PDA

View Full Version : PARTY STORE IS HERE!!!!!!!!

mj12
02-23-2006, 02:39 PM
ive waited my whole life for this!!!!
and the store is sick!!
points are definitely worth a bit more then 0.2-.3 cents

RiverFenix
02-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Time to clear it out, better not be a joke

mj12
02-23-2006, 02:44 PM
no joke, thankfully
there seem to be a few good deals on there, but unfortunately books on poker as well

Keys Myaths
02-23-2006, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no joke, thankfully
there seem to be a few good deals on there, but unfortunately books on poker as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think the average internet "loser" wants to spend the hours it takes to slowly, slowly get better?

I'm doubting that. I'd rather them get the books. Then, when they skim two chapters, they'll bet even more because they think they're so much better.

IronDragon1
02-23-2006, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but unfortunately books on poker as well

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored] there are poker books at the local Barnes and Noble

Time to take a gas can to those bitches

Gildwulf
02-23-2006, 03:25 PM
On a sidenote, twoplustwo is dominating the booklist...looks like Christmas came early for Sklansky and co.

snowbank
02-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Expensive much!?!?? PokerStars I would assume takes 1/2 as much time if not less to get the same stuff. Definitely glad the store is here, but looks like even the stuff they had before like beanie has doubled in price(points)

32 inch monitor for 500,000!?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

LB_001
02-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Party's been my main site for around a year and 1 pair of sunglasses would wipe out the majority of my points...

Gildwulf
02-23-2006, 03:48 PM
I think it's geared towards high limit high volume players and the points/cent for stuff like the ipods is actually pretty good (a little <.4 cents per point)

LB_001
02-23-2006, 03:59 PM
I usually play 10/20nl but now that I look at it apparently I get the same points as someone playing .50/1 limit. 4pts=20 raked hands.. 250,000 raked hands for 50,000 points at least not counting the other bonuses they have.

snowbank
02-23-2006, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party's been my main site for around a year and 1 pair of sunglasses would wipe out the majority of my points...

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, ya. They really don't like NL Players for some reason. I have played 70,000+ hands so far this month and could get some sunglasses, but not much else.

UATrewqaz
02-23-2006, 04:12 PM
NL players bust fish faster, creating less rake for Party.

Mr. Fishy McGee deposits $200 they want him to spend most of it on rake, not lose it all in 3 hands to a NL shark.

Thus all the promotions are geared for limit grinders.

Gildwulf
02-23-2006, 04:37 PM
LOL at partyresponse:

Me-

hi,

I was wondering if you were offering the ipod nano 4g and, if so, how many
party points it would be.

Party-

Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting the Customer Care Team.

On the site we have APPLE IPOD NANO- 2GB for 50,000 party points and also APPLE IPOD VIDEO 60GB for 100,000 party points. Please log into the my account section of the website for more information.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Please let us know if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email or telephone.

Kind Regards,

Catriona Byrne
Poker Customer Care

threeonefour
02-23-2006, 05:01 PM
whats funny about that response?

Gildwulf
02-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Read closely

AncientPC
02-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Cover price of TOP is $29.95 and goes for 6k Party Points which makes them worth $0.0049 each.

ghcnoob
02-23-2006, 05:50 PM
I don't get it either and I read closely...what is funny? Not a bad store, btw...

POKhER
02-23-2006, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL at partyresponse:

Me-

hi,

I was wondering if you were offering the ipod nano 4g and, if so, how many
party points it would be.

Party-

Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting the Customer Care Team.

On the site we have APPLE IPOD NANO- 2GB for 50,000 party points and also APPLE IPOD VIDEO 60GB for 100,000 party points. Please log into the my account section of the website for more information.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Please let us know if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email or telephone.

Kind Regards,

Catriona Byrne
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

the bold bit?

Store looks ok, i guess i better get cashing in and out LOADS. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pyedog
02-23-2006, 06:29 PM
I think maybe it's because he asked if they have a 4GB nano but only got responses about the 2GB and 60GB nano. But compared to the typical responses from Party support this seems like a pretty slight oversight and not particularly hilarious.

squeek12
02-23-2006, 07:21 PM
I had about 12K points on an old account. bought myself a dozen Callaway HX tour golf balls. my new account won't be accumulating points for a while due to the accler8er bonus. It's pretty obvious this was their plan all along.

Ryan Z
02-23-2006, 07:51 PM
What ever happened to good ole towels and hats?

Those were the days.

threeonefour
02-23-2006, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think maybe it's because he asked if they have a 4GB nano but only got responses about the 2GB and 60GB nano. But compared to the typical responses from Party support this seems like a pretty slight oversight and not particularly hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]
i saw that... but if you didn't offer a 4gb nano what would you answer? "no. move along, party poker" wouldn't you just inform the customer what other options he does have?

richerF1
02-24-2006, 05:10 AM
I think I'll save up for the omega, what's the market value of it?

azaycriz
03-01-2006, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ive waited my whole life for this!!!!
and the store is sick!!
points are definitely worth a bit more then 0.2-.3 cents

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand. How is it possible to make my points worth anywhere near this much?

miajag
03-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Has anyone received their orders from the new store yet? If so, how long did it take?

SoCalRugger
03-01-2006, 07:25 PM
I made my first order yesterday, so I don't know. But I am curious if anyone got an e-mail confirmation once they ordered something. I haven't received anything...

Lifthanger
03-01-2006, 07:57 PM
didn't receive a confirmation, too.
Was the same before..

Thythe
03-01-2006, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition, I'd say they are basically saying "no, we don't have that, here are some other similar items"

thing85
03-01-2006, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, had no idea they made 60GB nanos.

Michaelson
03-02-2006, 07:15 AM
Party Poker says:[ QUOTE ]
Dear Michael,

Thank you for contacting us.

There are not currently any email confirmations being sent out. I am not sure if they are planning on adding this feature in the future but I will pass this on to the management team as the feedback is very important.

Delivery on this item is up to 6 weeks. If you have not received your i-pod after this time, please contact us again and we will be able to issue you with a tracking number. There is a record of your purchase now on account.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Rachel
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

MicroBob
03-02-2006, 07:42 AM
It should be obvious to anyone with half a brain that e-mail confirmations would be a good idea.

Last year I registered for the PPM cruise and got no confirmation.
Finally after about 5 e-mails to different addresses just wondering if it went through okay I was able to get somebody to respond.

This year their PPM registration process has improved.

Stars WSOP - I win and it immediately tells me what i need to do to register and directs me to their FAQ's for Stars WSOP sat winners.
Right after that I got the e-mail confirmation....with more info on what to do when I get there. etc etc.

It's just not that hard to figure out what you should be doing for the customers.

"E-mail confirmation that we really are going to send you your item?? Golly, we never thought of that."

SoftcoreRevolt
03-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Dear MicroBob-

Kindly know that Party Poker treats its players with respect and dignity. While some sites may feel they have to walk their players through every little thing, we at Party know you are all adults who can make life's everyday choices with ease, and fun here at Party Poker. We feel email notifications would demean our players, and burden our state of the art customer care division.

Kind Regards,
Samud Bahtma