PDA

View Full Version : is it safe to talk about...

btrippi
06-30-2007, 03:09 PM
is it safe idea to talk about funding your account on a forum or in chat during a game?

btrippi
06-30-2007, 03:35 PM
serious question, seems like it should be fine from what I have read, but didn't know if any one knew different. Of course if there is a law passed to penalize all current players in the future it could be used as evidence, but that is really just unlikely.

Izzy Vega
06-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Dude-
1. If your worried about it, then dont talk in a forum or chat about funding your account.

2. The UIGEA did not make it illegal to play poker online. There is a very TRIVIAL debate on whether or not the 'wire act' made it illegal to play poker online.

3. It is diffently not against any law to discuss how to fund a poker account.

4. Since there is no law that clearly makes' playing online poker illegal, the government ten years from now cant go and penalize anyone who has played poker in their past. Even if they passed a law that makes playing poker clearly illegal, they would have no legal ground to stand on to try to convict any poker players who played prior to that law. You can not charge someone with a crime, if what they did was not a crime at the time they participated in that act.

5. The government diffently would not go and sort threw forum after forum to try to find these chat records as evidence.

6. My word, you wern't able to work that one through your own thought process. I cant believe I even responded. I was just so irritated by such non-sense.

7. The only thing you would have to worry about is if you live in one of the forbidden online poker sites, and I have not read one case of anyone being charged with playing online poker.