PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You Feel is WSOP-POTY

EWS87
07-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Do you feel the wsop scoring system is accurate, or would you vote one of these performances more worthy. Here are the stats, you decide what is more important to you: versatility (various games), big fields, overall money, making it count and not folding to a cash.

Tom Schneider ($416,829):
Event 5: 1st/327 Omaha/Seven Card Stud Hi-Low-8 or Better
Event 16: 4th/382 H.O.R.S.E.
Event 46: 1st/668 Seven Card Stud Hi-Low-8 or Better

Jeff Lisandro ($457,309):
Event 7: 13/145 Pot Limit Omaha W/Rebuys
Event 13: 2nd/398 World Championship Pot Limit Hold'em
Event 32: 1st/213 Seven Card Stud
Event 40: 18/620 Mixed Hold'em limit/no-limit
Event 46: 62/668 Seven Card Stud Hi-Low-8 or Better

Robert Mizrachi ($861,138)
Event 5: 26/327 Omaha/Seven Card Stud Hi-Low-8 or Better
Event 9: 40/690 Omaha Hi-Low Split-8 or Better
Event 16: 6th/382 H.O.R.S.E.
Event 26: 5th/192 H.O.R.S.E.
Event 50: 1st/314 World Championship Pot-Limit Omaha

Phil Hellmuth ($738,724)
Event 10: 104/1,531 No-Limit Hold'em
Event 15: 1st/2,628 No-Limit Hold'em
Event 28: 6th/827 No-Limit Hold'em
Event 34: 25th/296 Limit Hold'em
Event 45: 31st/728 No-Limit Hold'em / Six Handed
Event 52: 95/1,048 No Limit Holdem w/ rebuys

Freddy Deeb ($2,291,489)
Event 4: 45/481 Pot Limit Hold'em
Event 30: 27/847 No-Limit Hold'em / Six Handed
Event 39: 1st/148 World Championship H.O.R.S.E.

note: Michael Binger can be argued, but I figured most people would agree you need to win a bracelet to be considered

EWS87
07-04-2007, 11:41 AM
also, please say why you voted the way you did. I voted Robert because the variety of games he did well in...even though one deep NL cash would have made his case much stronger...I also feel that winning double the money Tom did gives Robbie a slightly better series

Uethym
07-04-2007, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

note: Michael Binger can be argued, but I figured most people would agree you need to win a bracelet to be considered

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not agree; I value consistency over getting lucky once the blinds reach all-in slapfight stage. One vote for Binger.

Cat
07-04-2007, 11:57 AM
I think the $50k HORSE was WAY more of a crapshoot this year, so I wouldn't vote Deeb. I wouldn't vote Hellmouth cos he's a tool /images/graemlins/grin.gif and he can only play Hold Them. I think it's close between the other three who've all had an amazing Series. Given the recent thread about Lisandro making $1m a year over 9 years and since he's also a top cash game player, I think that swings my vote - he's an amazingly solid player.

PS I thought this was going to be a poll for WSOP Post of the Year and I was planning to vote Bond /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ontario_Tory
07-04-2007, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the $50k HORSE was WAY more of a crapshoot this year, so I wouldn't vote Deeb. I wouldn't vote Hellmouth cos he's a tool /images/graemlins/grin.gif and he can only play Hold Them. I think it's close between the other three who've all had an amazing Series. Given the recent thread about Lisandro making $1m a year over 9 years and since he's also a top cash game player, I think that swings my vote - he's an amazingly solid player.

PS I thought this was going to be a poll for WSOP Post of the Year and I was planning to vote Bond /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look at the "rules" for the POY, the Seniors, Ladies, 50k HORSE and ME are not used in calculating points. So Deeb's results don't count for it...

& what about Shaundeeb? you want to talk about consistency, Mr. 27 deserves some credit... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

EWS87
07-04-2007, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look at the "rules" for the POY, the Seniors, Ladies, 50k HORSE and ME are not used in calculating points. So Deeb's results don't count for it...

& what about Shaundeeb? you want to talk about consistency, Mr. 27 deserves some credit... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

if you read my post, this was designed to throw the rules out and truly see who the player of the year is....i don't see why the horse event should not count as it is an open event...no one is going to vote for deeb as seems but as the leading money winner he should still have been an option...the only reason I didn't include binger was because I thought he had no shot of winning the poll so i figured there was no point...he certainly does belong in it though

jsmith5
07-04-2007, 12:15 PM
It's tough not to give it to Schneider with two bracelets...but I voted for Rob anyway because his PLO win was a $10k buyin versus a redonkulous field. He also has two more cashes than Schneider, and made more $$.

Ontario_Tory
07-04-2007, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if you read my post, this was designed to throw the rules out and truly see who the player of the year is....i don't see why the horse event should not count as it is an open event...no one is going to vote for deeb as seems but as the leading money winner he should still have been an option...the only reason I didn't include binger was because I thought he had no shot of winning the poll so i figured there was no point...he certainly does belong in it though

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry man - wasn't being clear. I was just responding to Cat's comment that the HORSE tourney was a crapshoot this year. Wasn't saying that you shouldn't have included it in your poll...

Silent A
07-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Because I could do it:

WSOP-POY using the PokerStars TLB formula:

Phil Hellmuth 3346.15 (2100+ from his bracelet win)
Tom Schneider 2258.94
Michael Binger 2151.34
Robert Mizrachi 1857.53
Jeff Lisandro 1823.93
Freddy Deeb 1076.17

MikeRice
07-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Tom Schneider barring a heroic main event from a few contenders.

1YearToVegas
07-04-2007, 05:28 PM
i voted mizrachi...i dont see the people voting scheinder putting any reasoning behind it, sure the guy one twice but both small fields in limit games where its mostly luck

kevdawg21
07-04-2007, 05:33 PM
I voted for Hellmuth. Unlike many other posters, I am impressed by how Phil keeps grinding his way through massive fields. It speaks to how remarkably consistent he is. Frankly, I think too much emphasis is placed on versatility. There's something to be said for utter dominance in poker's most proliferated game.

1YearToVegas
07-05-2007, 06:56 AM
lisandro and schneids both alive with like 20 left in the deuce tourney...it will pretty much come down to this

Floker
07-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Robert, because he's had more cashes and more overall win$ than Schneider in different fields. Also, the difference between 5th/6th and 1st place isn't very meaningful since esp. at the final table very much depends on pure luck. You have only a few dozen hands to get a few nice cards, and it's very eazy to be carddead in those 50-200 hands on the FT.

Floker
07-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Or if Jeffrey makes it to yet another FT in the 5k 2-7 draw event (he's chipleader going into day 2) he fore sure is the POY.

Warteen
07-05-2007, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't vote Hellmouth cos he's a tool /images/graemlins/grin.gif and he can only play Hold Them.
Given the recent thread about Lisandro making $1m a year over 9 years and since he's also a top cash game player, I think that swings my vote - he's an amazingly solid player.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be true, but don't eff with his antes.

I voted for Hellmuth, the most consistent winner at poker on the list, which is really what this competition is all about, neh?

afadeyi
07-05-2007, 12:41 PM
i voted for hellmuth, but i wish there was some account on how much each of these player dropped on entry feees/rebuys and/or how many events they entered.

Bulldog
07-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Binger

aramfingal
07-05-2007, 03:50 PM
since its all about voting, i vote for johnny moss.

shaniac
07-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Alex Bolotin: 5 cashes, 2 final tables. 600K+ this WSOP.

Edit: Rickroll (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=69190)

gobboboy
07-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Vivek Rakjumar. First year in wsop, one final table, one 14th, he's played like 8 events with 5 cashes.

Turn Prophet
07-05-2007, 05:29 PM
As the only player to win two bracelets this year, Tom Schneider has to be my pick (plus a 4th in HORSE, extremely impressive).

However, that's provisional. If Jeff Lisandro makes the final table of the 2-7 and Schneider does not, I might have to change my vote. If Jeff Lisandro wins the event and Schneider doesn't finish Top 3, then there is no argument that it would have to go to Lisandro. The guy's one of the most underrated players in the game anyway.

shaniac
07-05-2007, 05:50 PM
I think there should be two prizes--one for the "big bet" tournaments (NL/PL) and one for the limit mixed game events.

rurollin
07-05-2007, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to see you based your vote on everything but play at the WSOP..

Unphased
07-05-2007, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Vivek Rakjumar. First year in wsop, one final table, one 14th, he's played like 8 events with 5 cashes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Psyduck gets my vote... i've sweated him a few times, and he has played v v well, hes just not so good at winning with KK

s33w33d
07-06-2007, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think there should be two prizes--one for the "big bet" tournaments (NL/PL) and one for the limit mixed game events.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Rebuy POTY, Shane? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

FreeBeer
07-06-2007, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I voted Robert because the variety of games he did well in...

[/ QUOTE ]

Deeb also did well in a variety of games...

UtzChips
07-06-2007, 01:33 PM
Hellmuth putting on a helluva show this year! I don't care for whiners, but you gotta give the brat credit.

Although the HORSE event requires all around poker knowledge, it's a small event, comparatively speaking, and winning a NL event with over 2600 players beats out a win the HORSE event IMO.

MJBuddy
07-06-2007, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hellmuth putting on a helluva show this year! I don't care for whiners, but you gotta give the brat credit.

Although the HORSE event requires all around poker knowledge, it's a small event, comparatively speaking, and winning a NL event with over 2600 players beats out a win the HORSE event IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

UtzChips
07-06-2007, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As the only player to win two bracelets this year, Tom Schneider has to be my pick (plus a 4th in HORSE, extremely impressive).

However, that's provisional. If Jeff Lisandro makes the final table of the 2-7 and Schneider does not, I might have to change my vote. If Jeff Lisandro wins the event and Schneider doesn't finish Top 3, then there is no argument that it would have to go to Lisandro. The guy's one of the most underrated players in the game anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom's performance is very impressive, and I would like nothing more than to give him my vote, as I don't like Hellmuth.

However, with everyone starting with twice as many chips as they did last year, it's a lot easier for the cream to rise to the top in a field of <400 than a field of <2700.

The last thing I want: To have to listen to Hellmuth if he wins the POTY. Please! Somebody overtake him!

Toonces
07-06-2007, 02:17 PM
I like Schneider. Top 1% of field three times with 2 bracelets. Hellmuth went top 1% twice, but the other four cashes were barely top 10% in giant (likely weaker) fields.

jogsxyz
07-06-2007, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Both Lisandro and Schneider finished out of the money. Deeb finished sixth.
I voted for Schneider. He has already won the POY and as a 2+2 poster, he deserves our support.

hime
07-07-2007, 03:35 PM
He's not actually a 2+2 poster.

JOEL_
07-07-2007, 03:46 PM
How can the ME not be included in this I don't know.

EGO
07-07-2007, 06:18 PM
I voted for Lisandro. A bracelet in 7CS, 2nd in PLHE, final two tables in PLO and mixed HE. Very well-rounded results in this year's WSOP.

Artsemis
07-07-2007, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can the ME not be included in this I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the ME and the craps table results should be a factor.

Jason Strasser (strassa2)
07-07-2007, 09:16 PM
lisandro is a total assclown of a person.

exhibit 1:

he limps in UTG+1 in the PL event he eventually went on to do well in. It's really early. button raises pot, folds to lisandro who calls.

Flop Kxx rainbow. Lisandro check raises small, the guy pushes, lisandro calls with AA, guy has AK.

"YES I TRAPPED HIM!!" he says with a fist pump (this is like in level 4) "NO one else gets all his chips there!"

Guy is still at the table. Confused I say, "Jeff, he had AK you had AA and he had like 40 big blinds, AND the flop came king high"

He looks me in the eye "You wouldn't have gotten all his chips, kid" he does another fist pump then stacks the chips.

He just seems like a total arrogant hothead, I vote for the Mizrachi kid cause his results seem to be the best.

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S
07-07-2007, 09:53 PM
horse champ = wsop champ

deeb ftw

Ron Burgundy
07-08-2007, 02:07 AM
If this was "holdem player of the year" it's Hellmuth. But I voted Mizrachi here. Final table at both HORSE events = awesome.

Ron Burgundy
07-08-2007, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lisandro is a total assclown of a person.

exhibit 1:

he limps in UTG+1 in the PL event he eventually went on to do well in. It's really early. button raises pot, folds to lisandro who calls.

Flop Kxx rainbow. Lisandro check raises small, the guy pushes, lisandro calls with AA, guy has AK.

"YES I TRAPPED HIM!!" he says with a fist pump (this is like in level 4) "NO one else gets all his chips there!"

Guy is still at the table. Confused I say, "Jeff, he had AK you had AA and he had like 40 big blinds, AND the flop came king high"

He looks me in the eye "You wouldn't have gotten all his chips, kid" he does another fist pump then stacks the chips.

He just seems like a total arrogant hothead, I vote for the Mizrachi kid cause his results seem to be the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a theory that the water in Australia is tainted with a douchebag virus.