PDA

View Full Version : Main Event Registration Questions

dangler
07-03-2007, 05:31 AM
I've already played in some events, so I've previously supplied my personal info and received a Rewards card.

If somebody in LV were willing to register for me, could he do so using only my players card number (and cash)?

As an alternative, will players be able to register after day 1A?

SteelWheel
07-03-2007, 01:03 PM
They want you to present the Rewards card along with your buy-in..I don't think giving them just your Rewards number would suffice--they'd undoubtedly ask for your driver's license also.

Best suggestion: Pay whatever the heck it takes to FedEx your Rewards card to your friend and let him handle it from there. If you do this immediately, your friend should have it on Thursday, and be able to register you for your preferred starting day.

Failing that: I wouldn't lay heavy odds on this, but I think it highly probable that you will be allowed to enter as an alternate on any Day, including Day 1D. Last year, a friend of mine stood around waiting on Day 1D for like four hours, but eventually got his seat well into the 3rd level, IIRC. Hey he lasted longer into Day 2 than I did... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cmitch
07-03-2007, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As an alternative, will players be able to register after day 1A?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have said that you will be able to register all the way to the start of the last Day 1.

DoGGz
07-03-2007, 02:48 PM
If you've played in an event already, then the rewards card and cash is all that's required. They need to have your WSOP release paperwork before they register you for an event.