PDA

View Full Version : Does this hypothetical person deserve heaven?

BillNye
07-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Lets say that Im a really good person, almost never lie, never kill, Im nice to everybody I meet, donate to a charity (lets say a Cancer Charity), do community service, but Don't believe in God despite being given numerous opportunities to do so. I die and turns out God is for real, do you think God would let me into heaven? Do YOU think I would deserve to go to heaven? Ill post what I think in a bit.

Taraz
07-06-2007, 01:22 AM
You must have missed the post on this exact same question that's on the front page right now titled, "you're so vain - a song about god?".

Kram
07-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Isn't God supposed to be all loving?

BIG NIGE
07-06-2007, 04:13 AM
I bet you anything God likes men.

foal
07-06-2007, 05:34 AM
"deserve" does not really have any meaning to it outside a specific context and yes we can give our subjective opinions about what you deserve based on the context of our sense of morality, but if a god such as those described by the world's major monotheistic religions exists then the context for what you deserve would be defined the rules of god. others can disagree, but it is impossible to prove, because in an absolute sense no one deserves anything.

BillNye
07-06-2007, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You must have missed the post on this exact same question that's on the front page right now titled, "you're so vain - a song about god?".

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh, sorry I asked this question in the Ask a Christian question and was wondering what other people had to say.