PDA

View Full Version : 10NL - flopped a boat. slowplay?

osiris
06-28-2007, 11:33 AM
decided to slowplay on the turn.. though i usually don't do this. thoughts?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($9.05)
Hero ($10.20)
Button ($11.20)
SB ($7.45)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, Button calls $0.40, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($0.95) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.7</font>, Button calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.35) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1.

River: ($4.35) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???

Bramsterdam
06-28-2007, 11:35 AM
Stack-a-donk, C/R turn. Obv shove river.

Plz post in Micro Stakes next time.

rapidacid
06-28-2007, 11:37 AM
You didn't flop a boat, you flopped a set and turned a boat ... C/R that turn, push that river

joeblack
06-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Plz post in Micro Stakes next time

iOverlimpReraise
06-28-2007, 12:54 PM
your line is fine but i probably lead the turn and/or river 65%+ here.

obviously shove river as played.

Unknown Soldier
06-28-2007, 12:58 PM
noooo

bet turn as played raise turn

Slap My Jack
06-28-2007, 01:16 PM
People saying stackadonk please explain why this is a good line here. I don't understand.

ikestoys
06-28-2007, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
People saying stackadonk please explain why this is a good line here. I don't understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

because it picks off floaters, not that hard mind blowing

AbreuTime
06-28-2007, 01:37 PM
It's also not a disaster giving a free card to a hand like 55 or something, which will often decide to bet anyway to "protect" his hand against missed overs. If the guy is an absolute station, then you can bet again, but IMO, there's not too much he can call 2 barrels with, ordinarily.

Imrahil
06-28-2007, 01:38 PM
What an easy shove as played.

fees
06-28-2007, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What an easy shove as played.

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r turn please

Slap My Jack
06-28-2007, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because it picks off floaters, not that hard mind blowing

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are we trying to "pick off floaters"?

If I played this hand I would be trying to extract value, not push out all draws and peels and worse hands that play perfectly by folding to the checkraise all-in.

We're not scared of seeing a river with this hand out of position. If you want to checkraise the turn, it doesn't even have to be all-in.

Piss off with the condescending attitude, by the way.

UniBomberSwansea
06-28-2007, 07:23 PM
by calling the turn you've only got 20% of ur stack in with a hand you're obviously delighted to get your chips in the middle with, why not raise the turn to 3 and then, if he calls, the pot will be $8.35 and you will have only $6.10 back and he only a dollar more, so out of position it is now more likely he'll call a river shove as he's getting more than 2-1.

Am i alone in hating the check raise on the river??
Ok, the guy may have had a gutshot and decided to donk off some chips bluffing which u wouldnt win without the check but if he flopped top pair he is gonna check it back on the river and if he has just made a str8 he is gonna call ur shove anyway. I think you're more likely to lose value than gain it by checking the river, particularly if you make the good sized CR on the turn to built a big pot.

osiris
06-28-2007, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It's also not a disaster giving a free card to a hand like 55 or something, which will often decide to bet anyway to "protect" his hand against missed overs. If the guy is an absolute station, then you can bet again, but IMO, there's not too much he can call 2 barrels with, ordinarily.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is kind of what i was thinking when i played the hand. I wanted him to think i was on some sort of draw and i had a read that he was fairly aggressive so would continue betting.

anyway, as played, i check raised him all in on the river and he insta-called and showed pocket 8's. which led me to question my turn play.

Win.by.TKo
06-28-2007, 09:03 PM
If you intended to slowplay, this is the cost of playing this line. You had to think he was playing an overpair, which means he would only have two outs, but you wouldn't know what those outs were.

I have no problem with this as played, because it was a conscious choice on the turn. Villain made a mistake with his turn bet. Once you played this line, you must at least call on river. I would not reraise, as he would only call if you're beat.

Chalk that one up to variance.