PDA

View Full Version : Suited Connects 3-bet pf.

Capone
07-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Heres a situation that frequently arises that I am stumpted upon:

I call a raise preflop, and it gets re-raised and the original raiser is still to act. Do I call here with a suited connecter in position eg. 87 suited?

If I'm deepstacked does the decision change?

Capone
07-11-2007, 01:27 AM
I think this should give oppurtunity for some good disscusion/thinking.

jessyj07
07-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Stack sizes are extremely important here. The deeper you are the more inclined you should be to call

[ QUOTE ]
I raise preflop, and I get re-raised and a player calls and the original raiser is still to act.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand, you're the original raiser so you can't be sandwiched unless you raise the c/o, button calls, sb 3-bets and bb cold calls and then you have to act and it's more of a decision.

Capone
07-11-2007, 01:30 AM
Preflop: Hero is dealt 8 7 (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP raises to $8.00, CO folds, Hero calls $8.00, SB raises to $32.00, BB folds, MP calls $24.00, Hero calls $24.00

Sorry something like that.

filsteal
07-11-2007, 01:33 AM
I think you either need stacks considerably deeper than 100BB or really weak-tight opponents for calling the reraise to be profitable.

calmB4storm
07-11-2007, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Loc: 200NL @ Stars

[/ QUOTE ]
You're too good for us.
Small Stakes Forum yo.

Edit:
[ QUOTE ]
Loc: Student of the Game

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha never mind.
Welcome!

I agree that without reads, I wouldn't be calling this unless we're extremely deepstacked.

P.S. Noting the two threads you just started, I thought I'd mention that it's probably better to just post actual hands, including reads, stack sizes, etc. You'll get better/more accurate discussion that way.

Capone
07-11-2007, 01:39 AM
What do you mean by weak tight? How does that affect our decision to call? Intresting. (newbish question sorry).

filsteal
07-11-2007, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean by weak tight? How does that affect our decision to call? Intresting. (newbish question sorry).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, by the time it gets 3-bet, our implied odds are no longer good enough to justify calling PF in order to hit a hand or good draw on the flop (assuming 100BB or so). So the only way to justify a PF call is if we think we can take the pot away often enough on the flop when we don't hit. That would only be the case if villain is outrageously weak-tight.

(Actually, we could also justify a call with metagame-type considerations, i.e., that calling loses money with this hand but makes more money by disguising our other hands we might play similarly, but this isn't really a concern at SSNL/uNL.)

Capone
07-11-2007, 01:51 AM
Intresting thanks filsteal. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I get what you mean now, we aren't getting good enough implied odds so the only way we can call is if we feel we can exploit our opponent post flop by stealing the pot. (Meaning hes weak).

How does having 200BB affect our implied odds? Would we then be getting suffiecent implied odds? Obviously our opponent would need a 200BB stack to right?

filsteal
07-11-2007, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Intresting thanks filsteal. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I get what you mean now, we aren't getting good enough implied odds so the only way we can call is if we feel we can exploit our opponent post flop by stealing the pot. (Meaning hes weak).

How does having 200BB affect our implied odds? Would we then be getting suffiecent implied odds? Obviously our opponent would need a 200BB stack to right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may need even more than 200 BB to justify calling a RR here purely for implied odds value. It's probably close, though.