PDA

View Full Version : Hellmuth's results from day 1B?

Aceshigh7
07-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Sorry if it's been posted somewhere. According to Phil's website he was playing on saturday in day 1B. I haven't seen him referenced on any of the chip counts or updates. Does anyone know if he did indeed play and if he got knocked out or if he's still in? Thanks.

vassk1
07-08-2007, 04:29 PM
He is playing today although he hasn't shown up yet

Jourdain
07-08-2007, 04:29 PM
I don't think he has played so far, no references during day 1a and 1b.

They highlighted the champions so far like McEvoy, Brunson, Chan, Johnston etc. So Phil still has to play.

vassk1
07-08-2007, 04:34 PM
http://www.thehendonmob.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16045

I may be wrong since I didn't see him on this list. Maybe playing tomorrow

Aceshigh7
07-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks guys. I guess he changed his original starting day or his website was just wrong. I'm hoping to see him go far in the main event.

mastr
07-08-2007, 04:43 PM
why? he has enough money and bracelets. i bet you root for the yankees and team russia in 1980's hockey too

Aceshigh7
07-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Yea. Everyone knows that us Astros fans just love the Yankees.

I root for Hellmuth because for the last several years Hellmuth bashing has become quite popular, and it's fun to watch him silence the critics.

Besides, poker needs stars. Hellmuth is entertaining and his continued success is great for the game.

I guess you'd rather see a final table of anonymous nobodies simply because they need the bracelets and the money more?

m_reed05
07-08-2007, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea. Everyone knows that us Astros fans just love the Yankees.

I root for Hellmuth because for the last several years Hellmuth bashing has become quite popular, and it's fun to watch him silence the critics.

Besides, poker needs stars. Hellmuth is entertaining and his continued success is great for the game.

I guess you'd rather see a final table of anonymous nobodies simply because they need the bracelets and the money more?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I can agree here. See earlier Poker After Dark explosion for reference. Him screaming in the background "See I called her [censored] cards" is one of the funniest tv poker moments I've ever seen.

tme03
07-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Says in his blog that he has changed his starting day from Saturday to Monday.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/blogs/article/1528

Bonified
07-08-2007, 06:51 PM
I was told that once you registered you couldn't change your day. Guess I'm not Phil Hellmuth. Never mind, I'm used to this by now.

Anyway, it could be that Phil has realised that Monday is likely to be almost a pro-free zone, and so he will have all the attention to himself. I can't think of any other "names" who haven't played yet. Anyone ? With the exception of Brandi, who maybe needed an extra night to raise the buyin ;-)

gobbomom
07-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Rizen (Eric Lynch) is playing Monday.

edit: pretty sure Gus hasn't played yet. Neither has DN.

Bonified
07-08-2007, 07:13 PM
I was bored so I checked this up, and it looks like I didn't think very hard before. Negreanu is definitely playing 1D. I can't find any mention of Gold, Lindgren, Deeb, Humberto, Benyamine, Sheiky or Matusow in the three days to date.

Perhaps they all thought they'd have day 1D to themselves :-)

vassk1
07-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Humberto and Matusow are playing now

pismeyer
07-08-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm with yah man, I'm a fan too. I hope he does well.

P /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ACG2x
07-08-2007, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Humberto and Matusow are playing now

[/ QUOTE ]

Has the bounty on his shark been collected yet? I would assume if someone actually grabbed it from him, PokerNews would report it.

Crane
07-08-2007, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In what way?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. Besides, how is it you're a nobody if you make the final table of a WSOP event?

I guarantee you a lot of these so-called "nobodys" are a lot more interesting to watch than cry-baby Hellmutt.

It's poker--not Entertainment Tonight. But that's how ESPN market's the game. They want it to be the reincarnation of the World Wrestling Federation.

Sometimes I don't think anybody gets it.

Jeremy517
07-08-2007, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Says in his blog that he has changed his starting day from Saturday to Monday.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/blogs/article/1528

[/ QUOTE ]

It is possible that he just hadn't paid his way in yet, and thus hadn't officially committed to Saturday yet.

kerze
07-08-2007, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was bored so I checked this up, and it looks like I didn't think very hard before. Negreanu is definitely playing 1D. I can't find any mention of Gold, Lindgren, Deeb, Humberto, Benyamine, Sheiky or Matusow in the three days to date.

Perhaps they all thought they'd have day 1D to themselves :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Has Prahlad played yet?

Azizal
07-09-2007, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In what way?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. Besides, how is it you're a nobody if you make the final table of a WSOP event?

I guarantee you a lot of these so-called "nobodys" are a lot more interesting to watch than cry-baby Hellmutt.

It's poker--not Entertainment Tonight. But that's how ESPN market's the game. They want it to be the reincarnation of the World Wrestling Federation.

Sometimes I don't think anybody gets it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might not get it either. Hellmuth is a poker icon who attracts new players to the game and encourages novices to play more. New people are bad at poker. I'd say that makes him very very good for poker.

ESPN's relentless broadcasting of poker is causing money to flow into the poker economy. I don't agree that they want it to be like WWF.. what do you mean?

Crane
07-09-2007, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ESPN's relentless broadcasting of poker is causing money to flow into the poker economy. I don't agree that they want it to be like WWF.. what do you mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

It already is the WWF. Look at the idiot announcers they have. Norman Chad trying to tell insulting jokes that make you want to cringe. This guy isn't a wit, like Gabe Kaplan--who has also played the game at very high levels--he's a twit with a twit for a partner.

The nuts. Rock, Paper, scissors. Stupid profiles, and anything but poker. Hype, hype and more hype and everything's a joke.

They want controversy. They want bad behavior. They want villains and heroes.

It's a horrible broadcast. Completely unwatchable in my opinion. They wanted to turn poker telecasts into the WWF, and they succeeded.

They focus on Umberto's shark and Hellmutts hissy-fits. These people are just purposely hamming it up for the cameras.

They're trying to turn it into a personality game instead of a poker game.

High Stakes Poker does it right--and they're the only ones.