PDA

View Full Version : What's Full Tilt Poker like?

Black Peter
01-04-2006, 10:21 PM
I've mostly played B&M cardrooms and a bit on Pokerroom.com. I have a Mac and i saw that Full Tilt offers a mac version now. What's that site like?

HSB
01-04-2006, 10:24 PM
It's kinda like Stars.

Doesn't help much, I assume.

I infinitely prefer FTs software to pokerroom. I've played at pokerroom for about four days and once I clear my PSO thing I'm never going back.

You may find that Tilt doesn't have as many games as you would like.

It's primarily a low buy in NL site. You can sign up, get their bonus, spend a few months working it off, and go back to pokerroom if you don't like it.

Oh, and you can get rakeback there, so do it.

Bartman387
01-04-2006, 11:00 PM
people bad mouth FTP a lot for being a rock garden and having a low choice of games, but I dont quite see it. Of course it doesn't have as many players at PP or PS, but the software is much much better IMO. Also, I play lower buy in NL ring games and Sit n Go's and have found plenty of terrible players. It has gotten much looser than when it strated and I think a lot of people are spouting off about it based on old opinions.

Worst case try it and you dont like it just withdraw.

Overdrive
01-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Full Tilt has great software, and lots of pros endorse it, and you can sometimes watch them play there. They don't have a tremondous amount of players yet but they are growing. There bonus is slow to clear. The rake is much, much, much lower than Pokeroom - especially if you are playing limit at any level below 5/10 or so. Pokerroom and it's 'skins' have the highest rake on the internet at that level and it will eat your profits in the long run there.

Jurollo
01-04-2006, 11:18 PM
like a nice warm shower on a cold winter day
~Justin

Black Peter
01-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Yeah, i noticed that PR has awful rake. That's one reason why i want to move. Also, i dislike the constant crashing and freezing.

Black Peter
01-04-2006, 11:42 PM
lol /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Black Peter
01-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Cool, thanks for the feedback. I'll give it a go.

TTChamp
01-05-2006, 12:41 AM
The bonus sucks to clear and it is very rocky. SNG games are beatable at low levels, but they quickly get harder. I would stay away from NL and limit cash games-just go with party or stars for those.

Mustbeblufin
01-05-2006, 12:46 AM
I give away lots of money on the tables there so find me and take it!

Black Peter
01-05-2006, 12:46 AM
What's wrong with limit cash games?

send_the_msg
01-05-2006, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
people bad mouth FTP a lot for being a rock garden and having a low choice of games, but I dont quite see it. Of course it doesn't have as many players at PP or PS, but the software is much much better IMO. Also, I play lower buy in NL ring games and Sit n Go's and have found plenty of terrible players. It has gotten much looser than when it strated and I think a lot of people are spouting off about it based on old opinions.

Worst case try it and you dont like it just withdraw.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with your assessment of the skill level. they may have some really high stakes that bring in pros, but they also do a LOT of tv advertising which has got to be bringing in the retard fishes.

MicroBob
01-05-2006, 01:38 AM
with all that marketing (TV and magazine) they do I'm really surprised they don't have more players.

Look around at the WSOP and so many of the big name guys are wearing full-tilt crap (Ivey, Matusow, Juanda, Ferguson, etc etc). They have big names that people KNOW....and they offer a huge sign-up bonus (don't quibble...most people don't know the difference regarding sucky clearing requirements).

They have some fairly clever and amusing TV ads (the ones with some idiot at the table behaving in some noobish fashion...and then Ferguson or Lederer or Ivey or someone just looking at them in that "what the hell are you doing?" kind of way).

Is anyone else surprised that they try as hard as they do and have such big names promoting their site and still don't attract more players? Thought they would have been bigger by now.

Raul Wong
01-05-2006, 02:03 AM
I think the fact that website is 21+ probably cuts down on their traffic

MicroBob
01-05-2006, 02:12 AM
didn't know that. But I wouldn't think that would have a huge impact.

Most 18-20 year-olds probably don't give a damn, do they?

Ron Burgundy
01-05-2006, 03:26 AM
FT has been growing steadily. Considering all the competition they have, I think they're doing quite well. Can you think of any other proprietary software sites that have started since FT and even survived?

I remember making a post a few months ago saying "OMG FT has like 6K players right now, where did all these people come from?" Now they have 10K+ at peak times.

RED_RAIN
01-05-2006, 04:01 AM
Do they have any 10/20-50/100 going? Any good?

Bartman387
01-05-2006, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm looking right now and there is one 30/60, one 25/50, and three 15/30. I think there is usually at least three tables at each of these levels during prime times and more when there are pros playing.

send_the_msg
01-05-2006, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very often those limits are populated, however mostly by name pros. i did see dagostino drop almost 60k yesterday so who knows....

Bartman387
01-05-2006, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very often those limits are populated, however mostly by name pros. i did see dagostino drop almost 60k yesterday so who knows....

[/ QUOTE ]
he plays almost everyday, usually 30/60 or 50/100

belgianbeerlover
01-05-2006, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Wha, Wha, Wha, What?? That's a HUGE 1 day down swing playing $50/$100.

nuts
01-05-2006, 10:32 AM
I've played there using the mac client and the software is very good. However, there are not many games compared to party or stars, but that should improve.

Quicksilvre
01-05-2006, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most 18-20 year-olds probably don't give a damn, do they?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's the primary reason for me to stay away (I'm 18). I wonder if they can get my age from my debit card or checking account...as it is, I'm too comfortable at Stars and Party to try it.

send_the_msg
01-05-2006, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Wha, Wha, Wha, What?? That's a HUGE 1 day down swing playing $50/$100.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah he was on MAJOR tilt and lost it all to that farzad guy. he just kept rebuying and getting his money in with junk. when they quit farzad had just under 70k in chips in front of him, from an initial buy in of 10k. the whole thing only took about an hour.

nortonmalc
01-05-2006, 09:35 PM
For their tourneys, the structure is much faster than Stars, so if you like turbos on Stars, you will like the tourneys on Full Tilt.

[Phill]
01-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Its slower than stars until the 6 hr, 40 min mark

source: http://www.pocketfives.com/C0CA1DE7-8E8D-4DE0-81A6-A7D457DA4993.aspx

Though it does start with less chips, so overall its probably 6 and two 3s.

Note UB and Party are considerably slower (though party has less starting chips).

SoftcoreRevolt
01-05-2006, 10:04 PM
I'd say 11,000 people in primetime is pretty damn good for a site that has been having cash games for only 1 1/4 years. With Stars and Party so entrenched at the top, that is a pretty good chunk of players so quickly.

Ron Burgundy
01-06-2006, 04:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally play 3/6 and 5/10 which are quite soft. But I play 10/20 or 15/30 if there's a pro at the table. Where the pros go, the fish follow, and where the fish go, I follow. The key is to indentify which fish play more aggressive against the pros, and which are scared of them and don't want to get in a pot with them without the nuts.

gambelero2
01-06-2006, 04:40 AM
they have more varied tourneys than anyone, razz, horse, omaha hi, fairly regularly. 2 razz 1 omaha tonight in primetime.

Their structure is not faster than stars they have a lot of intermediate levels that stars doesn't have, with the 800-1600.

SoftcoreRevolt
01-06-2006, 05:41 AM
FTP is a rockin site. The structure is good, but does take a bit TOO long for SNGs. The Limit Ring is tighter than one would like, but not awful. the NL games are really good though, and when a pro sits down at a Small Stakes game it is a GOLD MINE, the donks flock to it.

funkymunky
01-06-2006, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
... and when a pro sits down at a Small Stakes game it is a GOLD MINE, the donks flock to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Pro's sit down at the small stakes tables occasionally??

Bartman387
01-06-2006, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... and when a pro sits down at a Small Stakes game it is a GOLD MINE, the donks flock to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Phil Gordon plays small stakes almost exclusively. Also, Phil Ivey was sitting at .05/.10 recently as well.

Isura
01-06-2006, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Phil Gordon plays small stakes almost exclusively. Also, Phil Ivey was sitting at .05/.10 recently as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ivey is on a 1/2 NL table now. I'm 70th on the waiting list lol.