PDA

View Full Version : NL25 - Medium pairs, overcard flops, aggro players

Burdzthewurd
06-29-2007, 05:48 AM
It's been awhile since playing NL 6-max, but here is a spot I've been having trouble with, maybe more the turn than the flop itself.

I'm playing late at night, so lots of Danish/Swedish players, which means lots of action, i.e. raise 5x on the button everytime.

A few hands like this have gone down where I was not happy with the spot I am in. My image usually solid, but at 25NL it might not matter too much anyway.

Assume both of us have full stacks or bigger.Foreigner makes it $1.25 on button, then I make it somewhere between $3.50-$4 with a medium pair 77-TT in the SB or BB since this blindstealing is going down a lot and I don't want to get run over. Button calls.

Flop is something like K62 two of a suit, Q44, A46. I'll fire a c-bet of something around 50-70% of pot and get called. Turn is a blank, making no straights/flushes and isn't an over. Without significant postflop reads, how often should I be firing here, since I don't feel that any better hands fold and that I pretty much have to c/f on the river unless I hit gin?

jessyj07
06-29-2007, 05:53 AM
I'd say around 75%-85% of the time you should 2 barrel that [censored].

payoff wizard
06-29-2007, 05:56 AM
Recently, i've been having a lot of success in this situation by making a BIG c-bet (pot-sized), and then giving up if called or raised. I haven't been doing it for long, but over the last 2000 hands or so it has been working great.

maccamack
06-29-2007, 07:02 AM
In a 3bet pot you should not necessarily need to make a PSB on the flop to take it down (dbitel made a good post about this in SSNL), however, your bet sizing doesn't sound a little on the weak side - so I think you should jack it up a little to 75 -80% on dry flops or 90% on drawy flop.

I am not sure that 3 betting small/mid pairs from the SB/BB is that smart - especially if villians aren't folding pre. In position I do think it's good, but OOP I think it puts you in a nasty spot on just about any flop.

ciro bonano
06-29-2007, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(dbitel made a good post about this in SSNL)

[/ QUOTE ]Linky? I searched but couldn't find it.

C4LL4W4Y
06-29-2007, 09:59 AM
If you're getting floated often, 2nd barrels are fine, just watch the texture of the board after the turn card falls.