PDA

View Full Version : More Aggressive??

Steve09797
01-04-2006, 11:35 PM
I have no reads on anyone at the table, as this is only my second orbit. I feel like I can definitely call the flop, am i just wasting bets at the point of the turn and river. I feel like a raise some where in this hand should have happened. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Perseus
01-05-2006, 12:42 AM
bet the flop, go from there

Iniya
01-05-2006, 12:56 AM
When there is a bet and two calls, atleast one of them will probably have an A. You have no kicker and have only 3 outs. I would fold on the Flop.

hero
01-05-2006, 01:36 AM
these are the toughest hands for me personally- 5-way there's a decent chance somebodys got a better ace, but also its a draw heavy board, oesd and fd's to deal with. i'd bet the flop and fold to a raise but i dont like how the hand played out. We're calling down with either the best hand or way behind to our picked up gutshot (our kicker might be good)- the way it went looks like mp3 missed the fd and bb's going to show you a better ace. I think its close between a fold (recognizing the non-raised pot and reverse implied odds with all the draws/players) and a bet out fold to raise. Problem the bet out creates is that you're OOP and a medium ace that has you dom' is just gonna calldown.

TRD23
01-05-2006, 05:30 AM
OOP, multi way pot with a co-ordinated board and a weak made hand. Very, very easy fold, contributing ANYTHING to this pot is spewing.

Hyperd
01-05-2006, 05:48 AM
*Grunch*

I would have check-raised the turn or bet the turn to get BB to raise if I was confident he would do that. Lacking reads = check raise. A blank has fallen for the flushdraws and you have a straight draw. I would also bet the river.

Hyperd
01-05-2006, 05:50 AM
And after reading the other replies I see that folding the flop is the best move.

Nick Royale
01-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Bet the flop, if I check I would fold to a bet from EP.

Elevens
01-05-2006, 12:22 PM
This is way too passive. You have to bet out on the flop. I think the hand plays differently from there.

WalkAmongUs
01-05-2006, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

would you check-raise a bet from LP?

Nick Royale
01-05-2006, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

would you check-raise a bet from LP?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. But I prefer betting out.

WalkAmongUs
01-05-2006, 12:32 PM
say you bet and BB raises. All fold to you.

Do you call?

If you call, do you check/fold the turn barring any improvement?

Nick Royale
01-05-2006, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
say you bet and BB raises. All fold to you.

Do you call?

If you call, do you check/fold the turn barring any improvement?

[/ QUOTE ]
I fold right away. He could be on a draw since the board is pretty draw heavy, but by raising he's blowing a field of 3 players and he's not likely to do that with a draw. Plus I'm betting into 4 players so he has to expect I have a pretty good hand, he's not likely to win UI. Also, if he holds A7+ his kicker will almost always play so we can't call down hoping for a split if we would be behind. He's on a random hand sp he could be on 65 and in that case we'll have odds to draw, but the times he's on 65 will easily be compensated by the times he's on A6/A5/66/55. So yes I fold, unless this a player I know use to play his draws aggressive to the point of beeing stupid.