PDA

View Full Version : CEO looking for online trainer-do you know of one?

twisterpoker
07-11-2007, 01:34 AM
I dont have a lot of time. Always traveling. I am looking to for a good poker trainer but one that can teach me via phone by playing on an online site. Anyone like this exist?

PokeReader
07-11-2007, 01:39 AM
Sure, there are alot people that will do this, though if you are going to play live it would be better to have some live sessions. The bigger trick will be to make sure the person is good at it. As I'm sure you know, some people who are good at something can't teach it well, and some people who are less good are great teachers. Ask for references and the success rate for their students. This is probably not the forum for this post.

thepokerace1
07-11-2007, 01:45 AM
I played in a few wsop, Bellagio, CEO, and even a big cash game at the Venetian. Was treated great except at the WSOP. Felt like I was cow being told were to go, more than like a poker player. Anyone feel like this? It was like hearding cattle.

pacecar86
07-11-2007, 01:53 AM
ceo=no time=swap golf for poker...gotta put in the hours hours guy....Chris Reslock recommended Johnny Bax (Cliff Josephy)to me for group coaching/on-line play, not live one-on-one...

pacecar86
07-11-2007, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I played in a few wsop, Bellagio, CEO, and even a big cash game at the Venetian. Was treated great except at the WSOP. Felt like I was cow being told were to go, more than like a poker player. Anyone feel like this? It was like hearding cattle.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds about right

thepokerace1
07-11-2007, 03:24 AM
double right.

twisterpoker
07-11-2007, 03:38 AM
I was one of those cows.

luckyjimm
07-11-2007, 04:40 AM
Cardrunners?

w_alloy
07-11-2007, 09:01 AM
http://www.3-bet.net/default.php provides what you want and is run by/employs some of the best players on the internet. I strongly recommend them.

suzzer99
07-11-2007, 09:24 AM
I'll coach you in SNGs.

twisterpoker
07-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Thank you but I visited another tournament link that was sent over to me in a prior post.

Thanks

thepokerace1
07-11-2007, 10:10 AM
how much do you charge

PokeReader
07-11-2007, 11:11 AM
I would bet money that the same person has both of these two accounts. I don't know why they are making these odd posts, but if they are playing large buy-in tournaments I would be beyond shocked. Can't even write a hand question out properly. Please, I have no problem with you posting, becoming a member, whatever. But, it is not easy for a beginner to pass as someone who plays alot. Please, just put the act aside and be yourself. This is a place to learn, and pretending to be something you're not is not going to help you, and it is making me wonder whether you are working for a tournment - or what. It is not nice to ask about hiring someone when you are not sincere. If you are the 10K buy-in player you purport to be, I fail to understand why "either" of you would want someone to coach you in SNG's.