PDA

View Full Version : NL5, two pair against aggro villain.

Magaca
06-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Just looking for a line check here. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I didnt shove the river since i thought he would only call if he had me beat.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $4.18
BB: $9.76
UTG: $6.45
MP: $7.55
Hero (CO): $9.34
BTN: $11.01

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is to aggressive for his own good. He's one of those players, if you check it to him, he'll bet, and i've picked off a couple of riverbluffs with A-high. I have a feeling he's getting pretty pissed at me, however he hasnt shouted in the chat or anything, so it's just a feeling... by the way, all of his preflop raises are minbets, that's sc, small pairs, broadways, big pairs etc</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.05, <font color="red">MP raises to $0.10</font>, Hero calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.05

Flop: ($0.47) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">MP bets $0.10</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, 2 folds, MP calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.47) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $0.30</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, MP calls $1.20

River: ($4.47) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $1.00</font>, Hero calls $1.00

Pot Size: $6.47 ($0.30 Rake)

serioussly
06-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Given your reads I would raise the river for value. If he's really that aggro, he wouldn't have called your raises but raised with 55 or a real monster. I mean if he would have bet PSB's all the way, the pot would've been the same size on the river, and I assume you would have called (or raised) definetily.
So, for me this is about exploiting villians stupid betting, and if he really beats me at showdown I'm fine.

Win.by.TKo
06-28-2007, 08:55 PM
I don't have a problem with the line as played. MP closed out the action on each street until the river. Unless you have a read that villain would chk/call a monster throughout the hand, I would be inclined to r/r river as well. On river you have $7.24 left in your stack. Villain has $3.45. I'd be inclined to raise an additional $1.75 for value. I'd only be worried about JJ mainly, with AA or AJ as unlikely holdings as you have an A.

Magaca
06-28-2007, 08:57 PM
You guessed his hand, he had JJ.