player make.

JOEL_
07-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Why is this of great interest to you?

ericicecream
07-11-2007, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's not like a couple of weeks with David and *poof*... bracelets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or ten years with him maybe.

PokeReader
07-11-2007, 12:25 PM
It's impossible to know where she is as a player right now. I would just appreciate a little humility out of her, blind ambition fine, connection to reality appreciated, also courtesty at the table, but I do think she get a worse rap here than she would if she were a guy, but if she were a guy, no one would have ever heard of her.

JOEL_
07-11-2007, 12:58 PM
If she were a guy there would have been no attention at all. Which makes me believe the guys attacking her here on this message board have serious issues.

Hawklet
07-11-2007, 01:05 PM
If she were a guy, she wouldn't act the way that she does...

BOOM! Paradox!

Warteen
07-11-2007, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's impossible to know where she is as a player right now. I would just appreciate a little humility out of her,

[/ QUOTE ]

Or just not saying "go f*** yourself" to the person who busts her.

W brad
07-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Pardon me if my comment is not strictly Brandi related:

When they report people's winnings they should do it on a net basis. So if you money in the ME at 25,000, you're winnings should be reported as 15,000 (25,000 less the buy-in) instead of 25,000.

So many people who money are only getting twice or thrice their buy-in, that to report their gross earnings is very deceptive, making it look like they are earning more than they really are.

Emperor
07-11-2007, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If she were a guy there would have been no attention at all. Which makes me believe the guys attacking her here on this message board have serious issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree 100%. Go back and insert "Alex Jacob" (for example) for "Brandi Rose" in all of the posts on this board, the interviews, and internet articles. The response would be even more dramatic, not less.

I am pretty sure if a reporter had asked a guy if he was having sex with David Sklansky in exchange for "mentoring", there would have been plenty of attention given for example.

Lori
07-11-2007, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

When they report people's winnings they should do it on a net basis. So if you money in the ME at 25,000, you're winnings should be reported as 15,000 (25,000 less the buy-in) instead of 25,000.

So many people who money are only getting twice or thrice their buy-in, that to report their gross earnings is very deceptive, making it look like they are earning more than they really are.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would just lead to more articles like the CBS one posted elsewhere on this page. We don't want the game to look worse than it is already.

Lori

DJSHAD0W
07-11-2007, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If she were a guy, it would be OK to say go f*** yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

W brad
07-11-2007, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would just lead to more articles like the CBS one posted elsewhere on this page. We don't want the game to look worse than it is already.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think we will have more respect from the world by lying about what our real earnings are, instead of telling the truth?

Lori
07-11-2007, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think we will have more respect from the world by lying about what our real earnings are, instead of telling the truth?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think you're ever going to live in a world where gamblers get respect, I suspect you're in for a surprise.

Tennis and Golf tournaments don't deduct entry fees, why should we?

Lori

Hawklet
07-11-2007, 01:39 PM
If Tennis and Golf tournaments jumped off a bridge would you too?

Maybe if enough people give net winnings, people would stop asking us how much we lost. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

s33w33d
07-11-2007, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And those that sat in, or have backers would be treated how?

Bonified
07-11-2007, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On a single event basis, I think we're all capable of subtracting the buyin ourselves. If you meant over the whole series, then anyone who really cares can probably make an informed guess as to "How much did they lose". The problem with it being "outed" to all is that it would embarrass the hell out of the fish, and no one wants that.

pokulator
07-11-2007, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So how many events did Brandi enter and where did she finish in those events? How many cashes did she have and how many final tables did she make? What was her net profit or loss for the WSOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

during the main event she told me that she had entered 6 tourneys and cashed in 1. she also said that she put herself into all of the tournaments and that she hasn't gotten laid in a long time.

dwf76
07-11-2007, 02:46 PM
She did get a bracelet, In the hospital had her name on it and everything.

dogsballs
07-11-2007, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

brendanb438
07-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Nice hand indeed dwf76.

Anyway in before Brandi goes crazy on OP and before this thread gets derailed.

-Brendan

PITTM
07-11-2007, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
she hasn't gotten laid in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

does this figure include tricks turned or no?

Syntec87
07-11-2007, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody says thrice, and this is intentional b/c people like big numbers.

jedi
07-11-2007, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I just sprayed coffee all over my keyboard.

pokulator
07-11-2007, 03:54 PM
i'm not sure what exactly is counted or what a long time is to her. she kept telling her table that she got 4 shots in her butt for her illness while standing and pointing to her butt. the guy next to her said, "i don't believe you, prove it." and everyone got a good laugh.

Maple Leafs
07-11-2007, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
she kept telling her table that she got 4 shots in her butt

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.pokernews.com/files_en/reporting/blog/4693eb8f7c0e2.jpg