PDA

View Full Version : NL$50: AA facing miniraise on flop

BigPoppa
06-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Hero is in BB with $98 and AA
Has been aggro and playing like a retard, but doubled up with set vs nut flush draw a few hands ago

UTG limps
UTG+1 with $55 raises to $2
Folds to Hero who reraises to $6.5
UTG folds
UTG+1 calls

Flop QT6 rainbow
Hero bets $9 into $14 pot
Villain mini-raises to $18

I'm ahead of KK or a random Q that shouldn't have called preflop, but my gut is telling me he's got a set.

Call? Shove? Fold?

My flop bet was a little small, but there were no obvious draws and I was hoping to get a call from JJ or the aforementioned AQ/KQ/random crap I still beat.

Any comments appreciated.

C4LL4W4Y
06-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Flop bet is fine, in this spot I probably make it closer to 10/11 though.

You're aggro/playing like a retard? Put him AI and fist pump when you see QJ. If he had a set, make a note, but this is a great situation for you.

Daniel LeClaire
06-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Shoving is fine and I suspect that's what most people will advise. C/C down is also good if you know he will fire turn and river with bluffs.

The bottom line is you should be looking to get all in here against this type of player. Sometimes you will be shown the nuts by the maniac aggressive player, but that's the cost of playing them. You simply can't fold strong hands against them.

matt85
06-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Shoving is good if hes a total donkey.

Baically, if he's a retard im looking to get all the money in here if hes semi solid then we can slow down.

c/c then leading a blank turn is also a possible line

CobraGoat
06-29-2007, 01:11 PM
against this guy i shove on flop. against more solid opponent i c/c lead turn blank- fold if RR'd and c/decide river if he calls turn.

skiller3
06-29-2007, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Has been aggro and playing like a retard

[/ QUOTE ]

The crotch of your pants should be coated with a creamy white substance at this point.

BigPoppa
06-30-2007, 09:49 AM
I think there's been a misunderstanding.

No real read on the Villain.

I'm the one who's been acting like an aggro retard