PDA

View Full Version : How do I beat 10NLHE on FTP?

Julio
07-11-2007, 04:51 AM
I want to beat this game and I'd like to hear your input. A friend told me that Poker Tracker was a must, as well as always posting troubled hands in the forums.

1. How big of a bankroll am I gonna need?
2. On average, how long will it take someone to consistently "beat" the game?
3. What else do I need to do?

dimeetrees
07-11-2007, 05:07 AM
If you are just starting, be prepared to take a loss. If you dont have a lot of experiance, you arn't going to start out winning. What you can do to help yourself is to play TIGHT and AGGRESSIVE poker and soak in as much information about the game as you can from various sources, including this forum.

A standard bankroll is 20 max buyins, so $200 for 10NL. To prove yourself as a consistent you will have to play atleast 20k hands for each level as well as move up when you have atleast 20 buyins for the next level.

You need to consistently re-evaluate yourself as a player and make small adjustments to your game if you plan on growing quickly. I've been playing since Nov.05 and I am still learning on a more advanced level.

Goodluck in your pursuits.

Genz
07-11-2007, 05:26 AM
1) Read the essentials. In there is everything about bankroll management etc.
2) I hope you've got a rakeback deal on ftp. If not, I hope you haven't deposited any real money yet.
3) Poker Tracker costs $50 which is probably 1/4th of your roll and you don't even know if you really want to pick up this game. Play 1 or 2, maximum 3 tables at the beginning and try to notice yourself who is playing a lot of hands and who is betting a lot and who is just calling all the time. You won't need PT. Make sure you take notes on how much you won and lost though, so that you have reliable statistics (include the amount of hands played). Store the hand histories and when you actually get PT at a later point in time, you can import them.
4) Prepare to get this thread locked, because of a violation of the FAQs which want you to read the essentials first (stickied in the forum. RIGHT AT THE TOP /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

HighSteaks
07-11-2007, 06:59 AM
I don't know that you need to spend that much on software etc at the moment, first thing is to learn the basics- look for anything to learn from, get your starting hands right, try and answer posts from 10NL- this is a great starting vid for 10NL, you can watch it online or download it, it's free and worth a look.

http://www.pokerdynasty.net/2007-06-07rc6maxabc.html

ev_slave
07-11-2007, 08:05 AM
I'm in the middle of working my game out in 10NL, I have between 5 and 10k hands so far. I do have PT, and it has been helpful in picking out obvious leaks, even with so few hands. Consider getting it as you get going.

The biggest attitude change that I've made that's been EXTREMELY helpful is to not "worry" about the money. Don't get nervous if you're down in a session. Your goal is to MAKE GOOD DECISIONS and let the results taking care of themselves. If you constantly make good decisions, you'll be a winning player. The trick is the discipline to make those decisions.