PDA

View Full Version : wow people in the main event play bad

wins_pot
07-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I never stake or lend as policy, but if any 2p2's are selling pieces, hit me up on PM. Can't promise a timely response, but I'd love to have a bit more action in this tourney. -BA

wins_pot
07-07-2007, 03:33 PM
what's the worst day1s saw or heard about? abe mossieri had a guy move all-in on him with AJ on a 89TJ board at 50-100. -ba

ImsaKidd
07-07-2007, 03:33 PM
People in live donkaments with lots of satellites play bad? OMG!

Timex has probaby steaked everyone anyway.

ImsaKidd
07-07-2007, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what's the worst day1s saw or heard about? abe mossieri had a guy move all-in on him with AJ on a 89TJ board at 50-100. -ba

[/ QUOTE ]

Lady beting 1k/calling 3k more with JT on like a K679K board.

Tonding
07-07-2007, 03:36 PM
At my table a guy checked the nuts behind once and just called a raise with the ace high flush oncewhen only 5c7c could make a hands that beats him.

Boosted J
07-07-2007, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that update...it was Janet Jones...Wayne Gretsky's wife, called a river raise with JT high on a coordinated board lol

EWS87
07-07-2007, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that update...it was Janet Jones...Wayne Gretsky's wife, called a river raise with JT high on a coordinated board lol

[/ QUOTE ]
sounds like 100% risk free call to me

demon102
07-07-2007, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol it took me a sec then I loled, nice one

aceskay
07-07-2007, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol it took me a sec then I loled, nice one

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a chance she mis-read the board and thought it was K879K?

Just seems like a reasonable possibility.

miami32
07-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Okay seriously, this is not news,views, or gossip. Plz get out of this forum. k, thx.

ImsaKidd
07-07-2007, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

looooooool

Under dog
07-07-2007, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never stake or lend as policy, but if any 2p2's are selling pieces, hit me up on PM. Can't promise a timely response, but I'd love to have a bit more action in this tourney. -BA

[/ QUOTE ]

you bluff too much

Berky
07-07-2007, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

aggrssive call obv.

KSOT
07-07-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm willing to sell 100% of myself.

Double Eagle
07-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Brandon,

What's up with your blog (http://www.alwaysbluff.com/blog/) entry about the 2006 ME? I played with you till you busted sometime in level 2. None of the stuff you wrote about actually happened (ok maybe the hand you bluffed off your chips with was Qd9d, but it certainly wasn't the second hand of the tournament.)

As one who wondered who was telling the truth during the Prahlad flame wars, I've now got a better idea who was.

bozzer
07-07-2007, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay seriously, this is not news,views, or gossip. Plz get out of this forum. k, thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like a view to me

PartyGirlUK
07-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Brandon I might be interested - you wanna buy 100% and give me x% of the winnings? I have some other people interested in this, would be up for it if the offer was good enough.

_Gabe_
07-07-2007, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We'd rather have Brandon Adams here than you.

Prevaricator
07-07-2007, 05:59 PM
the wierdest hand at my table yesterday:

guy limps UTG, old guy limps, sb completes ,bb checks.

Kx 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
check check, bet 600, call, fold fold.

utg and old guy hu to the turn (1400)

J /images/graemlins/heart.gif. utg checks, old guy bets 1k, utg thinks and checkraises to 3500, old guy wastes no time and says raise and throws a 5k chip in to make it 6k, utg calls pretty fast.

River T /images/graemlins/heart.gif. utg checks, old guy checks behind

utg shows 98 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for a straight flush, old guy shows A5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and mucks.

MaxRaises
07-07-2007, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

J /images/graemlins/heart.gif. utg checks, old guy bets 1k, utg thinks and checkraises to 3500, old guy wastes no time and says raise and throws a 5k chip in to make it 6k, utg calls pretty fast.

utg shows 98 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for a straight flush, old guy shows A5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and mucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF

Stake Monster
07-07-2007, 06:08 PM
I can't imagine just how many donks there can be in a 6k+ players tournament.. especially live.

hra146
07-07-2007, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine just how many donks there can be in a 6k+ players tournament.. especially live.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I can.

steak me next year. 21 ftw

tailspin4540
07-07-2007, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF

[/ QUOTE ]

Old guy read his soul obv.

LuckyLloyd
07-07-2007, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unexploitable

JMX
07-07-2007, 06:44 PM
This is pretty pathetic (from pokernews.com):

The Second Bust Out of Day 1b

One player raises, and gets four callers. Five players see a flop of K-Q-4 with two spades. The original raiser bets 1,000, another player raises to 3,500, and the raiser calls. (The other three players fold.)

The turn card is the {9/images/graemlins/spade.gif}, putting three spades on the board. Unfortunately, we don't know how the action went on the turn.

The river card pairs the board with another Q, so the board is K-Q-4-9-Q with three spades. There's a lot of potential on that board.

On the river, both players get all their money in the pot. The original raiser excitedly says, "Top pair" and shows K-J offsuit. He has two pair, kings and queens, with a jack kicker. The other player says, "Full house," and shows 4-4 for fours full of queens.

The player with K-J missed being the first bustout by about a minute.

TeeJayOrTJ
07-07-2007, 06:55 PM
I will sell 70% of my action for 10K. Who is interested?

w_alloy
07-07-2007, 07:46 PM
I will buy a ticket to Vegas and play this event if someone wants to stake me 80% for 10k. This is kinda a long shot, but I am confident there is EV in any proven online MSNL+ winner who can play live in this thing. PM for details.

bnp
07-07-2007, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unexploitable

[/ QUOTE ]

let's see...6,7,8-9-10

OMG, tuff fish is playing in the ME.

s33w33d
07-07-2007, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unexploitable

[/ QUOTE ]

let's see...6,7,8-9-10

OMG, tuff fish is playing in the ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, 7-8-9-T-J /images/graemlins/smile.gif

6 card StrFl FTW

bnp
07-07-2007, 10:20 PM
I know, but tuff fish says 6,7,8,9,10 in the video. Had to quote him. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ACG2x
07-07-2007, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

One player raises, and gets four callers. Five players see a flop of K-Q-4 with two spades. The original raiser bets 1,000, another player raises to 3,500, and the raiser calls. (The other three players fold.)

The turn card is the {9/images/graemlins/spade.gif}, putting three spades on the board. Unfortunately, we don't know how the action went on the turn.

The river card pairs the board with another Q, so the board is K-Q-4-9-Q with three spades. There's a lot of potential on that board.

On the river, both players get all their money in the pot. The original raiser excitedly says, "Top pair" and shows K-J offsuit. He has two pair, kings and queens, with a jack kicker. The other player says, "Full house," and shows 4-4 for fours full of queens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard play obv. What's he gonna do? Fold TOP PAIR? Geez...

Think of it this way if nobody had Q-anything, K-K, 4-4, 9-9, J-10, any two spades, A-A, A-K and probably a few more I'm forgetting, he was way good. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

SmackeytheFrog
07-08-2007, 12:50 AM
STAKE people, STAKE. Not "steak." Or am I missing some inside 2+2 joke?

CardSharpCook
07-08-2007, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested. Who wants to lend me 10k to stake TJ?

kurosh
07-08-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm interested in selling 100% of myself for some %.

MrTimCaum
07-08-2007, 09:40 AM
best hand i saw today

300/600 level

utg open shoves for 14500 or so. he's been pretty tight and this is out of the ordinary for him.

folds to the bb who has 7500 behind who INSTACALLS with KQo

board comes KKxxx, dude with KQ looks at me (i'm on his immediate right) and says "i just had to make a stand, you know!?"

fisherfolk
07-08-2007, 10:33 AM
After the dinner break a woman with 40,000+ chips who I had as a major target called off in one hand $35,000 of those chips on a 55Kxx board. She had K9 and was obviously beat by a 5 but just kept calling. It hurt to watch because I wanted those chips!

TeeJayOrTJ
07-08-2007, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested. Who wants to lend me 10k to stake TJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a sweet deal. Someone should take him up on it.

ACG2x
07-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Pretty obvious who her teacher was. The only question here is if she went on an annoying coffehouse rant whilst trying to get action on the end.

8 hours 18 minutes ago | Posted by DrPauly

Jane Gold Busts a Player
Jane Gold, mother of 2006 WSOP Champion Jamie Gold, knocked out a player. She opened up for a 1,200 raise. Her opponent reraised to 12K. She called. The flop was K /images/graemlins/spade.gif-9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif-6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and both players checked. The turn was the Q /images/graemlins/club.gif. Her opponent bet 5K and she called. The river was the 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Her opponent bet 2K, she raised to 10K. He called for 3K total and was all in. Her opponent flipped over A /images/graemlins/spade.gif-Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif. She tabled 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif-10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for a set of tens. She won the pot and sent her opponent to the rail.

emil3000
07-09-2007, 06:55 AM
Betsizing is amazing.

burningyen
07-09-2007, 09:33 AM
If anyone wants to sell 1% of themself, PM me.

rsigley
07-09-2007, 10:44 AM
i play horrible, i busted on like the third hand of the 2nd day /images/graemlins/frown.gif

raise AJ mid position, button calls, flop KQ10 rainbow one heart

i bet, raised, i call, 6h on turn, i check, bet, i raise, all in, i call

river 7h

other guy Ah5h /images/graemlins/frown.gif

chicken10der
07-09-2007, 10:53 AM
laugh out loud donkey tournaments

willie
07-09-2007, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd say that is one of the more aggressive calls i've ever heard of.

did she really table the hand...that is insanity.

CincyLady
07-09-2007, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After the dinner break a woman with 40,000+ chips who I had as a major target called off in one hand $35,000 of those chips on a 55Kxx board. She had K9 and was obviously beat by a 5 but just kept calling. It hurt to watch because I wanted those chips!

[/ QUOTE ]

Question, why would you have HER as a major target, just because she was a woman?

I mean unless it was an limpfest prior to the flop, I wouldn't put anyone (IE: The blinds) on a 5 myself, so I'm guessing she felt her kings (top pair, and most likely good kicker) were good.

If you are saying that just because she's a woman, I'd LOVE to have YOU at MY table sometime, because I'd bust your azz for sure.

fisherfolk
07-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Not at all because she was a woman. For the first level I thought she was pretty solid. Then she became very predictable in her play, misread a few situations, and got most of her chips in hands she should not have been in or just got lucky in. I had a very good read on when she was strong or not.

More importantly, the player with the 5 was even more obvious in his play. Several times he had bet the flop got called then he slowed down indicating if he missed or kept going if he hit it. He also would fold to test re-raises if he missed and she had two chances to try that to feel him out.

There were others I had as targets as well, but she allways called if she had top pair pf and allways folded if she missed and the player to her left was a rock so it was easy to isolate her when she was small blind and 1/3 times she would fold to a 2bb bet on the flop.

Need more?

kyro
07-09-2007, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Question, why would you have HER as a major target, just because she was a woman?

I mean unless it was an limpfest prior to the flop, I wouldn't put anyone (IE: The blinds) on a 5 myself, so I'm guessing she felt her kings (top pair, and most likely good kicker) were good.

If you are saying that just because she's a woman, I'd LOVE to have YOU at MY table sometime, because I'd bust your azz for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be a fun date.

(I'm joking, calm down. I don't think you'd be a fun date at all.)

CrazyEyez
07-09-2007, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not at all because she was a woman. For the first level I thought she was pretty solid. Then she became very predictable in her play, misread a few situations, and got most of her chips in hands she should not have been in or just got lucky in. I had a very good read on when she was strong or not.

More importantly, the player with the 5 was even more obvious in his play. Several times he had bet the flop got called then he slowed down indicating if he missed or kept going if he hit it. He also would fold to test re-raises if he missed and she had two chances to try that to feel him out.

There were others I had as targets as well, but she allways called if she had top pair pf and allways folded if she missed and the player to her left was a rock so it was easy to isolate her when she was small blind and 1/3 times she would fold to a 2bb bet on the flop.

Need more?

[/ QUOTE ]
NOWned

Homer
07-09-2007, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you assume he had a target on because she's a woman? Is it because he's a man? I WOULD BUST YOU UP IF WE EVER MET AT THE TABLES.

suzzer99
07-09-2007, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this isn't a joke you're doing way more damage to cause than helping it.

pineapple888
07-09-2007, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was she hot?

Quadstriker
07-09-2007, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pathetic.

ICallHimGamblor
07-09-2007, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess... you're divorced, right?

kyro
07-09-2007, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess... you're divorced, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought 1: What an outlandish hypothesis to make.

Thought 2: yikes, he's probably right.

suzzer99
07-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Probably just that time of the month. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

HoosierAlum
07-10-2007, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy at my day 1 table was routinely open shoving UTG and in mp for 80k (with a few 60k stacks behind him) at the 200-400,300-600,400-800 level.

CincyLady
07-10-2007, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Need more?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's cool. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Had you mentioned that before, I wouldn't of read into it (your statements) as I had.

I had just come off of recently a table at binions where I had a few guys at the table who felt (and said so, loudly) that as a woman they felt I didn't deserve to be seated there, with guys. Thus, on my side, I guess I let it color my judgement when I was reading your story.

Luckyspikes
07-10-2007, 04:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holdem High Low is fun.

Assani Fisher
07-10-2007, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a ridiculous reach imo. Are you always this defensive about women? Replace "woman" with "man" in the above post....would you think that he was viewing her as a target only because he was a man or would you think that maybe it was due to his/her play previous to this hand?

nicesuitbond
07-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Is it true that women don't drive well?

Brooks54
07-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Poker is fun, for everyone....

JMX
07-10-2007, 05:36 PM
...except my opponents...

krainec
07-10-2007, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
best hand i saw today

300/600 level

utg open shoves for 14500 or so. he's been pretty tight and this is out of the ordinary for him.

board comes KKxxx, dude with KQ looks at me (i'm on his immediate right) and says "i just had to make a stand, you know!?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Was the BB Scott Lazar?

Black Aces 518
07-10-2007, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
best hand i saw today

300/600 level

board comes KKxxx, dude with KQ looks at me (i'm on his immediate right) and says " you wanna gamble, I'll give ya a gamble "

[/ QUOTE ]

Was the BB Scott Lazar?

[/ QUOTE ]

Todd Terry
07-10-2007, 06:15 PM
This hand definitely belongs in this thread:

Chris Overguard Likes Pocket Aces
A player from early position raised to 3,100. Chris Overguard re-raised to 8,100. A player behind him said, "Wow." He went into the tank before he moved all in for 114,000. The first player quickly folded. Overguard called with A-A. His opponent flipped over Q-Q. The board ran out J-4-2-7-7. Overguard's Aces held up and he increased his stack to 230K.

supair
07-10-2007, 06:20 PM
ha, just posted about how terrible this was in the main thread.

Well he was getting short, only had 65 bb's /images/graemlins/blush.gif\

Dunkman
07-10-2007, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ha, just posted about how terrible this was in the main thread.

Well he was getting short, only had 65 bb's /images/graemlins/blush.gif\

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 600/1200, he actually had 95 BBs...

Mano
07-10-2007, 06:42 PM
From PokerNews.com:

That's NOT In the TDA Handbook
At Table 55 the player in the 9 seat wanted the player in the 5 seat to rearrange his chip stacks.

Why?

Because his opponent's chips were bringing him bad luck.

We're not kidding.

He went so far as to ask the floor to rule on it, and was advised that, no, a player can't be ordered to re-arrange his stacks because they're bringing another player bad luck.