PDA

View Full Version : Party store is here... but not for Acceler-8-tor participants

Petomane
02-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Yesterday I had 77,000+ Party points. Today, the Acceler-8-tor bonus got paid and I have 75,000+ points. So you redeem your points.

In other words, if you're a VIP, you do NOT accumulate points, unless you like triple your weekly goal or something.

I wish they didn't have a pop-up announcing the store, because it's not for me. I'd rather have the weekly cash, but still...

emon87
02-23-2006, 06:54 PM
um, you still have 75k points to spend on merchandise.

And if you dont want the cash, spend your points before they redeem them for the cash.

I can't believe you're whining that you are getting cash instead of merchandise worth about 1/10 of the cash theyre giving you.

Schwartzy61
02-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Dude, they give you CASH...

Which is just as good as MONEY!

krazyace5
02-23-2006, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, they give you CASH...

Which is just as good as MONEY!

[/ QUOTE ]

Which, if you can believe this, is better than points!!!!
I know, its a shocker, but its true....

Petomane
02-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Why do you even bother posting that I'm whining, you sad little troll? I'M MERELY POINTING OUT THAT YOU DO NOT ACCUMULATE POINTS IF YOU'RE ON THE VIP PROGRAM, WHICH PEOPLE MIGHT NOT REALIZE.

And if you read my post, I said I'd rather have the cash.

NickMPK
02-23-2006, 07:55 PM
You still get points for Happy Hour and Raked Days, so you're not getting complete shut out.

My VIP bonus is worth at least 20x the value of the points they are taking away. Basically, I'm choosing between $1000 and a Party Poker shirt.

And why are you saying the store is "not for you" when you have 75K in points saved up! Isn't that why you saved them??

Some people just go looking for sutff to complain about.

MicroBob
02-23-2006, 08:26 PM
if they are only taking 2k points out of your account per week and you have 75k points left-over then I believe that means you have 75k points that you can spend.

Am I missing something here?

cnfuzzd
02-23-2006, 11:09 PM
obviously, the party poker store will be closing at the end of the acceler8 promo...

peace

john nickle

LesJ
02-24-2006, 02:45 AM
<<<obviously, the party poker store will be closing at the end of the acceler8 promo...>>

So you don't think EVERY VIP bonus from here on out will include redeeming PPs? I would doubt seriously that VIP players will ever have an opportunity to grow points that could be spent in the store. Of course, I would rather have the cash, but I am sure Party will make sure we don't have the ability to make bonus and spend points in their store for decent "gifts."

Les

Davey
02-24-2006, 03:20 AM
Im on the lower level of the VIPs but I get way more points for deposits, raked days, and happy hours than I do from my regular play. I can clear the promo and still have points left for the store. I can understand why some might be disappointed but if there was a cash for points option wouldnt you take that over a gift from the store? And its been known from the first email regarding this promo that your points will be redeemed. Why all the fuss now?

Hock_
02-24-2006, 12:43 PM
The "they give you money so stop complaining" responses are, with all due respect, shockingly stupid. This is a market. We are consumers. With choices. We shouldn't be doing backflips that Party has finally started doing what they should've been doing all along -- offering incentives to retain the business of their biggest profit centers -- we should be cold and calculating and at the very minimum compare what Party offers with what other sites offer.

E.g., I got a terrible Acceler-8 offer -- or whatever the hell you call it since I've essentially ignored it since it's so bad. So now you're telling me that since I'm getting something I should just put a grin on and shut up. F**k that. I don't owe Party anything -- Party needs to step up to keep my business. And although it's better it's FAR from good.

MicroBob
02-24-2006, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<<<obviously, the party poker store will be closing at the end of the acceler8 promo...>>

So you don't think EVERY VIP bonus from here on out will include redeeming PPs? I would doubt seriously that VIP players will ever have an opportunity to grow points that could be spent in the store. Of course, I would rather have the cash, but I am sure Party will make sure we don't have the ability to make bonus and spend points in their store for decent "gifts."

Les

[/ QUOTE ]

If your acceler-8-or promo i to get 1000 REGULAR points per week then you might have earned almost 2000 point in total by the end of the week (happy-hours, raked-days, etc).
Even more if you are into the whole TAF or deposit-bonus thing.