PDA

View Full Version : NL25 - Facing an overbet river

aShtk
06-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Hi, it's the first time I post hands on twoplustwo. I just fint it interesting to post the following ones and talk about it. The NL25 on full tilt is maybe one of the toughest NL25 on the net (that don't mean it's tough to beat, but there are several players who seem to know the importants concepts and like to make some moves at the pots).
As usual, when I'm facing an overbet I always check if my opponent is multitabling or not. I've noticed that the hard multitablers pratically never bluff when they overbet at those limits.
------------------------

HAND1

Just arrived at the table.
Villain is 37/6/1,3

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Hero (SB): $28.90
BB: $15.90
UTG: $25.00
MP: $76.45
CO: $24.80
BTN: $24.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.50) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.20</font>, BB calls $1.20

Turn: ($3.90) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, BB calls $3.00

River: ($9.90) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $6.25</font>, Hero ??

------------------

HAND 2

Villain is 40/12/1,2
I have a good stack and solid image.
I just played a pot against villain in which I took a few bucks making a flush on river.
The player first in position is a nit, and I check the flop because he wouldn't bet a K on flop but would wait the turn to do that. Furthermore, I have been making lots of continuation bet, so I think villain could find my check suspicious. I try to mix my play here.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $28.30
BB: $26.70
Hero (UTG): $44.15
MP: $25.00
CO: $24.15
BTN: $69.95

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, MP folds, CO calls $0.85, 2 folds, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.65) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($2.65) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.80</font>, CO calls $1.80, BB folds

River: ($6.25) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $6.25</font>, Hero ??

--------------------

HAND 3

Villain is 38/15/1,7
Again I have a solid image but have raised a lot preflop on the CO and button without a showdown. He may be putting me on a large hand range.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.10/$0.25 Blinds
6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $27.80
BB: $23.35
UTG: $37.80
MP: $25
Hero (CO): $26.90
BTN: $30.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
UTG fold, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.50) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
BB check, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.40</font>, BB calls

Turn: ($3.90) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
BB check, Hero check

River: ($9.90) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif(2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $6</font>, Hero ??

aShtk
06-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Up /images/graemlins/blush.gif

tms
06-29-2007, 10:28 AM
hand 1: I probably check turn and try and keep the pot small. As played not sure what I'd do on the river.
hand 2: A lot of pp's will call a flop bet here, but I guess your line is ok also. I fold river.
hand 3: I might call here since you've been stealing a lot. I feel like he'd might repop it pf with AJ+.

tms
06-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Actually I change my mind. I might call river in hand 2 cause a lot of villains will think their medium pair is good. Haven't played poker in two or three weeks so who knows how I'm thinking.

edit: And also there isn't an overbet on any of these rivers.

aShtk
06-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Well not in the first hand that's right but it's more than the size of the pot in hand 2 and 3.

HAND 1
I didn't check the turn on hand 1 because if he bets then I really can't be sure if he's using his position or if he has something.I thought bet 3$ here is more powerful. Playing the turn oot on this pot is really tough.
The problem on river is that he has made a flush, he will make a suck bet and try to extract value. He can also overbet, but I don't see him making this move without any read on me (I had just joined the table).
I thought he would overbet to steal the pot, knowing by my check that I didn't have the flush. And he could have the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif and called the turn with.

HAND 2

I think he wouldn't have overbet or value bet a middle pair here. And he won't overbet a weak king here. I thought he could do that bet only with a strong hand (at least top two pairs and represent a steal) or totally nothing.

HAND 3

That was the toughest for me since the player seemed solid. Since I raised preflop, he can put me on an ace.
But since I checked the turn, he can overbet the river thinking I just made a continuation bet on a missed flop and stopped betting. He can make this play to steal, but also with a strong hand thinking I'm gonna call if I have an A.
I don't see any kind of draws he could have been calling with and missed.

I'll post what I did later.