PDA

View Full Version : ** Event 50: $10,000 Pot-Limit Omaha **

Jourdain
07-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Any 2+2 people in this tournament? Just started.

Interesting Format
This is a $10,000 tournament. Players will receive 10,000 in chips, AND receive a 'special' chip, which can be redeemed for another 10,000 chips. So, players get a "rebuy", but this is not a rebuy event.

The majority of players seem to have elected not to use their rebuy chips immediately. In fact we cant seem to find anyone who has. Although on a table near us John D'Agostino has proposed that the entire table raise all in blind. Which would give plenty of players the opportunity to exercise their rebuy option.

NickMPK
07-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Is there a "rebuy" period after which you have to cash in the chip, or could you carry it all the way to final table?

Jourdain
07-01-2007, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Is there a "rebuy" period after which you have to cash in the chip, or could you carry it all the way to final table?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea, I'm looking for more information at the moment.

In the meanwhile:
'We have found at least one player who has chosen to electively take his extra 10,000 chips (Lindgren), and one who has been forced to take his extra 10,000 chips (Greenstein). From the looks of things so far - this tournament will move quickly.'

Jourdain
07-01-2007, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Found it:

Players begin with $10,000 in Tournament Chips. Players may receive an additional $10,000 in tournament chips anytime during the first three levels. Any player that has not taken their add-on by the end of the third level will automatically receive it. All levels will last 60 minutes.

LEVEL BLINDS
Level 1 $50-$100
Level 2 $100-$200
Level 3 $150-$300
End Add-On Period Play Through

riverboatking
07-01-2007, 04:37 PM
My table (in seat order):
Allan cunningham
David williams
Toto leonidas
Some real bad old dude
Sam grizzle
Jon phan
Paul magril
Daniel alei
Me

J.C. Gloves
07-01-2007, 04:47 PM
glglgl Jonas

mshalen
07-01-2007, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Allan cunningham
David williams
Toto leonidas
Some real bad old dude
Sam grizzle
Jon phan
Paul magril
Daniel alei
Me

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch

LennartZ
07-01-2007, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Allan cunningham
David williams
Toto leonidas
Some real bad old dude
Sam grizzle
Jon phan
Paul magril
Daniel alei
Me

[/ QUOTE ]

That is pretty [censored] up, hope it breaks soon

riverboatking
07-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Zomg toto and phan are THE slowest players of all time.
Also these floormen are sooooooooo awful.

selurah
07-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Good stuff here from pokernews:
------------
Andy Black Eliminated; Almost Comes to Blows

Andy Black was all in with a short stack. Huckleberry Seed called.

Black: {K-Spades}{10-Diamonds}{8-Diamonds}{4-Spades}
Seed: {A-Diamonds}{A-Clubs}{6-Diamonds}{4-Clubs}

The flop was {Q-Clubs}{8-Clubs}{3-Diamonds}. The turn was the {9-Diamonds} and the river was {2-Diamonds}. Seed won with a nut flush. Black was busted by Seed. Before he left the table, Davood Mehrmand taunted Black and said, "See you later."

Black and Mehrmand had been jawing over the last two hours and the they almost came to blows. The floor had to be called over to calm Black down. At one point he had his arm cocked back, ready to drop Davood Mehrmand.

TheCodeDog
07-01-2007, 11:03 PM
That's not very zen.

Mezzanine
07-01-2007, 11:06 PM
if anyone doubted how annoying davood mehrmand is, this practically proves it. When you get Andy Black to react like that (forgetting the fact that he is a buddhist, just on his personality alone), you must be a hardcore insulting [censored].

RoundTower
07-01-2007, 11:10 PM
my table in seat order:

1 me
2 Max Pescatori, replaced by I think a fish
3 Tom Hanlon, replaced by David Benyamine
4 Terence Chan (I think this is his name, is he 2+2?)
5 some tight young guy
6 Padraig Parkinson, replaced by Scandi guy
7 fish
8 Steve Zolotow
9 various

I run up a big stack of 54k by the time we get to 200-400. Then I bluff off 23k with a set on a 3 flush board to the latest resident of trap 9. Then during 300-600 I run AsA6s8 into trap 6's AhATh5 for a 52k pot, we both make 2 pair and I'm gone.

TheBob
07-01-2007, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At one point he had his arm cocked back, ready to drop Davood Mehrmand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Typical Buddhist...

TempletonPeck
07-02-2007, 12:04 AM
How'dja think Davood got the nickname "Brain Damage"?

hulk3rules
07-02-2007, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry; he's just Terrence Chan, not Johnny Chan

JackOfSpeed
07-02-2007, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if anyone doubted how annoying davood mehrmand is, this practically proves it. When you get Andy Black to react like that (forgetting the fact that he is a buddhist, just on his personality alone), you must be a hardcore insulting [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree with this. I have played with Black twice and he has never been anything less than ridiculously congenial and a pleasure to play with.

philfan05
07-02-2007, 02:00 AM
I know there are still 100 or so players left, but there is an absolutely sick field still left. Doyle, Chan, and Hellmuth are all alive and healthy. It would be so sick to see an combination of those 3 together at the FT.

riverboatking
07-02-2007, 02:09 AM
Screw you how about a final table of chuddo and me, that would be sweet.

riverboatking
07-02-2007, 03:02 AM
Just played a sick pot I have around 60K and I call on button after a few limpers with AKT7.
Flop K73cc I have no clubs.
Chked to me I pot all fold to sam grizzle who has me covered, I've been playing with him all day day and he loves to make big moves.
I see he's about to fold then looks at me and I act all nervous, he just calls and at this point I'm like 95% sure he's floating to bluff.
Turn comes Jc completing the flush and he leads pot (24K) I jam.
Sam tanks and finally calls with JJAx.
So sick I was spot on that he was floating then he hits a 2 outer to make a hand (I hadn't been caught making a move in like 9hrs so don't know how much I like his call).

But sweeeeeeet justice as rive is a Q and I make broadway.

Yay for sucking out!!!

bugstud
07-02-2007, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just played a sick pot I have around 60K and I call on button after a few limpers with AKT7.
Flop K73cc I have no clubs.
Chked to me I pot all fold to sam grizzle who has me covered, I've been playing with him all day day and he loves to make big moves.
I see he's about to fold then looks at me and I act all nervous, he just calls and at this point I'm like 95% sure he's floating to bluff.
Turn comes Jc completing the flush and he leads pot (24K) I jam.
Sam tanks and finally calls with JJAx.
So sick I was spot on that he was floating then he hits a 2 outer to make a hand (I hadn't been caught making a move in like 9hrs so don't know how much I like his call).

But sweeeeeeet justice as rive is a Q and I make broadway.

Yay for sucking out!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

gin

fslexcduck
07-02-2007, 03:30 AM
my table: some dude, huck seed, john duthie, dariominieri, mark vos, robert mizrachi, some asian dude everyone seemed to know, jeff lisandro, me.

Cornell Fiji
07-02-2007, 03:31 AM
nh RBK.

thanks for the updates

Take it down.

Cornell Fiji
07-02-2007, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Screw you how about a final table of chuddo and me, that would be sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and this post made me laugh out loud

riverboatking
07-02-2007, 05:59 AM
wsop.com has alot of factual errors in their reporting.

1) i finished the day with $366,500 not $245K

2) and more importantly i was the player they mention in the hand where

Misreading the Board
A bit of a controversy just came up at Scotty Nguyen's table. On a board of , Scotty Ngyuen turned up K-K at the showdown while his opponent said "I missed" as he tabled 6-7-8-9. The pot was pushed to Nguyen. During the 15-minute break, another player at the table told Nguyen's opponent in the hand that he had actually made an eight-high straight on the river. The player went ballistic, calling for the floor and demanding that they go to the security cameras to confirm that he had won the hand and therefore, would be awarded the pot. However, since the player had misread his own hand ("I missed") it was ruled that the pot would still go to Nguyen, despite the fact that the dealer should have caught the mistake.

and that report is so wrong in so many ways.

i had CR big on the turn with a pair and flush draw and the river brought an offsuit five which i didnt even realize made me a straight as i thought i had 6799 in my hand when in fact i had 6789.

however i turned my hand face up as i said "i missed it".

my cards were face up on the table in front of me, and in tournaments cards speak when face up, but the dealer as soon as i said it grabbed em and mucked em.

as she was swiping them away i saw my mistake (i dont know where in the hell they got all that crap about a 15min break, there wasn't a single break taken from the time the hand went down till we stopped play for the night).

i realized my mistake immediately no one told me, and i called the floor over as the cards were being delt for THE VERY NEXT HAND, and asked them to check the camera.

they came back and said that the camera could only see two of my cards so i was SOL.

also i only went ballistic after they told me that, i was very calm up to that point.

however that was the second time in the tourney a big decision had to be made from the camera and both times a big name player was involved and benefited from the camera not being able to read the action.

in the other situation robert williamson III had two pair on the river and his opponent an unknown turned over a set, however the dealer misread his hand and mucked it.

a bunch of players on the table saw the winning hand but when they checked the camera they said they couldn't see anything.

i find it hard to believe that the eye in the sky can detect if you swipe one single chip off of someone's stack but is unable to read 4 cards face up on the table.

i think its pretty sketchy to say the least.

let me say that i do not fault scotty one iota in this situation, he was in no way at fault and he was a really nice guy.
he seemed geniunely upset that i may have unfairly lost chips and was just really nice all around.
also i dont think he ever really saw my hand clearly so again he wasn't in the wrong in any way.

i wasn't upset at him in any way and i told him that at the time and then we talked again after play broke for the night.

he is def. one of the nicest "name players" i've played against.

i wasn't even going to bring it up but that repot on wsop.com is so full of [censored] in pretty much every detail of the hand.

its also pretty lame that they are flat out lying in their reporting of events.

i mean the most obvious detail of the report that they just flat out fabricated is when they write:

During the 15-minute break, another player at the table told Nguyen's opponent in the hand that he had actually made an eight-high straight on the river.

i mean thats just flat out lying as there was NO break anywhere near before or after that hand so to think that they didn't intentionally alter the facts of the story is redic.

once again let me say i'm not trying to start a drama bomb, i just don't like that fact that wsop.com is blatantly lying about what happened.

edit:
and if you go to the page to see where they report it you can see that there is an hour in between the previous break and when the hand is reported, and not a single break after the report, so they are just flat out lying.

bugstud
07-02-2007, 06:45 AM
um, wow. that's pretty lame.

win the tourney anyway plz

edit - fwiw pokernews has the chipcount right at least.

sirtimo
07-02-2007, 08:25 AM
2007 World Series of Poker
Started 1st Jul, 2007
Event 50 - $10,000 Pot Limit Omaha

* Day 1

Chip Counts

Jonas Flug-Entin 366500
Tommy Ly 354500
Kenneth Strandli 287000
Antonio Salorio 264500
Roy Brindley 231000
Patrik Antonius 205500
Robert Mizrachi 204000
Liekke Kimmo 197500
Rene Mouritsen 189500
John Duthie 188000
Scotty Nguyen 185500
Steve Sung 181000
Marco Traniello 179000

RBK CL FTW!

Good luck! Take it down!

Jourdain
07-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Is it me or is Marco Traniello a pretty solid player?

Ghazban
07-02-2007, 10:38 AM
gl RBK

1p0kerboy
07-02-2007, 12:16 PM
I would be really pissed if that happened to me.

Bonified
07-02-2007, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's not very zen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Zen masters would sometimes attempt to bring a student to enlightenment by means of a sharp cuff to the head at the right time (source: a book by Chuck Norris). Perhaps Black was doing the same.

Or perhaps Mehrmand is really [censored] annoying.

El Diablo
07-02-2007, 01:58 PM
rbk,

This has already been posted, but posting again because it's awesome!

"Jonas Flug-Entin - 366,500
Tommy Ly - 354,500
Kenneth Strandli - 287,000
Antonio Salorio - 264,500
Roy Brindley - 231,000
Patrik Antonius - 205,500
Robert Mizrachi - 204,000
Liekke Kimmo - 197,500
Rene Mouritsen - 189,500
John Duthie - 188,000"

"1 $ 768,889"

Take it down.

ahnuld
07-02-2007, 02:19 PM
yo whens the ft? Ill come sweat

snagglepuss
07-02-2007, 02:38 PM
i was one of the chipleaders at the dinner break w/ 110k, while jonas had 55k. we talk about swapping % after jonas gets a bit more chips. obviously we never swap.

i then burn through ~135k chips without winning a pot in standard chud fashion. thankfully i dont have a piece of jonas or he would be finishing 38th. now that we ALMOST swapped pretty much guarantees 1st and 760k.

good luck jonas!

selurah
07-02-2007, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta admit I still get a good chuckle out of this.

ChrisCo
07-02-2007, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta admit I still get a good chuckle out of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to think where I knew the name from and then I read the post and a big smile came across my face.

buckslayer80
07-02-2007, 07:09 PM
WTF is this ab??? RBK up to 500k with like 41 left:

4 minutes ago | Posted by DrPauly

James Calderaro Eliminated in 41st Place
James Calderaro was all in preflop. Jonas Flug-Entin went into the tank and pondered the call. Calderaro asked the floor if he would get a penalty if he exposed his hand to induce action. The floor said there would be no penalty so he flipped over . Flug-Entin decided to call with . The flop was . The turn was the and the river was the . James Calderaro headed to the rail in 41st place.

El Diablo
07-02-2007, 07:11 PM
rbk,

Rolling along, baby, hot!

22 minutes ago
"Jonas Flug-Entin - 450,000
Tommy Ly - 421,000
Roy Brindley - 295,000
Steve Sung - 280,000
Donn O'Dea - 240,000"

7 minutes ago
"James Calderaro was all in preflop. Jonas Flug-Entin went into the tank and pondered the call. Calderaro asked the floor if he would get a penalty if he exposed his hand to induce action. The floor said there would be no penalty so he flipped over {A-Clubs}{K-Diamonds}{Q-Hearts}{J-Clubs}. Flug-Entin decided to call with {A-Diamonds}{A-Hearts}{4-Clubs}{3-Spades}. The flop was {J-Hearts}{6-Spades}{4-Spades}. The turn was the {8-Hearts} and the river was the {A-Spades}. James Calderaro headed to the rail in 41st place."

Jonas now listed in 1st w/ 500k+

bigbabyjesus
07-02-2007, 07:29 PM
sick

GL rbk

buckslayer80
07-02-2007, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
rbk,

22 minutes ago
Tommy Ly - 421,000
Roy Brindley - 295,000
Steve Sung - 280,000
Donn O'Dea - 240,000"

7 minutes ago
"James Calderaro was all in preflop. Jonas Flug-Entin went into the tank and pondered the call. Calderaro asked the floor if he would get a penalty if he exposed his hand to induce action. The floor said there would be no penalty so he flipped over {A-Clubs}{K-Diamonds}{Q-Hearts}{J-Clubs}. Flug-Entin decided to call with {A-Diamonds}{A-Hearts}{4-Clubs}{3-Spades}. The flop was {J-Hearts}{6-Spades}{4-Spades}. The turn was the {8-Hearts} and the river was the {A-Spades}. James Calderaro headed to the rail in 41st place."

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting slow in your old age El D.

Chump Change
07-02-2007, 08:32 PM
GOGOGOGO

This is another new event, no? Not the 'rebuy chip' part but a 10k PLO buyin?

Ghazban
07-02-2007, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
rbk,

22 minutes ago
Tommy Ly - 421,000
Roy Brindley - 295,000
Steve Sung - 280,000
Donn O'Dea - 240,000"

7 minutes ago

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting slow in your old age El D.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least his version contained the hands and board cards.

ClassicBob
07-02-2007, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
GOGOGOGO

This is another new event, no? Not the 'rebuy chip' part but a 10k PLO buyin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe that this has been around for a few years (though not the 'rebuy chip' is new), IIRC.

lapoker17
07-02-2007, 08:59 PM
i just left you a message - i will come out if you win so once it's over just book my plane ticket. ty. gl.

buckslayer80
07-02-2007, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm the 2 posts are identical. Read much??

kerze
07-02-2007, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that your post has blanks where the cards should be

El Diablo
07-02-2007, 09:06 PM
All,

"Walter Farina moved all in with a short stack and {A-Diamonds}{A-Clubs}{8-Spades}{4-Hearts}. He was called by Jonas Flug-Entin. The flop was {K-Clubs}{9-Hearts}{6-Spades} and Flug-Entin took the lead with {K-Spades}{K-Diamonds}. The turn and river did not help Farnia and he busted out in 29th place."

Hot!

Jonas over 700k now. Basically tied w/ Scotty Nguyen for chiplead w/ 23 left. Only player to fear is Antonius w/ about 200k.

kerze
07-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Michael Binger just got knocked out by Scotty for his 7th cash of this World Series

Bill Murphy
07-02-2007, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All,

Jonas over 700k now. Basically tied w/ Scotty Nguyen for chiplead w/ 23 left. Only player to fear is Antonius w/ about 200k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ, Scotty just donked down to about 335K. Doyle & David Chiu both have around 200K, too. Supposedly. 21 left.

Donn O'dea can also play a lil PLO, too & both RMiz & Marco are having good Series as well.

GL RBK, but this isn't exactly a stroll home just yet, Annie or no Annie.

diggla
07-02-2007, 09:55 PM
gogo doyle! still hanging in there /images/graemlins/smile.gif

buckslayer80
07-02-2007, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe on your screen.

buckslayer80
07-02-2007, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All,

"Walter Farina moved all in with a short stack and {A-Diamonds}{A-Clubs}{8-Spades}{4-Hearts}. He was called by Jonas Flug-Entin. The flop was {K-Clubs}{9-Hearts}{6-Spades} and Flug-Entin took the lead with {K-Spades}{K-Diamonds}. The turn and river did not help Farnia and he busted out in 29th place."

Hot!

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's hope RBK's luck doesn't run out at the FT.

And PA is just sitting in the weeds waiting.

El Diablo
07-02-2007, 10:12 PM
All,

RBK and PA both knocked out players. Looks like Patrik has about 40% of the stack Jonas has. What do you think that makes Patrik, about a 3:1 favorite to finish higher than Jonas?

Let's hope Jonas gets lucky and wins first, though obviously second is looking very likely right now.

nath
07-02-2007, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe on your screen.

[/ QUOTE ]
and mine, too, and i suspect plenty of others'.

KLJ
07-02-2007, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe on your screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mano
07-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Latest Chipcounts from Pokernews.com

Player Amount Trend

Tommy Ly 900000 +207000
Robert Mizrachi 870000 +115000
Rene Mouritsen 755000 -120000
Patrik Antonius 685000 +100000
Steve Sung 430000 -175000
Sylvester Geoghegan 375000 +125000
Andy Bloch 345000 +105000
Donn O'Dea 335000 +15000
David Chiu 275000 -7000
Jonas Flug-Entin 270000 -170000
Doyle Brunson 245000 -10000
Chan Ping Hsiung 205000 -6000
Roy Brindley 195000 +17000
Marco Traniello 175000 -27000
Stephen Ladowsky 99000 -23000
Scotty Nguyen 90000 +10000
Annie Duke 49000 -131000

lapoker17
07-02-2007, 10:49 PM
CMON JONAS.

Bill Murphy
07-02-2007, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Latest Chipcounts from Pokernews.com

Player Amount Trend

Player Sponsor Amount Trend
Tommy Ly 900000 +207000
Robert Mizrachi 870000 +115000
Rene Mouritsen 755000 -120000
Patrik Antonius 685000 +100000
Steve Sung 430000 -175000
Sylvester Geoghegan 375000 +125000
Andy Bloch 345000 +105000
Donn O'Dea 335000 +15000
David Chiu 275000 -7000
Jonas Flug-Entin 270000 -170000
Doyle Brunson 245000 -10000
Chan Ping Hsiung 205000 -6000
Roy Brindley 195000 +17000
Marco Traniello 175000 -27000
Stephen Ladowsky 99000 -23000
Scotty Nguyen 90000 +10000
Annie Duke 49000 -131000

[/ QUOTE ]

Ru-Roh!

I wonder how many beers Scotty had after that double-knockout hand got him over 700K. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mano
07-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Annie Duke eliminated.
Scotty Nguyen eliminated.

kerze
07-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Robert Mizrachi is having a good series 4 cashes before this event and 2 FT and now chip leader with 14 left.

xxx
07-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Doyle making a move, up to 3rd.

burningyen
07-02-2007, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe on your screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

chicken10der
07-02-2007, 11:59 PM
if doyle wins this, he'll have a bracelet in just about every wsop game. he already has hold'em, razz, stud, horse, mixed doubles (lol), and draw. omaha is about the only thing missing.

Mano
07-03-2007, 12:22 AM
From Pokernews.com:

Dinner Break Until 10:15 pm PDT
Play will resume after dinner at 10:15 pm PDT. Play will continue tonight until they reach the final nine players. Here are the official chip counts and seating positions:

TABLE 55
Seat 1 - Robert Mizrachi - 1,075,000
Seat 2 - Rene Mouritsen - 970,000
Seat 3 - Marco Traniello - 85,000
Seat 4 - Stephen Ladowsky - 220,000
Seat 5 - Andy Bloch - 290,000
Seat 6 -
Seat 7 -
Seat 8 -
Seat 9 - David Chiu - 365,000

TABLE 56
Seat 1 -
Seat 2 - Roy Brindley - 175,000
Seat 3 - Jonas Flug-Entin - 225,000
Seat 4 - Steve Sung - 310,000
Seat 5 - Tommy Ly - 1,280,000
Seat 6 -
Seat 7 - Patrik Antonius - 710,000
Seat 8 - Doyle Brunson - 615,000

nath
07-03-2007, 12:45 AM
anyone know what happened to Jonas' chips?

vhawk01
07-03-2007, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard eaten by bears.

nath
07-03-2007, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard eaten by bears.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bears eat beets.

gumpzilla
07-03-2007, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard eaten by bears.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bears eat beets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not this one!

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5616/chipeaterms2.jpg

brutalBeater
07-03-2007, 01:29 AM
lol

GO DOYLE!!

entertainme
07-03-2007, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard eaten by bears.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bears eat beets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Showing 590,000 in sixth place at 22.28 PST

entertainme
07-03-2007, 01:37 AM
Steve Sung vs. Jonas Flug-Entin

Steve Sung and Jonas Flug-Entin were involved in two big hands

Hand #1: Flug-Entin raised 70K and Sung re-raised all in. Sung had {A-Diamonds}{A-Clubs}{4-Spades}{4-Diamonds} against Flug-Entin's {A-Hearts}{K-Diamonds}{7-Hearts}{6-Clubs}. Flug-Entin turned trips to double up.

Hand #2: Sung moved all in with {K-Diamonds}{6-Spades}{5-Diamonds}{5-Spades} and Flug-Entin called with {A-Hearts}{A-Clubs}{K-Hearts}{9-Spades}. Sung flopped a set of 5s and doubled up.

LINK (http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/2007-wsop/event-50-pot-limit-omaha/)

lapoker17
07-03-2007, 01:39 AM
god that last one sucks.

entertainme
07-03-2007, 01:49 AM
Final Ten-Handed Table

Here are the chip counts and seating positions for the final ten-handed table. Play will continue until one more player is eliminated.

Seat 1 - Doyle Brunson - 505,000
Seat 2 - Patrik Antonius - 970,000
Seat 3 - Marco Traniello - 200,000
Seat 4 - Rene Mouritsen - 985,000
Seat 5 - Tommy Ly - 1,060,000
Seat 6 - Jonas Flug-Entin - 630,000
Seat 7 - Steve Sung - 195,000
Seat 8 - Stephen Ladowski - 155,000
Seat 9 - David Chiu - 620,000
Seat 10 - Robert Mizrachi - 1,035,000

kerze
07-03-2007, 01:51 AM
wow Marco may nurse that short stack he has had pretty much all day into a FT

lapoker17
07-03-2007, 01:52 AM
ONE TIME BABY.

JJBuffone
07-03-2007, 01:55 AM
Does anyone know if this final table is going to be televised?

Chump Change
07-03-2007, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
god that last one sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya rly but he's back in a great position compared to the last chip count.

kerze
07-03-2007, 01:57 AM
The schedule on the official WSOP site doesn't show it as either being on ESPN or on the live broadcast schedule.

bigbabyjesus
07-03-2007, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was but a quick look on worldseriesofpoker.com doesn't have it listed as one. Would be a sick one to watch!

Silent A
07-03-2007, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
god that last one sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya rly but he's back in a great position compared to the last chip count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like Sung was down to about 5BB.

Also, can't complain about hand 2 given what happened in hand 1.

vhawk01
07-03-2007, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard eaten by bears.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bears eat beets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not this one!

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5616/chipeaterms2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

So awesome.

Silent A
07-03-2007, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1: Flug-Entin raised 70K and Sung re-raised all in. Sung had {A-Diamonds}{A-Clubs}{4-Spades}{4-Diamonds} against Flug-Entin's {A-Hearts}{K-Diamonds}{7-Hearts}{6-Clubs}. Flug-Entin turned trips to double up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This pre-flop action is impossible.

RBK, could you please tell us what actually happened? I'm sure you remember.

king_of_drafts
07-03-2007, 02:28 AM
cmon luckbox one time

Silent A
07-03-2007, 02:33 AM
LOL, talk about hitting your hand ...

from pokernews.com:
[ QUOTE ]
Steve Sung Doubles Up...Again

Deju vu for Rene Mouritsen after Steve Sung doubled up. Sung moved all in with {K-Spades}{K-Clubs}{10-Clubs}{5-Clubs} and flopped quads on a board of {K-Hearts}{K-Diamonds}{10-Diamonds}. The turn was the {5-Hearts} and the river was the {10-Spades}.

[/ QUOTE ]

Silent A
07-03-2007, 02:39 AM
Pokernews has David Chiu out in 10th but doesn't give any indication of who grabbed his approx 500K stack.

Congrats RBK on the FT!

Crispy
07-03-2007, 02:41 AM
GOGOGOGOGO RBK. You can dooooooooo it! Lol, one time dealer?

SEABEAST
07-03-2007, 02:43 AM
sick FT, they should really televise this

cts
07-03-2007, 02:44 AM
yessssss

kerze
07-03-2007, 02:46 AM
David Chiu Eliminated in 10th Place ($33,493)
On a flop of {Jc}{8h}{2c}, Ly checked and Chiu be the pot. Ly re-potted which put Chiu all in. Ly: {Ad}{Js}{9s}{8d} Chiu: {Ac}{Ah}{4d}{3c} The turn was the {Kd} and the river was the {7s}. Ly won with two pair and Chiu bubbled off the final table in 10th place.

PokerGrl
07-03-2007, 02:54 AM
RBK is rocking it. GO! YEEESSSSS!

Mano
07-03-2007, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it is scheduled, but I would bet ESPN finds a way to televise a final table with Doyle Brunson and Patrik Antonius.

Silent A
07-03-2007, 02:59 AM
Man I hate these updates every 20 minutes.

Is it too much to ask for hand by hand updates?

F'n HE bias.

/rant

Silent A
07-03-2007, 03:01 AM
From pokernews.com:

[ QUOTE ]
Final Table for Event #50 Set for Tuesday at 2:00 pm PDT

With David Chiu's elimination in tenth place, the final table is set and ready to go tomorrow (Tuesday) at 2:00 pm PDT. Right now, the plan is to broadcast this final table live over the web at WorldSeriesOfPoker.com. It will *not* be sequestered, because the holecard system isn't set up for Omaha, which uses four cards. So that means there will be a live audience, and there will not a one-hour delay. (If everything goes according to plan.)

The big story at this table is obviously Doyle Brunson, who will be trying to catch up to Phil Hellmuth with his 11th career WSOP bracelet. Two years ago, when Johnny Chan won his 10th, Doyle caught him less than a week later. Can he catch the leader again this year?

This table is packed with big names, including Patrik Antonius, Robert Mizrachi, and Marco Traniello. Most of the players are looking to pop their bracelet cherry, even though this table averages more than one bracelet per seat -- Doyle has 10, and everyone else has 0.

Here are the official chip counts and seating positions:

Seat 1 - Doyle Brunson - 510,000
Seat 2 - Patrik Antonius - 650,000
Seat 3 - Marco Traniello - 420,000
Seat 4 - Rene Mouritsen - 775,000
Seat 5 - Tommy Ly - 1,895,000
Seat 6 - Jonas Flug-Entin - 445,000
Seat 7 - Steve Sung - 175,000
Seat 8 - Stephen Ladowski - 360,000
Seat 9 - Robert Mizrachi - 1,090,000

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression this was supposed to be a 2 day event. (just checked worldseriesofpoker.com - It was suppossed to be a 2 day event).

I hope they scale back the blinds because they're scheduled to go to 20k/40k in about 20 minutes, leaving only the CL with more than 25 BB.

GL RBK, looks like it's going to be a flippament until the final 3 or 4. Hopefully, they they'll capped the blinds at 60k as promised.

J.C. Gloves
07-03-2007, 03:14 AM
Congrats Jonas!!! I've always been a fan of ur play way back when you used to play on LATB. I really hope you do well regardless.

Wishing you the best of luck /images/graemlins/cool.gif

El Diablo
07-03-2007, 03:43 AM
rbk,

Looking VERY good for at least a second place finish with a table full of unknowns except for Patrik. If one of the amateurs sucks out and puts a bad beat on Patrik, I think you are pretty much a lock to take it down.

El Diablo
07-03-2007, 03:46 AM
Jonas,

Also, if you win, please invest your winnings wisely. I know you like to gamboool it up in the pit and play the high limit poker games and party a lot, but when you get lucky and make a tournament score, you need to be responsible and save the money. Don't go down the path that so many poker players have gone down after a tourney score and just blow through your big score. Put it in some safe, conservative investments and secure your future. Maybe buy a big steak at Sizzler or something to celebrate, but other than that I hope you are prudent with your tourney winnings.

riverboatking
07-03-2007, 04:01 AM
so i was chip leader from 77 to 17 players left in the tourney then i lost two huge pots to total donkey with no fold button.

i open from MP with AhKhxx and he calls AJT5 rainbow.
flop Qh Th 5x

i pot he shoves for like a min-raise and obv i miss.

then i have a set on a str8 board and turn a flush draw and obv brick all my outs (we didn't get the money in i just chk called 2 streets cuz he obv had straight he was very passive with draws and only bet made hands but would call too much so i knew i got paid if i hit one of my bajillion outs).

was real short then opened pot 6 handed with AK and two other cards i dont remember right now i think maybe 67 two suits.

other guy repots and i pretty much am forced to call my last 150K getting almost 3-1.

he has AAxx and i flop pair plus nut flush draw and make trips.

very next hand i get AAxx vs his 55xx and he hits a set.

once we got down to 10 handed i took two sick bad beats.

on one hand both short stacks get all in and antonius calls em with AAQx and one short stack has AKK2 with 3 clubs and the other short stack has Q998 with two clubs.

obv they both make club flushes.

then i can't remember the other hand but the shortack got all in pretty far behind again and sucked out.

but the real bad beat is that they aren't going to televise the FT on espn cuz that is costing me 30K minimum.

i thought for sure they would reconsider since so many big names but they have some problem getting a crew there so no dice.

gay.

i'm pretty short on chips with 445K so i need to pull a jaime gold and get absolutely ran over by the deck.

chicken10der
07-03-2007, 04:04 AM
don't pull a "thenut21" if you come in second, either

Silent A
07-03-2007, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty short on chips with 445K so i need to pull a jaime gold and get absolutely ran over by the deck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope for your sake that you're deliberately exaggerating here. You're a single double-up away from being all alone in 2nd (if you go through Mizrachi, anyway).

Silent A
07-03-2007, 04:20 AM
Sucks on the no ESPN thing though. I thought they always showed at least one PLO event (probably airing the re-buy instead I guess).

lapoker17
07-03-2007, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I hope for your sake that you're deliberately exaggerating here. You're a single double-up away from being all alone in 2nd (if you go through Mizrachi, anyway).

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah baby - exactly. there wiil be no shame in a second place finish to antonius! and i will come out for that as well.

riverboatking
07-03-2007, 04:42 AM
diablo,

if i cash big i plan hiring you to be my personal ghost writer for all future 2p2 posts.

westhoff
07-03-2007, 05:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
rbk,

Looking VERY good for at least a second place finish with a table full of unknowns except for Patrik. If one of the amateurs sucks out and puts a bad beat on Patrik, I think you are pretty much a lock to take it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I think a few people know who Doyle Brunson is. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

riverboatking
07-03-2007, 05:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Um, I think a few people know who Doyle Brunson is.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think its time to service your sarcasm detector.

Clayton
07-03-2007, 06:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jonas,

Also, if you win, please invest your winnings wisely. I know you like to gamboool it up in the pit and play the high limit poker games and party a lot, but when you get lucky and make a tournament score, you need to be responsible and save the money. Don't go down the path that so many poker players have gone down after a tourney score and just blow through your big score. Put it in some safe, conservative investments and secure your future. Maybe buy a big steak at Sizzler or something to celebrate, but other than that I hope you are prudent with your tourney winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Clayton
07-03-2007, 06:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sucks on the no ESPN thing though. I thought they always showed at least one PLO event (probably airing the re-buy instead I guess).

[/ QUOTE ]

forget the PLO, the event has Doyle Brunson who could go for bracelet number 11

it seems odd that with the coverage past being so focused on the race to 10 bracelets, that little is being paid attention to for the 11th bracelet(s) albeit a likely 30 second blurb in a "the nuts"-esque sequence.

AZK
07-03-2007, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jonas,

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Jonas, F the haters. I will be out there thursday. If you win we are going all out.

New2NL
07-03-2007, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it seems odd that with the coverage past being so focused on the race to 10 bracelets, that little is being paid attention to for the 11th bracelet(s) albeit a likely 30 second blurb in a "the nuts"-esque sequence.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has a lot to do with the fact that Doyle is a huge dog to win the bracelet. Did you not see that Antonius is at the final table?

jalexand42
07-03-2007, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jonas,

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Sizzler.

Good luck RBK.

KneeCo
07-03-2007, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It has a lot to do with the fact that Doyle is a huge dog to win the bracelet. Did you not see that Antonius is at the final table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it has to do with Bluff having the coverage rights to the event for online broadcast. Because of the webcasts this year, ESPN has not, as previously was the case, had the option to decide to cover an event at the last minute.
According to reports, they really wanted the 1500 NL FT that Hellmuth made (and eventually won), but Bluff wouldn't give up their broadcast rights.

If not for the webcast, I would guess ESPN would have a crew there and at the very least cut to updates of the FT during coverage of another event like they did when Chan won #10.

GL RBK.

s33w33d
07-03-2007, 11:38 AM
gl_Jonas

dcviperboy
07-03-2007, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
gl_Jonas

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, can someone post a payout structure for those of us at work? Plzkthx

s33w33d
07-03-2007, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gl_Jonas

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Work doesn't stop me baby

PLACE PRIZE
1 $768,889
2 $464,877
3 $311,394
4 $209,564
5 $156,435
6 $123,967
7 $92,975
8 $69,363
9 $50,177

dcviperboy
07-03-2007, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gl_Jonas

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Work doesn't stop me baby

PLACE PRIZE
1 $768,889
2 $464,877
3 $311,394
4 $209,564
5 $156,435
6 $123,967
7 $92,975
8 $69,363
9 $50,177

[/ QUOTE ]

hoooorrrayyyyy for blocked websites

thx

Warteen
07-03-2007, 12:11 PM
That structure is so top-heavy. $311k will be a nice hit for Jonas, though (then Doyle sucks out on PA to continue his bracelet monopoly obv).

Anyone know what time (EST) the final table starts up again today? I'll be anxious to keep an eye on this thread; it's been a pleasure to read and I'm certainly rooting for my fellow 2p2er RBK.

Silent A
07-03-2007, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That structure is so top-heavy. $311k will be a nice hit for Jonas, though (then Doyle sucks out on PA to continue his bracelet monopoly obv).

Anyone know what time (EST) the final table starts up again today? I'll be anxious to keep an eye on this thread; it's been a pleasure to read and I'm certainly rooting for my fellow 2p2er RBK.

[/ QUOTE ]

As posted on the last page ...

FT begins at 2pm PDT, or 5pm EDT.

entertainme
07-03-2007, 12:24 PM
FT sweat thread here. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11037658&an=0&page=0#Pos t11037658)

buckslayer80
07-04-2007, 01:46 AM
Damn u RBK!!!! I'm hammer time right now!!! U should have won WTF?????

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robet Mizrachi oi dont even know u nd i knw your better than him!!

Syntec87
07-04-2007, 05:12 AM
glglgl