PDA

View Full Version : AK facing minraise on flop

RyuSujin
07-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Two or so orbits of the table later, this hand comes up. Villain seems to be a bit of a maniac, on later streets going crazy with over-bets, causing lots of folds. My initial read was that he may have gotten lucky with something like Tx. What do you think?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.01/$0.02 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $3.24
Hero (BB): $4.97
UTG: $6.13
MP: $16.96
CO: $2.26
BTN: $2.97

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.12</font>, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN folds

Flop: ($0.39) T/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.22</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.44</font>, 2 folds

Pot Size: $1.05

Haven't seen him pull the min-raise before. Thoughts? Thanks!

ZingZhang
07-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Agggh!!! I hate min raises lol.
Could get away with raising more preflop, the stacks are pretty deep bb-wise. Mp could easily have an excellent draw, a J or even have you drawing very slim with 3 10's and it won't be cheap to find out either way.
It's semi-conservative and prob feels a little too passive to fold but ultimately you just have ace high and will likely find a better spot later where you will be a significant favourite and he's in full maniac flow /images/graemlins/wink.gif

LegendLength
07-11-2007, 01:17 AM
Call the miniraise and re-evaluate turn. I wouldn't be worried about a T or J so much as some type of draw on that board.

Sometimes against this type of player I would just push flop hoping he has a draw but I am sure that is spewy /images/graemlins/smile.gif