PDA

View Full Version : NL10-quads how do i extract?

youngmachetes
06-29-2007, 01:38 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $12.40
BB: $5.12
UTG: $6.69
MP: $5.93
CO: $5.79
BTN: $3.52

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.05, CO calls $0.05, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.30</font>, BB calls $0.25, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.70) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $0.10</font>, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.90) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $0.15</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, BB calls $0.70

River: ($2.60) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.80</font>

i feel so lost

skiller3
06-29-2007, 01:51 AM
Lead that flop strong. That Q on the turn is a decent card for you because it might've given him a hand with some showdown value. Additionally he has &gt;100BBs initially, so checkraising the turn gives an impression of strength that allows him to save money on the river. Thus, I would go ahead and lead the turn too. River isn't a great extraction card, so I would lead with a small bet.

Lead flop, lead turn, lead river. It's simple but it is likely the best method of extraction.

Nick C
06-29-2007, 01:58 AM
This is a nice problem to have.

Unless he's got 99, BB is insane for giving as much action as he has. (I mean, your preflop raise/flop check-call/turn checkraise line screams complete monster.) You might as well put in a decent bet on the river, like you did, and hope he just made his flush or something or that he does in fact have 99.

whyherro
06-29-2007, 02:33 AM
at these stakes I wouldn't even mind a weird overbet here.

vixticator
06-29-2007, 02:46 AM
How can he call the turn raise? I put him on... 89+, low pp, maybe 99 (doubtful), or flush draw (most likely). For some reason I want CRAI river or even open shove. I think he has a flush or better, is retarded, or both. If you shove a flush and full house will instacall; I don't think 89+ or low pp's can call any bet (but who knows). I think he might bet 89+, low pp hands if you check, but probably not. No way he checks a flush or better if you check river. So, ummm, c/r? IDK.

cooker3
06-29-2007, 02:51 AM
Raise flop, bet turn, bet river
The best way to extract at this level is to keep on betting

juggler97531
06-29-2007, 02:54 AM
I think it is lead, lead, lead situation.

It has been stated many times: On micros most opponents are much less likely to bet their hole stack, than to call their stack.

Therefor don't get fancy against unknowns with monsters with big stacks - just bet/bet/bet and hope he has smth or will call with some hand you would open-muck.

Spanky1974
06-29-2007, 03:35 AM
I bet the flop. Many hands will call a standard cbet (espescially if you normally cbet after you raise PF). The turn can be checked or bet. Bet river. You can't extract much on later streets if you check the flop, because the pot will be small when you value bet the river. Many times villain will call reasonable bets on at least 2 streets. No need to get tricky because you have a big hand.