PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Vinny Vinh and the Magician?

idrinkcoors
07-08-2007, 02:49 AM
Pokernews reported that Vinny Vinh didn't show for Day 1A, and tournament officials decided to bag his chips and allow him to play another day. Is this special treatment? or can anyone just not show up on day 1a get another starting date?

Also, they posted that Antonio didn't show up either. There has been no follow up on this as far as I can tell, so does anyone know what the story is? Thanks.

Reko Savinen
07-08-2007, 03:13 AM
Vinh was in the hospital, I believe, so these extenuating circumstances are a pretty good excuse.

Not sure what happened with Esfandiari.

robracing
07-08-2007, 03:16 AM
Knowing the problems that Vinny has been having throughout this Series, why would he even ante up the $10k?

What were the chances of him being able to show up in decent shape for the 3 or 4 consecutive days that it would have taken to even make the money?

Bavid Denyamine
07-08-2007, 03:19 AM
does antonio even play anymore? he and phil seem pretty busy with "i bet you" and i haven't heard him at any wpt's recently, wouldn't be too odd if he just stopped playing a lot if he's cash comfy

robracing
07-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Antonio has two minor cashes in the Series this year, most recently on June 21st.

Cornell Fiji
07-08-2007, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Knowing the problems that Vinny has been having throughout this Series, why would he even ante up the $10k?

What were the chances of him being able to show up in decent shape for the 3 or 4 consecutive days that it would have taken to even make the money?

[/ QUOTE ]

preregistered.

idrinkcoors
07-08-2007, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
does antonio even play anymore? he and phil seem pretty busy with "i bet you" and i haven't heard him at any wpt's recently, wouldn't be too odd if he just stopped playing a lot if he's cash comfy

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Pokernews.com said he was registered but may have gotten his starting dates wrong. Very funny if true.

shaniac
07-08-2007, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's probably up for the Seriez.

Rabbitsmustdie
07-08-2007, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's probably up for the Seriez.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you deduct the Drug expenses.

*TT*
07-08-2007, 05:57 AM
I see Antonio every day. In fact I cant turn around without running into this guy. He is at the series, getting paid for endorsements and appearances.

killsadie
07-08-2007, 10:18 AM
i really hope vv wins the main event.

Equal
07-08-2007, 10:18 AM
I saw Antonio signing autographs at a booth in the Gaming Expo area on Day 1a, then went up to my hotel room and saw a post on pokernews saying his stack was getting blinded off lol.

MrFizzbin
07-08-2007, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope VV makes it to the final table then blows it off to go where ever he goes......

Phaedrus11
07-08-2007, 11:31 AM
I was playing at the V with his brother on the 6th. Antonio has spent most of the week playin a 100-200 NLHE in the back room with his bff and the tiller. The night before the ME Antonio looked pretty wasted and had obv been out hittin it. Oh, and a little NVG bit, his brother got an opened handed slap from this crazy player wearing all UFC garb after he went busto. Antonio’s brother just sat there with a scared look. UFC dude just walked out the front door. I the /images/graemlins/heart.gif the V

The B
07-08-2007, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why?? this would be terrible for the game

Olof
07-08-2007, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you a drug dealer?

The Camel
07-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Pokernews is reporting that Esfandiari is playing today?

WTF? they let him rebuy?????