PDA

View Full Version : NL50 KK gets min raised OOP on the river

JROK777
06-29-2007, 02:19 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
3 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Button: $22.70
Hero: $49.50
BB: $64.15

Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($3, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.45</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($7.9, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5.75</font>, BB calls.

River: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($19.4, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $11</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $22</font>, Hero ???

Villian is a 40/15 donk. DBITEL has a theorum that says that a min raise on the river is never a bluff. Is it also never just 1 pair? If we had got min raised on the turn we could apply Baluga. Does it still kind of apply on the river? Also, is betting the river here bad? In Doyle's book he says not to bet AA/KK on the river when you think Villian was drawing. He says it's better OOP to c/c and let him bluff his busted draw. He says that in position, you should just check behind to keep from getting raised. In case you are wrong about villians hand. The exceptiions are when you have AK and hit a flop. You most likely have villian calling with a dominated hand. Is Doyle's advice the standard 2+2 wisdom? Comment on anything that you would like to.

PietM
06-29-2007, 02:23 AM
There is a very good chance you're beat here. But I think you're getting too good odds to fold here (you have to call $11 in a $50 pot). I've seen donks do this with a 'slowplayed' 8, or he could have an overpair (TT, JJ, QQ) himself.

I'd call and hit the Reload Chips button at the same time.

I like "Doyle's line" too, in this situation. Check and call a reasonable bet on the river.