PDA

View Full Version : Stud8 - Day 7, Hand 3: 3-flush with two low cards

Aaron W.
01-05-2006, 12:09 AM
These 3-flushes confuse me. I folded the previous one because it only had one low card, but I called this one because it had two (though it was a weak one). I think I'm going to need to think about them a bit more and figure out what I'm doing.

Should I peel one on 4th because the pot is getting big?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises
Seat 2: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds

4th Street - (5.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 2: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___folds

mscags
01-05-2006, 12:48 AM
looks fine to me since your suit is very live and the ante is pretty large

getfunky
01-06-2006, 04:08 PM
the live flush and live ace makes your hand quite playable, though never get too excited about entering a pot with a brick in your hand. the reason is evident here, where you were forced to fold on 4th st. even though you might suspect larceny. If you had three babies and a good draw you could certainly take a card off because nobody improved, but here your hand has become trash. You must catch a baby or flush card to continue with this type of hand.