PDA

View Full Version : ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 1C , Sunday, July 8 **

entertainme
07-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Well, I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad,
So I had one more for dessert.
Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes
And found my cleanest dirty shirt.
Then I washed my face and combed my hair
And stumbled down the stairs to meet the day.

On a Sunday morning sidewalk....

Tell us about your Sunday!

Warteen
07-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Going to church before playing is +EV.

eurythmech
07-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Sunday morning, praise the dawning
It's just a restless feeling by my side
Early dawning, Sunday morning
It's just the wasted years so close behind

Watch out, the world's behind you
There's always someone around you who will call
It's nothing at all

riverdance
07-05-2007, 01:56 PM
sunday, bloody, sunday

in

ipitythefool
07-05-2007, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

in

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicok7
07-05-2007, 03:31 PM
This day is the most popular so far in term of entries, thougths?

hammer33
07-05-2007, 04:07 PM
I just hope I don't party too hard saturday night..Cause that would be very ~EV for me...but I do get back into town Saturday so..

I think Im at table 26 so no hot air balloon for me

mucked4u
07-05-2007, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just hope I don't party too hard saturday night..Cause that would be very ~EV for me...but I do get back into town Saturday so..

I think Im at table 26 so no hot air balloon for me [/quot

Good luck in the donkament world championship

shaundeeb
07-05-2007, 07:23 PM
volcano then bust before first break and then win a sunday major.

entertainme
07-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Bump for WSOP Sunday awesomeness.

T_Mac
07-08-2007, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sunday, bloody, sunday

in

[/ QUOTE ]

smittymatt
07-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Table 60 seat 3

shaundeeb
07-08-2007, 01:32 AM
107 seat 9 finally breaking out the orange crush shirt.

It fits me even worse then before.

Temp Hutter
07-08-2007, 11:13 AM
table 14 seat 6

danieldddj
07-08-2007, 11:17 AM
does anyone know if the hendon mob forums posted a list of names and table assignments, if so can you copy and paste here, i can't acess that site from work

thanks

wpr101
07-08-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm playing in it today.

Admo
07-08-2007, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go get 'em, deeb.

ps. Laying $270k at 270-1 that deeb will not finish 27th.
PM if interested, you're definitely getting the best of it.

J.C. Gloves
07-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Here's a blanket GL to all the 2p2ers in the field today.

Best wishes to ya!

Dids
07-08-2007, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go get 'em, deeb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Specifically 27th, or 27th or better?

J.C. Gloves
07-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Lolz @ the rapper Nelly playing today.

Waiting for photographic proof of course.

Jack Bando
07-08-2007, 03:45 PM
GL 2+2!

Go Raymer!! And Ivey! And Thater(she seems cool)! And why not, go Jose Canseco!

Jack Bando
07-08-2007, 03:54 PM
< 1 min. | Posted by change100

Vanessa Rousso and the Perfect River Bet

Vanessa Rousso limped from UTG+1, the button raised to 350 and Rousso called. The flop was Jc 8c 2s. Rousso checked, the button bet 500, Rousso raised to 1,300 and the button called. The turn was the 5c. Rousso bet 1,800 and the button called. The river was the 2d. Rousso checked, and the button bet 2,500. Rousso took off her headphones, let out a sigh, and went into the tank for several minutes.

"That was a perfect bet" she said. "A perfect bet. You either have a flush or you have nothing."

After several more minutes of agonizing, Rousso finally declared "there's too much in the pot, I call." The button turned over and Rousso mucked.

"That was a perfect river bet. I don't think I call a dollar more" Rousso said with a sign. She has 14,500 remaining in her stack.

What an agressive call with...AJo?

Valsuvious
07-08-2007, 04:02 PM
First bustout of the day:

The First Bustout of Day 1b (should be c)
After a flop of A-5-4 with two spades, a player bets, Hamid Hakami raises, and the first player calls. The turn card is a 3, the first player checks, Hakami bets, and his opponent calls. The river card is a blank, the first player checks, Hakami moves all in, and his opponent calls with A-K for top pair. Hakami shows for the five-high straight and the busted flush draw to win the pot and bust the very first player on Day 1b at about 12:25 pm. After the hand, Hakami expressed some concern that his opponent might have a hand like pocket fives (for a set), but he went with it anyway.

Anyone else kinda laughing at him being afraid of the guy having a set on that board after the river?

Jack Bando
07-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I think they meant he was afraid on the flop.

Yo Adrians!
07-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Seriously, we're all following the updates on pokernews.com.

Don't repost a post from there unless you'd like to discuss it.

yteba
07-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Two Pair Good for J.C. Tran
The UTG player raised to 300, J.C. Tran called from the cutoff, the small blind raised to 900, UTG called and Tran called. The flop was . The small blind bet 1,500, the UTG player folded, Tran raised to 3,500 and the small blind called. The turn was the and both players checked. The river was the . The small blind checked, Tran bet 4,000 and the small blind called. The small blind showed for top pair, top kicked, but Tran had the winner with for two pair.

danieldddj
07-08-2007, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

some of us are at work and cant access pokernews, stop trying to police this topic and let them posts updates.

thanks for the updates.

Exitonly
07-08-2007, 04:31 PM
if theres interesting updates, i'd like to see them reposted, i dont get a chance to read all of the ones of fthe pokerupdates page

NicksDad1970
07-08-2007, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people can't access those sites because they're at work.

simonpoker
07-08-2007, 04:34 PM
This Isn't a Training Seminar

The WSOP offered a boot camp this year, where some top pros would train you in the intricacies of tournament poker. Apparently, some people got confused about which was the boot camp and which was the Main Event.

They needed some introductory lessons at Table 118. On the turn with a 10-high board, the player in seat 4 bet out, and the player in seat 8 called. That's pretty standard action for the turn, except for one thing -- the player in seat 4 then turned over his hand, showing pocket kings.

Everyone stared in shock, wondering why he did that. When asked, he said, "Because he called my bet."

Because there was no malice (just ignorance), the hand continued, and the river card paired the ten. Up against a good player, capable of making a laydown, this would be a great opportunity to bluff. If you had top pair on the flop, you just made trips on the river. But against this guy, on this day, the other player just chuckled and mucked his cards.

The guy with pocket kings might not fully understand the rules, but he won the pot.

simonpoker
07-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Phil Laak Eliminated
Phil "The Unabomber" Laak went busto when he was eliminated by Jerome Bradpiece. The board ran out A-K-5-K-x and Bradpiece won the pot with A-K. Phil Laak mucked his hand as he headed to the rail

J.C. Gloves
07-08-2007, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Confirmation achieved:
http://www.pokernews.com/files_en/reporting/gallery/469143d71ccfb.jpg

TheTactician
07-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Hi. Apologies in advance, as this has probably been asked over and over, but when will ESPN be televising the ME? I can't find any clear schedule.

simonpoker
07-08-2007, 04:50 PM
its a trend since irv gotti and Ja are beating those guys in real high stakes(25k/50k 1mill BI) games all the time.I'm not sure the story about those games helds up but some1 from murder inc once told about 'em games

grapabo
07-08-2007, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi. Apologies in advance, as this has probably been asked over and over, but when will ESPN be televising the ME? I can't find any clear schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker/news/story?id=2928673

mblax10
07-08-2007, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played Nelly at 5-10 NL, he dosen't play well. But he did whip out a ~$20k wad of cash for the $1000 max buy-in.

sekrah
07-08-2007, 04:59 PM
From Cardplayer:

A couple of couples were playing today as well, Phil Laak and Jennifer Tilly started their main event voyage today, as did Allen Cunningham and Melissa Hayden. Laak picked up an early pot with a well-timed bet of $1,275 on the river of a board that read 8 7 4 5 K. His opponent folded and Laak picked up a $2,000 pot.

Umm.. Melissa Hayden?

http://www.pokerpages.com/pokerinfo/photogallery/melissahayden.htm

Say it isn't so Allen.

mblax10
07-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Laak's already busto. Pocket 5's?

Phil Laak Eliminated

Phil "The Unabomber" Laak went busto when he was eliminated by Jerome Bradpiece. The board ran out A-K-5-K-x and Bradpiece won the pot with A-K. Phil Laak mucked his hand as he headed to the rail.

He snuck out the side service entrance, saying something about, "No more bad beats..."

Jennifer Tilly was sitting nearby and stopped by Phil's table asking the other players what happened. Apparently, he didn't tell her anything yet.

vassk1
07-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Nelly Eliminated
It's not so hot in herre after Nelly busted out. He had less than 10K left when he moved all in on a flop of . He held . His opponent showed . The turn was the and the river was the . Nelly's hand could not improve as he headed to the rail.

Hawklet
07-08-2007, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Umm.. Melissa Hayden?

http://www.pokerpages.com/pokerinfo/photogallery/melissahayden.htm

Say it isn't so Allen.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have an intellectual connection.

J.C. Gloves
07-08-2007, 05:09 PM
ppl, plz preview ur posts b4 submitting them when you xpost them on here. All of the cards and suits are not showing up in ur posts.

On a more funny note...gg Nelly /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

silvermark
07-08-2007, 05:13 PM
[Nevermind]

TheTactician
07-08-2007, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker/news/story?id=2928673

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not shown until August/October /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Any way to 'acquire' footage sooner?

Jack Bando
07-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Nelly-out
Men Nguyen-MIA (???)

shaundeeb
07-08-2007, 05:21 PM
I was down to 8k within first hour then made a nice call of a 3 barrel with 79dd on 10d7x3xQd 4x boar. I had like 1k after I called his riverbet he instamucked and that brought me upto 18k I lost 1k before the break so I am sitting on 17k at an awfulllllll table.

Just rediculous hands with awful betting it's a shame I've had 3 people call me on the turn for 2/3rds potsized bets with gutshots and 2 of the 3 got there the other rivered tp and beat my newly formed 2nd pair. Really ugly overall first 2 hours didn't expect to make it through once I got down to 8k

simonpoker
07-08-2007, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was down to 8k within first hour then made a nice call of a 3 barrel with 79dd on 10d7x3xQd 4x boar. I had like 1k after I called his riverbet he instamucked and that brought me upto 18k I lost 1k before the break so I am sitting on 17k at an awfulllllll table.

Just rediculous hands with awful betting it's a shame I've had 3 people call me on the turn for 2/3rds potsized bets with gutshots and 2 of the 3 got there the other rivered tp and beat my newly formed 2nd pair. Really ugly overall first 2 hours didn't expect to make it through once I got down to 8k

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats sick, but I guess you gotta take it into account when playing there but I don't know it seems bad for the tournament itself that there are such plays there.

CrazyEyez
07-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Gavin Griffin Makes a Sick Call

Per Ummer opened the pot for 1,000 and Gavin Griffin called from the button. The flop was Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif10/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Ummer bet 1,900 and Griffin called. The turn was the 10:Heart:. Ummer bet 3,000 and Griffin called. The river was the 2/images/graemlins/club.gif . Ummer bet 4,500 and Griffin called.

At the end of the hand, Ummer said "king high." Griffin turned over A/images/graemlins/club.gifJ/images/graemlins/spade.gif and took down the pot with only ace high.

Griffin was up to 38,000 after the hand.

simonpoker
07-08-2007, 05:33 PM
About 1,000 to 1

Mike Panzarella was eliminated on what was close to a 1,000-to-1 shot. The board was A /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif . Panzarella held A-A and got what he thought was the perfect flop... a set of aces on a rainbow board. He fired out 7K on the river hoping to entice some action with his full house. His opponent, Takaski Takii, re-raised all in and Panzarella quickly called. Takii flipped over 88 for quads. He caught two perfect cards to send Panzarella to the rail.

The odds are slightly under 1,000-to-1 that a player with a pocket pair with no help on the flop will get running cards for quads. Panzarella's exit seems unbelievable, but one of our reporters happened to be walking by his table when his Armageddon unfolded.

grapabo
07-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Nevermind. Same update as above.

THAY3R
07-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Shaun is out.

KLJ
07-08-2007, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ppl, plz preview ur posts b4 submitting them when you xpost them on here. All of the cards and suits are not showing up in ur posts.

On a more funny note...gg Nelly /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Admo
07-08-2007, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go get 'em, deeb.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

27th. Kid is practically a lock.

Someone better book before I come to my senses, this should be an even money prop.

edit: sorry gg deeb. Let's all get drinks and tell war stories before everyone goes home.

ozza000
07-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Phil Ivey Doubles Up

That's one of the scariest phrases in the poker universe, even this early on. Ivey and three other players saw a {7-Hearts}{7-Spades}{Q-Diamonds} flop and after the big blind checked Ivey bet 500. One player folded, one player called, and then the big blind check-raised to 1,500. Ivey then popped it up to 4,500, the player stuck in the middle got out of the way, and the big blind called Phil's bet.

The {2-Spades} hit on the turn and the big blind check-called Ivey's 8,000 bet. And he also chose to call when the {8-Hearts} fell on the river and Ivey moved in for his last 10,875. Phil then turned over pocket Queens for the flopped full house and doubled his stack to 54,000.

Ivey is off to a good start then.

PLO8FaceKilla
07-08-2007, 06:09 PM
please keep the updates coming, those of us at work can't see anything on poker sites, and this is the only update that works.

thanks!

Humble Pie
07-08-2007, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
< 1 min. | Posted by change100

Vanessa Rousso and the Perfect River Bet

Vanessa Rousso limped from UTG+1, the button raised to 350 and Rousso called. The flop was Jc 8c 2s. Rousso checked, the button bet 500, Rousso raised to 1,300 and the button called. The turn was the 5c. Rousso bet 1,800 and the button called. The river was the 2d. Rousso checked, and the button bet 2,500. Rousso took off her headphones, let out a sigh, and went into the tank for several minutes.

"That was a perfect bet" she said. "A perfect bet. You either have a flush or you have nothing."

After several more minutes of agonizing, Rousso finally declared "there's too much in the pot, I call." The button turned over and Rousso mucked.

"That was a perfect river bet. I don't think I call a dollar more" Rousso said with a sign. She has 14,500 remaining in her stack.

What an agressive call with...AJo?

[/ QUOTE ]

How come everything this chick does comes off as so dramatic?

Ron Burgundy
07-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Looks like Sklansky showed up late:

[ QUOTE ]
Priorities

A player at Table 208 just showed up...three hours after we started play. The reason for his tardiness? "I was betting horses," he said.

[/ QUOTE ]

shaundeeb
07-08-2007, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go get 'em, deeb.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

27th. Kid is practically a lock.

Someone better book before I come to my senses, this should be an even money prop.

edit: sorry gg deeb. Let's all get drinks and tell war stories before everyone goes home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Def, you should try some volcano and see what amazing photoshoping you do under the influence.

Aleo
07-08-2007, 06:41 PM
IVEY POISED TO TAKE IT ALL!

pknight212
07-08-2007, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dead Stack at Table 119
We mentioned earlier that a lot of the orphaned stacks of chips belong to top pros who are making a late entrance. But not all of them.

At Scott Lazar and Davood Mehrmand's table, there is a stack being blinded away on Lazar's right. The name on the entry list shows the player as "Bo D. Ho." Mr. Ho, your stack is being blinded off, so you might want to come down to the Rio as quickly as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

alright, which one of you is it?

xedin
07-08-2007, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flaminio Malaguti Hates Pocket Aces

Flaminio Malaguti went 0-3 with pocket aces in the first four hours of play today. The first time, they were cracked by 4-5 when his opponent flopped two pair, the second time they were cracked by J-J making a straight on the turn, and the third time they were taken down by 7-7 flopping a set.

Finally, Malaguti went all in pre-flop with pocket kings and was called by the small blind who showed... pocket aces. Those aces managed to hold up and Malaguti was eliminated.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, tough luck dude.

ozza000
07-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Greg Raymer Eliminated

Greg Raymer's J-T couldn't hold up to his opponent's 6-6 on a board of {Q-Hearts}{9-Hearts}{6-Clubs}{2-Diamonds}{J-Diamonds} and he made an early exit from this year's Main Event.

Hmmm strange one considering they haven't mentioned Greg in their coverage so far, but for him to go out here he had to have been short, or it could be just reported wrongly.

FGators
07-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Love to see Ivey make a run this year, be heck of a feat in this tournament as he gave great efforts in 2003 and 2005.

Supwithbates
07-08-2007, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Greg Raymer Eliminated

Greg Raymer's J-T couldn't hold up to his opponent's 6-6 on a board of {Q-Hearts}{9-Hearts}{6-Clubs}{2-Diamonds}{J-Diamonds} and he made an early exit from this year's Main Event.

Hmmm strange one considering they haven't mentioned Greg in their coverage so far, but for him to go out here he had to have been short, or it could be just reported wrongly.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he had JThh thats not strange at all.

Table of Pros

Anyone being moved onto table 66 is in for a rough Day 1.

Seated in the one-seat is the 2000 World Series of Poker Champion Chris "Jesus" Ferguson, to his left in the five-seat is Ishak Noyan, Melissa Hayden is to his left, and the 2002 World Series of Poker Champion Robert Varkonyi is in the ten-seat.

lol. I don't think I'd mind this table too much

PRIMADONNA
07-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Phil Gordon flips over 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and calmly says, "You're drawing dead."

Anyone else think the reporter could have replaced the word CALMLY with SMUGLY? if Smugly is a word.

pknight212
07-08-2007, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Between hands, Matusow has been rambling on about a poker player he knows that tends to rap while playing.

"Poker is fun, for everyone, except my opponent, who's on crack!" Matusow mocked. "You could compare his rap career to my swimsuit modeling career."

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SoloAJ
07-08-2007, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nelly Eliminated
It's not so hot in herre after Nelly busted out. He had less than 10K left when he moved all in on a flop of . He held . His opponent showed . The turn was the and the river was the . Nelly's hand could not improve as he headed to the rail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget about all you people asking for posters to preview their posts. This post is hilarious because of how silly it is without the cards listed. Haha.

dagrinder15
07-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Jennifer Tilly Can Dodge Bullets, Baby

On a board reading {9-Spades}{5-Clubs}{3-Spades}{7-Clubs}, Jennifer Tilly bet 5,000 and her opponent moved all in for 30,000. After a long think, Tilly folded, saving her last 8,500.

"Good laydown," remarked her opponent as he flashed 7-7 for a set.

"I'm like Phil Hellmuth," Tilly replied. "I can dodge bullets, except I only have one bracelet. I folded two pair. I have a goal -- that is to make it to Day 2."

Exitonly
07-08-2007, 07:49 PM
... wasnt Phil 'dodging bullets' because he made a laydown vs aces?

dagrinder15
07-08-2007, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

okay fine, but she has 1 bracelet!

Bullrun
07-08-2007, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes....

she should have said she can dodge kings

ACG2x
07-08-2007, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jennifer Tilly Can Dodge Bullets, Baby

On a board reading {9-Spades}{5-Clubs}{3-Spades}{7-Clubs}, Jennifer Tilly bet 5,000 and her opponent moved all in for 30,000. After a long think, Tilly folded, saving her last 8,500.

"Good laydown," remarked her opponent as he flashed 7-7 for a set.

"I'm like Phil Hellmuth," Tilly replied. "I can dodge bullets, except I only have one bracelet. I folded two pair. I have a goal -- that is to make it to Day 2."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm needing to know more about the action PF and so on before this is considered "dodging bullets". Depending on the action, folding 5-3 isn't that tough of a laydown.

I'd also like to know how she got involved in the pot with two rags given the board. Since her opp. had 7-7, I'm guessing she didn't have the case. So that leaves 9-5, 9-3 and 5-3.

Cat
07-08-2007, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Between hands, Matusow has been rambling on about a poker player he knows that tends to rap while playing.

"Poker is fun, for everyone, except my opponent, who's on crack!" Matusow mocked. "You could compare his rap career to my swimsuit modeling career."

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOL'ed.

vassk1
07-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Phil Ivey Has Been Eliminated on a flush draw

kommunizt
07-08-2007, 08:38 PM
....?
Credibility!

rush66
07-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Is aba/Brian Townsend playing?

AngusThermopyle
[ QUOTE ]
....?
Credibility!

[/ QUOTE ]

....?
Pot calling Kettle?

pokernews:
[ QUOTE ]

Phil Ivey Has Been Eliminated

After his stack was whittled down to around 35,000, Phil Ivey came over the top for all his chips after a {K-Hearts}{8-Clubs}{A-Clubs} flop. His opponent called and showed {A-Hearts}{8-Hearts} for two pair, while Ivey had a flush draw with {Q-Clubs}{9-Clubs}. The {3-Hearts} and {6-Spades} on the turn and river didn't complete Ivey's flush and one of the most feared players in the game has been eliminated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack Bando
[ QUOTE ]
....?
Credibility!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

ACG2x
[ QUOTE ]
....?
Credibility!

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerNews confirmed it. He's out. His opp. flopped A's up and Ivey had Q high FD. Ivey missed.

Cat
07-08-2007, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is aba/Brian Townsend playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Busted out yesterday i think.

vassk1
07-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Mike Matusow Has Been Eliminated

Oct0puz
07-08-2007, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Phil Ivey Has Been Eliminated

After his stack was whittled down to around 35,000, Phil Ivey came over the top for all his chips after a {K-Hearts}{8-Clubs}{A-Clubs} flop. His opponent called and showed {A-Hearts}{8-Hearts} for two pair, while Ivey had a flush draw with {Q-Clubs}{9-Clubs}. The {3-Hearts} and {6-Spades} on the turn and river didn't complete Ivey's flush and one of the most feared players in the game has been eliminated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he was one of those small ball players.

Jurollo
07-08-2007, 09:55 PM
goooooooo gavin

sirio11
07-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Dinner break, 42k at table 35 seat 9.

FGators
07-08-2007, 10:52 PM
I see C. Olson is playing as well, around 40k in chips supposedly..not sure what other online 2+2ers are out there.

SuperUberBob
07-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Allen's at 65K. Think he's poised for another big run?

T_Mac
07-08-2007, 11:05 PM
got 55k at break, i busted john gale, nice guy

BenTurpen
07-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Any predictions for the final table this year? Which pro? More than one? All unknowns?

THAY3R
07-08-2007, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
got 55k at break, i busted john gale, nice guy

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played with him/hung out with him in the VIP lounge alot.

I like him.

Aleo
07-08-2007, 11:34 PM
I'm just praying I know who anyone at the final table is.

With maybe 5500 to 6000 entered, and at least 200 players I'd consider known players, by the odds, this gives

(200/6000)*10, or about a 33% chance

Of course, they have a way better chance than that, as they are way better than the field, so being conservative

50% that someone at the final table is not completely unknown to me

Of course, it'd be even better if a top 50 player made it, but the odds aren't great. Lets hope.

Hawklet
07-08-2007, 11:42 PM
At least we can be sure that at least 1 pro will be in the top 300 right?

BenTurpen
07-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Oddly, as big as the ME field is/has been, it has never drawn all unknowns. Last year, obviously Cunningham, but you could consider Paul Wasicka as well, and in 05, there were a boatload of names in it deep.

Jeremy517
07-08-2007, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With maybe 5500 to 6000 entered, and at least 200 players I'd consider known players, by the odds, this gives

(200/6000)*10, or about a 33% chance

[/ QUOTE ]

Bzzzt, try again.

Aleo
07-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Whatever, 9 players. 30% chance. still rounds up to about 50-50. Or am I missing something bigger?

edit: lol, ok. right. By my math there's a 100% chance that someone in the top 600 or so makes it, which of course there isn't. Still, I'm just making a quick guess, and I think even money is a good bet here on a 200 name list getting someone to the final table.

Jeremy517
07-09-2007, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whatever, 9 players. 30% chance. still rounds up to about 50-50. Or am I missing something bigger?

[/ QUOTE ]

Something bigger. Odds of at least one pro making it is 1 - odds that all aren't pros.

THAY3R
07-09-2007, 12:09 AM
You have to do odds against not odds for.

(5800/6000)^9 or something like that

Aleo
07-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Yeah

so more like 1-[(5800/6000^9) or 27%ish. Embarrassing mistake really.

but they are pros, so adjust upwards
I still like even money

vhawk01
07-09-2007, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to do odds against not odds for.

(5800/6000)^9 or something like that

[/ QUOTE ]

No math in a poker forum, plz.

CrazyEyez
07-09-2007, 01:17 AM
Tiff Michelle passin the sugah to Steve Dannenman. Niiiice.
(video interview)

ACG2x
07-09-2007, 02:08 AM
LMAO...outstanding

30 minutes ago | Posted by Reporter
Headphone Problems
During this year's WSOP we have heard of numerous situations where players' use of headphone's, especially the noise-cancelling ones, are causing problems.

Well a player on table 40 just found out how detrimental they can be.

In the big blind in seat one he saw a series of players limp, but missed the small blind, in seat 10, raise to 3,000. The dealer clearly announced the raise but the big blind could not hear him because of his headphones.

He moved all his chips in with A-10 and was called by the small blind who was holding queens.

He didn't improve, and after the hand admitted he didn't even know the small blind was in the hand.

wpr101
07-09-2007, 04:09 AM
Out. I fluctuated between 14k-45k multiple times before busting. Had some interesting hands involving Gigabet at my table.

KSOT
07-09-2007, 07:01 AM
WHAT WERE THEY?!

chicken10der
07-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Board:
3/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif10/images/graemlins/heart.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Chris Moneymaker and another player check the flop. On the turn, Moneymaker checks and the opponent bets 1,500. Moneymaker check-raises to 4,000 and the opponent calls. They check the river and Moneymaker has J-8 for the busted draw. The opponent has 5-2 -- the deuce on the river won it for him. Moneymaker now has 59,800.

T_Mac
07-09-2007, 08:10 AM
194k after day 1, weeee

Sponger.
07-09-2007, 08:22 AM
117k, yayayay

Fun hand from today. 35k in chips, 200/400 blinds, raise JJ to 1400, guy with 20k cold calls. Flop 644hh, I bet 3k, he raises to a whopping 8k, I push. He thinks for about a minute and calls with... KK? Jack on the river and then from there I basically got sick action every time I picked up a hand.

edit - not because of this hand, i'm just a luckbox who only got played back at by people when I had AA/KK or a set.

Chump Change
07-09-2007, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Confirmation achieved:
http://www.pokernews.com/files_en/reporting/gallery/469143d71ccfb.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

And the crazy thing is, in this field Nelly is above average.

Uppercut
07-09-2007, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Board:
3/images/graemlins/club.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif10/images/graemlins/heart.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Chris Moneymaker and another player check the flop. On the turn, Moneymaker checks and the opponent bets 1,500. Moneymaker check-raises to 4,000 and the opponent calls. They check the river and Moneymaker has J-8 for the busted draw. The opponent has 5-2 -- the deuce on the river won it for him. Moneymaker now has 59,800.

[/ QUOTE ]

Opponent called checkraise on the turn with 5 high and no draw? I don't believe it. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Warteen
07-09-2007, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Board:

[/ QUOTE ]

Opponent called checkraise on the turn with 5 high and no draw? I don't believe it. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking to pull a bluff on a former champ on the river, I guess. Situation changed when maybe he was ahead with a pair. Pretty awful, but explainable.

chicken10der
07-09-2007, 10:38 AM
ah, the 'ricky zilem'. geniuz pokar.

Riina
07-09-2007, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Board:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i think the play is pretty expert as moneymaker is much more likely to hold a draw or total bluff than a nine with the line he took. Calling with position to make a delay-bluff on the river if not any of the draws come in can be a good spot here. Your holding is irrelevant in that case, but since opponenent hit one of his hole cards on the river he got showdownvalue to beat a bluff or busted draw and can just check behind.

nolanfan34
07-09-2007, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
117k, yayayay

Fun hand from today. 35k in chips, 200/400 blinds, raise JJ to 1400, guy with 20k cold calls. Flop 644hh, I bet 3k, he raises to a whopping 8k, I push. He thinks for about a minute and calls with... KK? Jack on the river and then from there I basically got sick action every time I picked up a hand.

edit - not because of this hand, i'm just a luckbox who only got played back at by people when I had AA/KK or a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

SPONGER FOR MOD!!!

MrFizzbin
07-09-2007, 11:32 AM
GOOOOOOOOOO Moneymaker !!!!!!!!

I kinda hope he makes it to the top 50 to get some of the people off his back. Dude was good for poker, Go Money Go....

Dawg24
07-09-2007, 12:00 PM
i was at table 110...I saw shaundeeb at table 107 (dont know him but saw his post about shirt) i was doing well, my table was beyond awful (i guess most where)....

lost a huge pot (60k) with AK<AQ on a flop of A 10 9 turn and river where Q's...down to 4k...GG ME...

I will be back next year....I guess...

PITTM
07-09-2007, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
117k, yayayay

[/ QUOTE ]

SPONGER FOR GOD!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp imo.

The-Donk
07-09-2007, 12:44 PM
How many times did u get AA / KK and they held up if u got any action at all?

willie
07-09-2007, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Board:

[/ QUOTE ]

whaaat.....

___SK___
07-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Apparently Mike the Mouth was suffering from diarrhea.

This was posted in a bullentin on myspace by his brother

"Mike was not feeling well, had the runs all day long, so he basically sort of "tanked" (was the pun intended?) the main event on day one. Playing Poker especially the main event of the WSOP while having to use the potty every 10 minutes just don't cut it!!

Mike will begin to answer emails again starting this week. another bulletin to follow this one on what is going on with Mike.

Scott Matusow"

cpk
07-09-2007, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Mike was not feeling well, had the runs all day long, so he basically sort of "tanked" (was the pun intended?) the main event on day one. Playing Poker especially the main event of the WSOP while having to use the potty every 10 minutes just don't cut it!!

[/ QUOTE ]

There's this great invention called Immodium--I'm pretty sure the Rio gift shop sells it for under $2 a dose.

ipitythefool
07-09-2007, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
About 1,000 to 1

Mike Panzarella was eliminated on what was close to a 1,000-to-1 shot. The board was A /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif . Panzarella held A-A and got what he thought was the perfect flop... a set of aces on a rainbow board. He fired out 7K on the river hoping to entice some action with his full house. His opponent, Takaski Takii, re-raised all in and Panzarella quickly called. Takii flipped over 88 for quads. He caught two perfect cards to send Panzarella to the rail.

The odds are slightly under 1,000-to-1 that a player with a pocket pair with no help on the flop will get running cards for quads. Panzarella's exit seems unbelievable, but one of our reporters happened to be walking by his table when his Armageddon unfolded.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was at my table. The dude who lost was not having a good day. The orbit before he turned a boat and lost to a rivered higher boat. Then the hand right before this one he lost with KK. After the AA hand when down and the other dude declared he had the nuts, he just there looking at the board with a confused look as the chips went away from him.

Unfortunately, I went out right before dinner break shortly after Bernard Lee crippled me by making a gutshot. It was a pretty rough run of bad situations all day. Oh well, good luck sponger.

kyro
07-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Maybe the guy had 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif ?

MelleMel
07-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Going into Day 2 with 31k.

daveLux
07-10-2007, 01:47 AM
i will with 21k after dropping 45k while i went after like the weak-tightest player on the table . he tanked for 3 minutes after i pushed him all in on a T 3 4 4 board on the turn. he then relunctelny called with TT. jeez some guys have no clue at all. was running over my table up to that hand . will have a hard time fighting back but i sure will give it a try