PDA

View Full Version : 50NL TPTK multihanded OOP

BevillTheDevil
06-28-2007, 11:19 PM
UTG+1 had only been at table for like 13 hands tight up to this point, Other villians are loose passive-passive. I 3bet hopin to isolate but didnt work out so wasnt sure what was best line here on flop.

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $52.84
UTG+1: $103.49
CO: $43.85
Button: $32.10
Hero: $100.25
BB: $104.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $2.5</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $11.25</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($45.5, 4 players)
Hero ???

Nick C
06-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Crap, I don't know. I guess I close my eyes and bet like $40, but this is an ugly way to have TPTK.

Restlys
06-28-2007, 11:51 PM
thing is, if hero gets raised, wheres his fold equity? I doubt anyone played QJ on this and you cant make one hearted handed players fold easy, esp a guy with AK....I thinnk that personnaly, because you are first to act, Id check, reraise any 40-55% pot bets strong and hope you see a bet-raise before you so you confortably fold... I think you can either check or go AI to attempt to fold two paired players and hope no one has suited hearts in their hands...

Nick C
06-28-2007, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thing is, if hero gets raised, wheres his fold equity? I doubt anyone played QJ on this and you cant make one hearted handed players fold easy, esp a guy with AK....I thinnk that personnaly, because you are first to act, Id check, reraise any 40-55% pot bets strong and hope you see a bet-raise before you so you confortably fold... I think you can either check or go AI to attempt to fold two paired players and hope no one has suited hearts in their hands...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, for some reason I thought our flop 3-bet had gotten us HU. (I'm not used to seeing 4 people go to the flop for 20+ BBs each anymore.)

You're may be right. Checking could be best. And if we're going to bet, I guess that bet probably should just be a push.

ajml
06-29-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm usually the one arguing against everyone that wants fold... but I honestly think I am checking this with the intention of folding to any legit bets

jk1986
06-29-2007, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good advice, check watch the action, and stack off to one weaker looking better (ie. shove over), and if it goes bet call or bet raise or something then you can fold.

skiller3
06-29-2007, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Crap, I don't know. I guess I close my eyes and bet like $40, but this is an ugly way to have TPTK.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely what I do whether or not it is correct.

kaz2107
06-29-2007, 03:12 AM
prolly just check fold unless it checks thru. u really cant do n e thing else in this situation.

BevillTheDevil
06-29-2007, 03:17 AM
yea i figured c/f was good here...didnt know if i was being too passive or not. Checks to UTG+1 he bets like 40 folds around and shows KK.

fees
06-29-2007, 06:13 AM
open shove...

Chomp
06-29-2007, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
open shove...

[/ QUOTE ]

Fees mate I see 2 current threads you've replied to with 1 sentence answers and no explanations/reasoning. As good as useless.

It might look cool in SSNL but here I think it's actually just obnoxious.

With respect.