PDA

View Full Version : What will happen to US players accounts?

coolmoedee
07-04-2007, 06:06 PM
What are peoples thoughts on their old accounts being re-opened when the US allows online gambling again? Will people still have their old accounts at party and other sites re-opened for real money? What about affiliates? I am an affiliate and I had tonnes of US players playing at party and making me a lot of money a month. I had to get a "real job" after october's horrible law because my revenue from my website went from around 5-6 g's a month to about $500 a month. What are your guys thoughts?

dragonystic
07-04-2007, 06:25 PM
my thoughts? i love your optimism.

CompatiblePoker
07-04-2007, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What are peoples thoughts on their old accounts being re-opened when the US allows online gambling again? Will people still have their old accounts at party and other sites re-opened for real money? What about affiliates? I am an affiliate and I had tonnes of US players playing at party and making me a lot of money a month. I had to get a "real job" after october's horrible law because my revenue from my website went from around 5-6 g's a month to about $500 a month. What are your guys thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

IF they didn't get bought out first and IF they do legalize online gambling there is no reason you would lose those players.

You still have those players, they didn't close their accounts. The buyouts are what's going to make you lose the players if legalization ever happens. Party won't compensate you for that, that's pretty much a guarantee.

Maybe what you should be worried about is losing that $500 a month. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Guthrie
07-05-2007, 02:15 AM
"When" online gambling becomes fully legal in the U.S., Party will either be bought, or overwhelmed, by one of the U.S. gaming companies.

Party is far too inept to be able to reenter the U.S. market and regain a foothold before the giants take over. The fish and sharks both will flock to U.S. companies, with U.S. banking, and U.S. regulation.

Legislurker
07-05-2007, 01:03 PM
I think you easily forget the popularity of Party, and its brand. Fish you met at random referred to online poker as "Party Poker" in the way people call mp3 players ipods. If they can get in , they will be #1.

TrainHardDieHard
07-06-2007, 12:00 AM
If they legalize online poker and i cash out $1,000, how much of it do you think will go to taxes if poker is a hobby of mine and not a main source of income ?

jonyy6788
07-06-2007, 12:11 AM
2 billion

scorer
07-06-2007, 01:11 AM
um, will it ever be legailized?? if so, maybe 5 years if we are lucky