PDA

View Full Version : Stud8 - Day 7, Hand 4: Small pair in the hole with an ace

Aaron W.
01-05-2006, 12:11 AM
I couldn't decide if raising or limping would be better. Maybe a raise is better at higher limits where players make more of an attempt to read hands.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in
Seat 6: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

4th Street - (3.20 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

mscags
01-05-2006, 12:47 AM
good

getfunky
01-06-2006, 04:21 PM
i love the way you played this, in fact I need to work on folding 4th when I catch good in a spot like this.

you had a marginal hand and an ace entered the pot, so you just limped, and folded 4th when you were obviously behind in both directions, the pot being quite small.

you would have raised if no one had entered the pot hoping to steal the antes, having a decent hand if you were called. when playing against an ace you need to tighten up:
many would argue folding on 3rd. but I like seeing 4th st. cheaply here, with a buried pair - as long as you have the discipline you demonstrated.