PDA

View Full Version : Vinny Vinh is doing it AGAIN

FatalError
07-10-2007, 04:54 AM
Vinnie Vinh Watch
Vinnie Vinh's empty chair isn't having much luck -- it's down to 16,900.

that was at 1:30 around the start of 400-800 a100

vinny has been missing since dinner break and before dinner break he was reportedly falling asleep at the table and talking about how he just wanted to go to sleep

prolly been on 4 day long meth session or something

either way at 2200 per round and estimated 40 hands/hr he'll only pay 6 rounds of blinds and might make it to day 2 with a few chips

WarDekar
07-10-2007, 04:56 AM
I believe he had about 34k at dinner so he's dwindling fast.

Also I would think you get less hands in per hour closer to the end of the day, so maybe he'll end up with enough to have 5BB on Wed.

FatalError
07-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Vinnie Vinh's Chair Limps In
Vinnie Vinh's empty chair has outlasted many professional poker players and will start Day 2b with 3,300 in chips.

Tornado69
07-10-2007, 05:49 PM
how long before he's out of cash and a down and out drug addict? I seen to many people go down this road it's a sad and disgusting thing ...

PokeReader
07-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Good on the chair making day 2 though, that chair has never fail to make day 2. Winningest chair ever!

A_Junglen
07-10-2007, 06:42 PM
The age old question of "Could an empty seat last through Day 1" has finally been answered.

Artsemis
07-10-2007, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The age old question of "Could an empty seat last through Day 1" has finally been answered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep and the answer is no. He build his stack to over 30k before running off the final time.

sketchy1
07-10-2007, 06:56 PM
does anyone out there care about vinny? i mean, seriously, if he had a friend or family member who gave a [censored], they should have come in and taken him out of vegas weeks ago. he clearly can't handle himself like an adult. this is absurd. who is staking this guy??

wheels25
07-10-2007, 07:05 PM
What do you mean with "he cleary can`t handle himself"? What`s going on with that dude?

I thought i´ve read something he left his chair due to illness , but I could be wrong.

wheels25
07-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Ok, did some research on that guy. Now I understand.

Obv addicted on hard drugs and a lost person.

JMa
07-10-2007, 07:51 PM
who is his backer? rawvegas.tv says that his backer hired bodyguards to ensure that vinnie would show up on day 2...but he tricked them all by not showing up after dinner

Hiiiiiiii
07-11-2007, 01:35 AM
sad story

PokeReader
07-11-2007, 02:18 AM
You think Vinny is sad now, wait until he tries to cash out, and finds out the chair already did, split with the backer, and headed off to the Carribean with a really hot blonde. Sadly, word is the chair was influenced too much from hangin around Vinnie so much, and is now sniffing his own glue. Backing deal for the chair may fall apart.

PokeReader
07-11-2007, 02:51 AM
Wicked chops has an interview with Vinny before he absconded during dinner break

http://wickedchopspoker.blogs.com/my_weblog/

pokulator
07-11-2007, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
does anyone out there care about vinny? i mean, seriously, if he had a friend or family member who gave a [censored], they should have come in and taken him out of vegas weeks ago. he clearly can't handle himself like an adult. this is absurd. who is staking this guy??

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't want to disclose who the backer is, but i think that vinny made him money during the WSOP somehow.

flavio321
07-11-2007, 02:56 AM
his teeth will start for fall out soon. sad

PokeReader
07-11-2007, 03:00 AM
Obviously he made money, he cashed in 2 events, I don't even think he played many. I think the issue is Vinny owes alot of money, so that changes things. If he were even with the backer, it would be more likely the guy would think about the future and try to force the rehab issue, even though it's not likely to work. But when you're owed money, then you want to even. And I was surprised it took two no shows to get guards on the guy, and even then they were incompetent. Hello, he is a junkie. He doesn't want to stay, he wants to go do drugs. Never could have made it through the ME. Waste of money.

AHoboOnFire
07-11-2007, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You think Vinny is sad now, wait until he tries to cash out, and finds out the chair already did, split with the backer, and headed off to the Carribean with a really hot blonde. Sadly, word is the chair was influenced too much from hangin around Vinnie so much, and is now sniffing his own glue. Backing deal for the chair may fall apart.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

THEOSU
07-11-2007, 05:58 AM
wow. (http://www.pokernews.com/news/2007/6/where-world-vinnie-vinh.htm)

PokeReader
07-11-2007, 06:17 AM
If the bodyguards were a little more competent the chair could have had a perfect cash record. Seemed liked from his level of tiredness Vin was prob. so broke he couldn't get a fix before playing. You'd think if the backer wanted to get even so bad he be obnoxious enough to give him twenty dollars through the body guards a hour before play started. I think he should just cut him off from poker and everything else, but if you were a real bastard and wanted you're money, more chance of him being O.K. for a few hours that way. Doesn't look like Vinny's gonna make it, too many people to beg from.

wheels25
07-11-2007, 06:31 AM
http://wickedchopspoker.blogs.com/my_weblog/2007/06/vinny_vinh_is_b.html

"Vinh spent the entire night arguing with the dealers, WSOP staff and other players around him every chance he had about anything he could think of at the time. Players from other tables even got up to ask him to shut up, but nothing worked. Many felt the best decision might be to give Vinh an exception to the no electronic devices under 15 tables rule and give him his iPod back. At one point he picked up a hand and was screaming "Shoot it up," grabbing his arm, making a needle like motion and pumping chips into the pot."

PokeReader
07-11-2007, 06:38 AM
Maybe next time Brandi is sick she can specially ask for Vin's chair. Even if it seems like a bit of a nit, you can't argue with results, and this chair has a much better WSOP record than DramaBomba. Hopefully the chair will be off the glue by then, maybe the girlfriend can get him straight.

Brunowolfes
07-11-2007, 08:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's gold Jerry. GOLD!!!!

wheels25
07-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Doesn`t Vinh have like 3300 chips left in ME? Let´s see if he appears today.

afadeyi
07-11-2007, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn`t Vinh have like 3300 chips left in ME? Let´s see if he appears today.

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't he play yestereday?

PokeReader
07-11-2007, 10:49 AM
It will be interesting to see, the chair is on fumes, but I know it wants to keep it's perfect WSOP cashing record intact. Maybe the chair will hire some serious heavies, get him a bag so he's ready to play for most of the day, and the chair will coast threw again. I mean, that chair could use the extra money, that blonde may be a looker, but she is a real serious spender baby.

afadeyi
07-11-2007, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It will be interesting to see, the chair is on fumes, but I know it wants to keep it's perfect WSOP cashing record intact. Maybe the chair will hire some serious heavies, get him a bag so he's ready to play for most of the day, and the chair will coast threw again. I mean, that chair could use the extra money, that blonde may be a looker, but she is a real serious spender baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?

kyro
07-11-2007, 11:21 AM
chip and a chair?

anybody?

PokeReader
07-11-2007, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not too many chips, but the most accomplished chair of all time!

Pokertini
07-11-2007, 12:37 PM
If the chair wants to get back into this thing, it will really have to loosen up its game.

hanover
07-11-2007, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the chair wants to get back into this thing, it will really have to loosen up its game.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

AngusThermopyle
07-11-2007, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have to be off its rocker to start chaise-ing.

Maulik
07-11-2007, 01:44 PM
is he a 2p2?

Terrapin Soup
07-11-2007, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, because if it does, it ottomanage to get a decent cushion.

PokeReader
07-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Vinny's Chair is definitely a lurker. We should be pushing for this chair. I heard the chair is trying to loosen up, but his upholstery is too tight. Trying to get emergency overnight job, but hard to find 24 hour upholsterer. Failing that, chair is hoping the muscle he and the backer hired will get Vinny in the chair this morning.

sixsixtie
07-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Enough chair jokes
thanks

montanajo
07-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Vinnie Vinh on the Rail

There has been plenty of speculation on whether or not Vinnie Vinh would show up today. Well, he's here. He was spotted on the rail next to his table eating an ice cream bar.

Vinh ended Day 1d with 3,200 in chips. He had over 30,000 around dinner break then disappeared. He never returned to the Amazon Ballroom after the break. He was blinded down and his empty chair advanced to Day 2b with 3,200 in chips.

There were rumors that his backers hired bodyguards to insure that he shows up. One thing is for sure, Vinh is here.

Terrapin Soup
07-11-2007, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Enough chair jokes
thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be blaming the person who held a gun to your head and ordered you to read the thread, not us.

The chair jokes are no more absurd than Vinny Vinh's plight. What else is there to say?

ZeTurd
07-11-2007, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, because if it does, it ottomanage to get a decent cushion.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno. At this point in it's tournament life it can't be to reclined. It needs to step up it's game to book some good windsor it'll soon be over.

PokeReader
Vinny Vinh Eliminated
On the second hand of play at his table, the action was folded to Vinny Vinh and he moved all in for 3,000 from two off the button. The big blind said, "I call blind." Vinh turned over {5h}{9d} saying "it's my favorite hand," while the big blind tabled {Kh}{8s}. The flop was {Qd}{5d}{8h}. The turn was the {9s} making Vinh two pair, but the river was the {Ks}, making a higher two pair for the big blind and eliminating Vinh. After wishing his opponents luck, Vinh made a hasty exit from the Amazon Room.

Bummer for the chair. No chance to play.

Quanah Parker
Chair jokes are always funny.
Unlike stool jokes, which are usually crappy.

VinnyVinh'sChair
07-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Sorry I let you down guys.

PokeReader
07-11-2007, 04:46 PM
How did you get that so fast! I signed up for that account like 3 hours ago. Still no email.

PokeReader
07-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Vinnie Vinh Eliminated from 2007 World Series of Poker
The Vinnie Vinh saga at the 2007 World Series of Poker is now over.

Vinh was eliminated on the second hand of play today on Day 2b after putting his short stack in the middle with 5♥ 9♦ only to be called by the big blind who held K♥ 8♠. Both players flopped a pair, Vinh turned two pair but his opponent made a better two pair and Vinh was sent to the rail.

Only a few minutes before play started Vinh said he no interest in winning.

“I can’t win,” said Vinh. “If I win this year, I die. So I’m not gonna win.”

When asked to elaborate what that meant Vinh was somewhat cryptic.

“These Vietnamese guys, they find me if I win,” said Vinh, before sitting down to his stack of 3,200. “So I’m not going to win this year. Next year though, I win.”

“This year I’m too crazy.”

After failing to show up for Day 1a Vinh’s stack was removed from play and his buy-in refunded. However just as Day 1d started Vinh was spotted at the cashier’s cage registering for play. He ran his stack up to over 35,000 before the dinner break but failed to return to play that night. His stack was blinded off to 3,200 chips.

Vinh’s elimination was no surprise to anybody. According to friends Vinh is apparently dealing with some personal issues, including a stint in rehab. His close friend Jimmy Tran was speaking with Jack Effel on Day 1a about having Vinh’s situation when he told Effel that Vinh was “in a hospital, you know for rehab”.

Written by Lance Bradley on Wednesday, July 11th, 2007 at 12:41 pm.

But what about the chair!! Now the blonde will leave it, it won't be able to get reapholstered, and will end up a glue sniffing addict, somewhere in the same cheap dives Vinny hangs out in. In seriousness though, for Christ sake, get to rehab Vinny, stay there, worry about the fact that you owe money to some very bad people later.

mtgordon
07-11-2007, 05:10 PM
One of the few ways for his statement to make sense is if he sold over 100% of himself to a combination of people. 50% here, 75% there, etc. If he won 1 million he might have owed people 3 million, etc. Obviously pure speculation and if he would have done this he really shouldn't have mentioned it in public, but that's the only way I can make sense of it.

PokeReader
07-11-2007, 05:17 PM
That may be part of it, but I think the main issue is that Vinny owes alot of money to some very bad people. They know he is broke now, so they will wait in hope he will pay later. But he is in serious debt to his backer, so even if he won, I don't really think he would win as much as anyone would think, but enought everyone would be sure he could pay them off and would use some serious pursuation if he didn't.

1p0kerboy
07-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Who in their right mind would stake this guy?

Mano
07-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Interview with Vihn on RawVegas (http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch.php?vID=90a6277c5f4e804d503f89fdec6fa3)

Analyst
07-11-2007, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One of the few ways for his statement to make sense is if he sold over 100% of himself to a combination of people. 50% here, 75% there, etc. If he won 1 million he might have owed people 3 million, etc. Obviously pure speculation and if he would have done this he really shouldn't have mentioned it in public, but that's the only way I can make sense of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.tesco.com/pi/entertainment/DVD/LF/681468_DV_L_F.jpg

PrimogenitoX
07-11-2007, 05:36 PM
What a scumbag.

PokeReader
07-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Vinny is in serious arears with his backer who is trying to get even. Sadly, Vin has made money this series, even as messed up as he is. If only he could get clean, he would need to keep relying one that nitty chair! I mean, folding AA on the button preflop after one limper! They should have made that chair out of granite.

apefish
07-11-2007, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chair jokes are always funny.
Unlike stool jokes, which are usually crappy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better than it will get credit for.

PokeReader
07-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Rick Tocchet Pulls a Vinnie Vinh
Yes, it's unfortunate that Vinh's condition has become a catchphrase, but I think it's one that is here to stay. While Vinnie Vinh himself showed up today (but busted early with a short stack), Rick Tocchet never returned for his Day Two. He survived Day 1c with 17,100 in chips, and his stack made it to the second level without him before succumbing to the blinds. Why didn't Tocchet ever return to play? There's a theory that he was getting too much pressure for his legal troubles with gambling and conspiracy charges. While it's completely legal for him (or anyone over the age of 21) to play in the World Series of Poker, it may have been bad for him in other ways. Regardless of the reason, Tocchet never returned on Day 2b, and his chips are now gone.

Who will be the next chair to play, PASS THAT BLIND!

JMa
07-11-2007, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"At one point he picked up a hand and was screaming "Shoot it up," grabbing his arm, making a needle like motion and pumping chips into the pot."

[/ QUOTE ]

disgusting

Vinny's Chair
07-11-2007, 07:12 PM
I would like to point out that although this chair may have lasted longer than I did in the ME, clearly I have the best poker record of any inanimate object ever. I am planning on looking through the many offers I have received, due to the publicity regarding my results, and I assure you that you will be hearing alot more about me in the future!

Jack Bando
07-11-2007, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"At one point he picked up a hand and was screaming "Shoot it up," grabbing his arm, making a needle like motion and pumping chips into the pot."

[/ QUOTE ]

disgusting

[/ QUOTE ]

Is WCP reliable? I thought they were a joke site.

And the carbon rod could take VV's chair HU.

PokeReader
07-11-2007, 07:34 PM
This particular sentence is obv. a joke.

Vinny's Chair
07-11-2007, 07:39 PM
I admit my HU game needs some work, but I had a solid series, especially for a first time chair. Now, as a experienced chair, used to my player flaking out, I have the ability to fold my way to glory!!! Don't disrezpek the chair baby, I'm from the street.

RarocASP
07-11-2007, 08:35 PM
In all seriousness, I saw that chair make a sick laydown preflop. Nice fold chair!

Vinny's Chair
07-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanx! Brandi PM'ed me, she wants me to give her poker lessons when she is feeling better. Doesn't think Skalansky's turned out the way she hoped. She noticed I am always a 95% favorite preflop when I am in the hand, and want more help tightening up her game. I ditched that blonde like nobody's business! That girl can get your seat covers heated up like nobody else.

BigSoonerFan
07-11-2007, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who in their right mind would stake this guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Billy Baxter?