PDA

View Full Version : top two gets 3bet on flop deep

modnareno
06-29-2007, 01:37 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($2.64)
Hero ($9.12)
Button ($4.70)
SB ($4.81)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, Button calls $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.32) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.06</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.32</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1</font>, BB folds

what to do? Villian is multitabling, but i have no reads on him.

modnareno
06-29-2007, 04:36 AM
Anyone have any good ideas? I don't usually play this deep so it is kind of tricky for me. I have AT destroyed and ahead of heart draws, but behind KJ. Do you think he could have a set of tens here? If he has a semi bluff hand like J8 of hearts or AJ should i just shove?

fees
06-29-2007, 06:07 AM
all in

maccamack
06-29-2007, 06:28 AM
Villian in this hand has shown a lot of strength - raising over your raise - IMO this is minimum two pair, more likely stronger - AJ or AK would generally not do this because they can see this is a strong two pair board.

When you play deep you have to be able make big lay downs. So, I don't agree with the all-in advice here. If villian were deeper I would re-raise to $2.5 and fold to a shove. The better line I think is to call and c/f to 2/3pot (or greater) bet - unless of course we hit a q or A.
It may sound weak tight, but you generally don't want to play for 250bb with only top two, especially as you move up.

whyherro
06-29-2007, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian in this hand has shown a lot of strength - raising over your raise - IMO this is minimum two pair, more likely stronger - AJ or AK would generally not do this because they can see this is a strong two pair board.

When you play deep you have to be able make big lay downs. So, I don't agree with the all-in advice here. If villian were deeper I would re-raise to $2.5 and fold to a shove. The better line I think is to call and c/f to 2/3pot (or greater) bet - unless of course we hit a q or A.
It may sound weak tight, but you generally don't want to play for 250bb with only top two, especially as you move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, what?! we are ahead of villains range at this limit. just push.

C4LL4W4Y
06-29-2007, 10:42 AM
LOL @ 4bet/folding here.

SB loves his hand, and has half your effective stack...get it in.

tms
06-29-2007, 10:48 AM
push, fist pump if called