PDA

View Full Version : LOL Costanzaments

zerocarb
07-09-2007, 02:38 PM
In case you missed this gem from Day 1C:

"Jason Alexander limped into a pot and Phil Gordon checked his option in the big blind. The flop came 10-3-2, and Gordon bet out. Alexander raised and Gordon called. The turn brought another 10 and this time Phil bet out and Alexander just called. The river brought a 5 and Alexander gets the rest of his money in the pot. Gordon pays him off with trip tens, but it wouldn’t come without a little trash talk from the pro when he saw Alexander turn over pocket fives for a full house in the river. Needless to say, Gordon was pissed and Alexander was delighted, but everyone was laughing again soon enough."

The B
07-09-2007, 02:55 PM
"you're pushing your luck little man"

-soup Nazi

liquid
07-09-2007, 03:06 PM
from Georgie Boy's blog (http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/pro_blog_entry/7278?player_id=36956):

Phil Gordon is Evil

BY: JASON ALEXANDER
FROM THE: Event 55 - World Championship No-Limit Hold'em
PUBLISHED: Sunday Jul 08, 2007 08:42 PM

I was brilliant that last level but Phil Gordon is a rapist, a convicted rapist; he bluffed me out of a pot that was legitimately mine. And, by the way, I have to say it was with a vendetta because he was like pissy for like four hours. I beat him in a hand, legitimately and brilliantly; he didn't like it and he was pissy. Like a little child, he was just waiting for the moment and then bluffed me out of hand that frankly I shouldn't have been in to begin with. But still he is a mean vicious player. Other than that it was perfect.

stoxtrader
07-09-2007, 09:11 PM
I played at this table and the action is a bit off. Jason alexander acted great and phil gordon would not let this hand go. They had been playing at each other and jason was floating to bluff later.

Jason pushed gordon out of a few pots earlier and quietly mucked, so unlcear whether a bluff or not. gordon ran a big bluff later and proudly showed the table - yuck.

Bond18
07-09-2007, 09:40 PM
THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE SUMMER OF GEORGE!!!

BTW Gordon is a total whiny bitch which i have experienced first hand, so go Costanza.

hiho
07-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Would be funny if when Gordan said he had the nuts if he asked him "But are you master of your domain?"

costanza_g
07-09-2007, 09:45 PM

TyFuji
07-09-2007, 09:52 PM
<3 seinfeld

Reko Savinen
07-09-2007, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

BTW Gordon is a total whiny bitch which i have experienced first hand, so go Costanza.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded. Probably one of my least favorite players because of all the whining and bitching and holier than thou attitude he has when playing.

Cornell Fiji
07-09-2007, 10:48 PM
"I have pocket fives and yada yada yada I doubled up and Phil Gordon acted like a two year old girl throwing a tantrum"

CO - stan - za

TexML
07-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Alexander should have told Gordon, "Well, the jerk store called and they're running out of you."

T_Mac
07-09-2007, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahaha

Valsuvious
07-09-2007, 11:27 PM
good stuff

skoldpadda
07-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Gordon suffered major shrinkage that hand.

harper983
07-10-2007, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://hitlesswanderings.mlblogs.com/photos/uncategorized/the_summer_of_george006.jpg

Degenerasian
07-10-2007, 01:27 AM
http://scienceblogs.com/evolgen/upload/2006/08/george_costanza.jpg

I WAS IN THE POOL!!!

Municipal Hare
07-10-2007, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://cedarbrae.net/cbr/george_fives.jpg

I WAS IN THE POOL!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerpun
07-10-2007, 08:41 AM
He thought about folding 55 so he did the opposite.

Uppercut
07-10-2007, 09:00 AM
If Gordon later apologizes, George can tell him to stuff his sorries in a sack.

chicken10der
07-10-2007, 10:23 AM
phil gordon was angry that day, my friends, like an old man trying to send soup back in a deli

TxSteve
07-10-2007, 10:27 AM
and after that flop; i WAS a professional poker player

lairnair
07-10-2007, 10:30 AM
i heard Alexander is changing his outgoing voicemail message to:

"Believe it or not, George rivered a boat..."

chicken10der
07-10-2007, 10:36 AM
phil gordon's angrrrryyyyy at the beat
i must suck out, or i would be busto
just like iveyyy
believe it or not, that's prestooo

johnnyrocket
07-10-2007, 10:37 AM
amazing thread, 2+2 seems to cater perfectly to all my favorite shows whenever i am in the mood.

Jazzy3113
07-10-2007, 10:41 AM
when i saw jason alexander writing a "pro" blog i was like wouldnt it be funny if it was the guy who played george, then i looked closer at his pic and thought maybe it is him, and then i saw this thread.
my favorite character of all time is now a crappy poker player, sweet

TxSteve
07-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Gordon was probably primarily pissed that he mentored George on celebrity poker showdown.

that relationship has become the greatest mentor relationship since Jerry and Banya

-What's the deal with ovaltine? The bottle is round....

That's Gold Jerry!

SonofDjugashvili
07-10-2007, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
when i saw jason alexander writing a "pro" blog i was like wouldnt it be funny if it was the guy who played george, then i looked closer at his pic and thought maybe it is him, and then i saw this thread.
my favorite character of all time is now a crappy poker player, sweet

[/ QUOTE ]

This is indeed fantastic. I haven't looked at the updates, but Costanza for the ME event championship. Please.

pacino
07-10-2007, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So my day was brutal, but not in the sense that you might think. I ended the day with $45,000 or so, up from what I started of course, which is always good. But 16 hours of poker is so brutal. Why anyone would ever want to spend their day doing this is beyond me.

Apparently, day two will go much quicker. So I'm looking forward to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Degenerasian
07-10-2007, 07:01 PM
He should have told Phil: "Your chips....ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY!!!"

RobTheDuck
07-10-2007, 07:54 PM
or... "Maybe the dingo ate your chipstack!"

Degenerasian
07-10-2007, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or... "Maybe the dingo ate your chipstack!"

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh...not a costanza quote sir lol

Fermion5
07-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Phil Gordon is a donkey, not that there's anything wrong with that.

nsj
07-10-2007, 09:24 PM
"Well, Mr. Gordon, the jerk store called and they're running out of you!"

DonovanMD
07-10-2007, 09:27 PM
This thread is [censored] hilarious!

ardubz
07-10-2007, 09:40 PM
If he gets knocked out by Phil: "Oh ya Gordon? Well I had sex with your wife!"

Also, I'm wearing this shirt right now:

http://www.1ofakindstuff.com/products/vand.jpg

teddyFBI
07-11-2007, 01:45 AM
"Nobody owns Phil Gordon like me. Nobody. I'm doing things at this table, you have no idea they're going on."

MikeMcQ1
07-11-2007, 01:51 AM
Thread of teh Year!

pokulator
07-11-2007, 01:55 AM
Jason Alexander was at a table with Greg Raymer in a poker stars media event and one hand Alexander didn't put in enough for his big blind.

Raymer said, "Hey you're short. I don't mean short, but short some of your big blind."

Alexander apologized and threw some more chips into the pot.

Raymer then told him, "I'd rather be short than fat anyways."

Costanza laughed, stood up, and took off his hat before saying, "Well I've got the trifecta. I'm short, fat, and BALD!"

Then when he was knocked out a little while later he stood up from the table and shouted, "I'm going to a strip club!"

Degenerasian
07-11-2007, 02:01 AM
George flat out owns at life. Sucks for him that everyone will most likely be calling him "George" instead of Jason.

hhughes
07-11-2007, 02:06 AM
I concur:

http://www.siyumhaseinfeld.com/images/chars/bania2.jpg

This thread is gold Jerry, GOLD!!!

Plus I need to start looking 4 another avatar...the one with PG has gotta go with all the unfavorable things I've been reading about him here... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

chicken10der
07-11-2007, 02:35 AM
as a peace offering, jason alexander made a donation in phil gordon's name to the human fund.

ApeAttack
07-11-2007, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i heard Alexander is changing his outgoing voicemail message to:

"Believe it or not, George rivered a boat..."

[/ QUOTE ]

lol'd at this one.

To complete the message:
... please send all your chippppps to me.

lairnair
07-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Gordon should have given him an atomic wedgie while shouting "Can't-stand-ya!"

dzh90
07-11-2007, 11:44 AM
har har

sixsixtie
07-11-2007, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as a peace offering, jason alexander made a donation in phil gordon's name to the human fund.

[/ QUOTE ]
gold

Bdidd
07-11-2007, 12:29 PM
If I was there I would have been like "T Bone" when he rivered the boat.

skoldpadda
07-11-2007, 12:31 PM
To smooth things over, Alexander told Gordon he was going to do a mass mailing to all his fans telling him what a great guy Phil is... if Gordon would just be so kind to lick and seal all the envelopes for mailing.

dozer
07-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Seven.

TehVader
07-11-2007, 12:57 PM
How awesome would it be if George FTed this?

CrazyEyez
07-11-2007, 01:33 PM
When asked how he managed to build such a chip stake, Alexander explained, "It was the perfect combination of Mountain Dew and mozzarella...just the right amount of grease on the cards..."

TexML
07-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Alexander should tell the whole table "The Astonishing Tales of Costanza". He would have everyone crying and dumping chips to him.

A bit off topic, but I think my favorite Costanza quote is when he's looking for a parking space and says, "Parking is like sex. Why should I pay for it, when if I apply myself, I can get it for free?"

Yads
07-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Did you just double dip those chips.

Mano
07-11-2007, 04:47 PM
From PokerNews.com:

[ QUOTE ]
Jason Alexander Doubles Up With Set Over Set
A player in middle position raises to 3,000, another player calls, and Jason Alexander calls from the button. The flop comes K /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, it's checked to Alexander who bets 15,000, the original raiser moves all in, the third player folds, and Alexander calls all in for 39,100.

His opponent shows J /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif for a set of jacks, but Alexander shows K /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for a higher set of kings. His opponent has just one out, but misses as the last two cards come 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Jason Alexander wins the pot, doubling up to 99,400 in chips.

This hand was brought to you free from bad Seinfeld-related jokes; consider it Alexander's free pass this early in the day. Stay tuned for George Costanza references throughout the rest of our coverage.

[/ QUOTE ]

skitzo444
07-11-2007, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He thought about folding 55 so he did the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lol'd even though I shouldn't have

sketchy1
07-11-2007, 05:15 PM
$100 to anyone who says "can't-stand-ya" and gets it on video at the table with jason alexander.

Dr. Spaceman
07-11-2007, 05:20 PM
GEORGE: I like poker; maybe I can be a professional poker player.

JERRY: Well, they tend to give those jobs to people that are, you know, in poker.

GEORGE: Well, that's really not fair.

Art Vandelay
07-11-2007, 05:33 PM
THESE PRETZELS ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY!!!!!!!!!!!

Equal
07-11-2007, 05:37 PM
This thread rules. Please God, you shone down on Jamie Gold last year, please please please let George Costanza win the Main Event this year.

P.S. More of that set-over-set stuff will suffice.

Russ M.
07-11-2007, 05:41 PM
This thread delivers.

Phil G: There are too many Phil's in the poker world. So from now on, everyone, my nickname will be-

Jason A: Koko the Monkey!

Ace-Ex
07-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Sometimes I get down on my knees and thank God that I have access to 2+2's dementia.

Cornell Fiji
07-11-2007, 06:03 PM
(i looked this one up for the wording and realize it fits in without changing anything)

Phil: It has come to my attention that you floated the turn with pocket fives.

George: Was that wrong? Should I not have done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing, because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing is frowned upon... you know, cause I've played in a lot of tournaments, and I tell you, people do that all the time.

HotPockets
07-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Who told you to float the turn? Did I tell you to float the turn?

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/Seinfeld/jackie.jpg

Mano
07-11-2007, 06:36 PM
From Pokernews.com:

Jason Alexander Experiences Shrinkage
With the board showing Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the turn, Jason Alexander checks form the big blind, his opponent in late position bets 16,000 from late position, and Alexander calls. The river card is the 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, Alexander checks, his opponent asks how much Alexander has left (about 32,000-34,000), and moves all in. Alexander thinks a bit before he folds, and his opponent tells him it was a good fold (but doesn't show cards to prove it).

Alexander's chip stack shrinks down to 32,800 as he screams, "I was in the pool! I was in the pool!"

Mano
07-11-2007, 06:41 PM
From Pokernews.com

But This Was Supposed To Be "The Summer Of George!"
A player limps from middle position for 1,200, Jason Alexander moves all in from late position for 28,800, and his opponent calls with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Alexander shows K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, and he'll need to improve to stay alive.

The board comes T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, and Alexander loses with a lower kicker on the double-paired board. Jason Alexander, famously known for playing George Costanza on "Seinfeld," has been eliminated from the Main Event.

ESPN caught him walking away from the table, and he gave them a brief walking interview on his way out. He went a respectable distance in this tournament, and we applaud his efforts.

Once he reached the doors leading out of the Amazon Room, he turned to face the remaining players and screamed at the top of his lungs, "This was supposed to be the Summer of George!"

Okay, that last part may not have actually happened. But that's how I'll always think of it.

Jooka
07-11-2007, 06:43 PM
damn, I was hoping he would make it pretty deep. thread is gold.

notfoold
07-11-2007, 07:07 PM
The bad seed, the bad friend, the bad employee, the bad fiance, the bad tipper, the bad post flop player

Cornell Fiji
07-11-2007, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From Pokernews.com

But This Was Supposed To Be "The Summer Of George!"
A player limps from middle position for 1,200, Jason Alexander moves all in from late position for 28,800, and his opponent calls with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Alexander shows K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, and he'll need to improve to stay alive.

The board comes T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, and Alexander loses with a lower kicker on the double-paired board. Jason Alexander, famously known for playing George Costanza on "Seinfeld," has been eliminated from the Main Event.

ESPN caught him walking away from the table, and he gave them a brief walking interview on his way out. He went a respectable distance in this tournament, and we applaud his efforts.

Once he reached the doors leading out of the Amazon Room, he turned to face the remaining players and screamed at the top of his lungs, "This was supposed to be the Summer of George!"

Okay, that last part may not have actually happened. But that's how I'll always think of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I'm out of the contest"

zerocarb
07-11-2007, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"I'm out of the contest"

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat me to it. /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Degenerasian
07-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Good to see that he's actually having fun with being known as "George". I would think that this would irritate most celebs.

aislephive
07-11-2007, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rofl, awesomeness.

PoppaTMan
07-11-2007, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rofl, awesomeness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this got a rare "lol" at out of me. Coworker asked "Are you alright?"