PDA

View Full Version : 10NL: straight on flush board (deep)

CowsFTW
07-10-2007, 08:02 PM
This is my first post, so please be gentle /images/graemlins/blush.gif
(There seems to be no hand history converter for Everest, am I mistaken?)

Stack sizes:
villain $24.44
hero $29.18

Reads: Villain is a fish. 50/6/1.5 over about 150 hands. He got his big stack from an overpair QQ that he check/raised on the flop against another player and some smaller pots. He did raise QQ preflop.

Hand:
I have A /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif in MP.
UTG folds, and CO and BTN are pretty tight, so I decide to raise to $0.40. This is not my default play, but I hadn't played any hands for a while. CO, BTN and SB fold, and BB (Villain) reraises to $1.25.
I then make a misclick and call, where I should have folded.

I immediately put Villain on AK, QQ+ due to his low preflop aggression.

Flop: (Pot: $2.55) 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villain checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (Pot: $2.55) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Villian bets $0.90, Hero raises to $2.50, Villain raises to $23.19 (all-in), Hero ?

Comments on all streets welcomed (I probably should have folded pre-flop, the call of his re-raise was a misclick).
Thanks for your input.

CowsFTW
07-11-2007, 06:21 AM
Anyone?

JaneFonda
07-11-2007, 06:53 AM
against that purticular villian i fold, i cant see what he has that you beat, with the flush and and straight on the board and given his stats hes not all-in unless he has one of them, considering his preflop re-raise that makes it very unlikely that he too has a straight.

How many players were at the table? its hard to visualise your preflop play, seems to me like the initial raise was probably incorrect, let alone the call

CowsFTW
07-11-2007, 07:09 AM
It was a six-handed game. All stacks (except for mine and Villain's) about 80~100BB.

cooker3
07-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Seeing as he is a fish I instacall, considering your range, aces and kings with diamond are big possibilities

CowsFTW
07-11-2007, 08:18 AM
But wouldn't he make the same play with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, perhaps A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ? And is my range QQ+, AK correct or is this too tight?

TheArtfulDodger
07-11-2007, 08:20 AM
I play also on Everest, same problem here with finding HH converter.

Against a fish like this, call. Most of the times I think big overpair. Prob wouldn't re-raise without a big pair.

Genz
07-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Call. You beat every overpair. Only one hand beats you: AdKd. This is 1/12th or even only 1/24th of his range.

cooker3
07-11-2007, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But wouldn't he make the same play with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, perhaps A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ? And is my range QQ+, AK correct or is this too tight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah probably but the number of times he has that are far ourweighed by times he has aces and kings and ak/aq with just 1 diamond

corsakh
07-11-2007, 08:42 AM
250BB deep in position this misclick is far from terrible. I am certainly calling with SC there, ace-rag suited is not the hand I'd want, but its ok. Call turn.

CowsFTW
07-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks all for the responses. After he pushed all in, I thought for a while and put him on a big overpair with or without a diamond and called. He showed K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif so the analysis here was spot on. There came no /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the river so I took the pot.