PDA

View Full Version : 25 NL: KJ river decision

relativity_x
06-29-2007, 08:42 AM
New to the table, no reads on villain. Preflop and flop are fine. Turn and River are trouble spots.

villain is CO (19.85)
Hero is SB with (25)

Hero is dealt K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Preflop(0.35):
<font color="gray">2 folds</font>, CO calls 0.25, <font color="gray">1 fold</font>, <font color="brown"> HERO raises 1.25 to 1.50</font>, <font color="gray">1 fold</font>, CO calls 1.25

Flop(3.35): K /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

<font color="brown"> Hero bets 2.75 </font>, CO calls 2.75

Turn(8.85): 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

<font color="brown">Hero bets 4.50</font>, CO calls 4.50

Comment: Give me your opinion on villain's range here and the sizing of my bet. I know the bet looks weak, but most unkown villains won't fold to 6 if they're calling 4, so it saves me money. This bet is not a value bet. It's for information/bluff.

River(17.85): 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero checks, <font color="brown">Villain bets 5.50</font>, Hero ????

Comments: Villain is left with 5.60

lorez
06-29-2007, 09:20 AM
i'd say the villian is drawing to the flush and you have been giving him sizable odds to call on each street. I'd raise my flop bet and turn bets. His river bets smells of a value bet.

Jago
06-29-2007, 09:21 AM
K7-KQ, 9x, 7xcc, XXcc, 86, T8, PP up to maybe TT-JJ, QQ is unlikely but possible. This seems to be a fair range. I probably bet closer to 5.5-6 on the turn. Why isn't it a value bet? the only hands it helped are 9x and 77, charge those draws.

As played the river is tough since $5.50 smells of a vbet, probably time to fold it. I dont like it though since we're getting pretty nice odds

relativity_x
06-29-2007, 09:34 AM
The flop is fine, but I agree my turn bet is weak looking.

relativity_x
06-29-2007, 09:43 AM
The turn isn't a value bet because I'm not sure that I have the best hand. The purpose of the bet was to see if he still liked his hand.

The river card was a perfect spot for a bluff with ATC.

I ended up folding the river figuring he had trips/flush, but I think he could have had any mid PP, a weaker king sometimes.

Another thing that sticks out in my mind in this hand is his river bet. He didn't push when his push would have been 2/3 pot.

One last thing, what's your play on the river with any non-club? I think it's still a check/fold with the way he's played.

C4LL4W4Y
06-29-2007, 09:48 AM
If you bet a little more on the turn, and then check a non-club river, you're opening up his range to play at you. C/c looks a lot better.

Jago
06-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Against his range you have the best hand quite often. I don't think random $25NL donks bluff here enough, they all seem so passive. Therefore, on a non-club river I like to put him AI if he's an unknown or check if he's is known to be even slightly aggressive

jk1986
06-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Check folding a non club river is to weak, even though you are likely behind his range, the massive pot odds will counteract this to make the call better than the fold.
As is I think its a fold since you lose to pretty much everything except the straight draws and air, but its close, and needs a pokerstove range which I might do later.

relativity_x
06-29-2007, 09:51 AM
didn't see you say non-club river.

C4LL4W4Y
06-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Clubs, 8T, KT, 68, and more...there are enough hands that you beat to counteract monsters that he might be slowplaying.