PDA

View Full Version : NL25: Some general hands to spot my leaks

whizzle
06-28-2007, 06:25 AM
I am running horrible lately. So some advice would be very nice on these hands? I generally loose a lot of money with PP so i have posted some

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

Villian was 70/25/1.6 over 100 hands. I didn't want to lose any action against the flushdraw so that's why i pushed.Was it ok?

SB: $13.37
BB: $48.50
Hero (UTG): $28.14
CO: $35.10
BTN: $24.65

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, CO calls $1.00, 3 folds

Flop: ($2.35) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $5.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $27.14</font>, CO calls $22.14

Turn: ($56.63) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($56.63) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $56.63

In this hand villian was 50/19/1.1. I thought i could call his turn bet because i have a Inside straight draw and with those stats u see a lot of junk also in his range. So i think my hand has showdown value and if i hit i could hit big. The reason why i check the river is to induce a bluff and voila. thoughts?

Hero (SB): $27.54
BB: $57.97
UTG: $27.86
MP: $24.65
CO: $7.31
BTN: $24.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2) T/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.25</font>, BB calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.50) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $2.00</font>, Hero calls $2.00

River: ($8.50) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $24.00</font>, Hero calls all-in for $23.29

Pot Size: $55.79

I had no reads or stats on this villian but his 4-bet was so small that i have to call it. Getting 4 - 1. The reason why i pushed is he is generally calling AQ here and maybe KK or QQ

Hero (SB): $28.59
BB: $27.50
UTG: $10.12
MP: $22.30
CO: $47.55
BTN: $21.78

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.25</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $5.50</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $2.25

Flop: ($12) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $23.09</font>, BB folds

Villian was 28/13/2 The mistake in this hand is that i had to bet more on the turn. But can i call this river bet of him?

SB: $24.75
BB: $16.61
UTG: $28.57
Hero (CO): $27.27
BTN: $24.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt J/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($2.25) A/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, SB calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.25) J/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.25</font>, SB calls $3.25

River: ($11.75) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5.50</font>, Hero calls $5.50

Pot Size: $22.75

Tnx a lot for the replies!

whizzle
06-28-2007, 08:29 AM
no one?

TheChad
06-28-2007, 08:34 AM
hands 1 and 3 seem fine.
hand two, fold turn. you really only have a gut-shot. It got there, but you were a disgustingly huge dog at that point. I know he's a 50/whatever, but this isn't good.

C4LL4W4Y
06-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Hand 1 is fine.
Hand 2, bet/call the river.
Hand 3, pretty standard.
Hand 4, bet pot on the turn. Calling river is ok.

Just make your cbets a little bigger, like 75% the pot in raised pots and between 1/2 and 2/3 pot in RR pots.

kewl_cph
06-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Hand 3 I would just call the flop. You're either drawing dead against AA or have KK drawing to one out (maybe QQ to two outs). Very rarely does he have AK or a worse ace here.
By pushing you let him play perfectly unless he's a donkey who can't let go of KK despite the ace on board.

Realize that you are not going to win a big pot here. The only way the pot is going to be big is if he has AA. When he checks the turn you may fire a small value bet or even check. If you check the turn you may possibly pick off a small blocking bet on the river by villian or if he checks get him to pay off a small bet by you simply because the pot is huge and he has KK.

EDIT: I played a hand that I think illustrates this line of thought. On the flop I was seriously afraid that my opponent had oversetted me.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1215477

EDIT2: Ok, everybody seems to think the push is good, so maybe I need some enlightening. Please don't refrain from ripping on my reasoning if I'm way off here.

C4LL4W4Y
06-28-2007, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hands 1 and 3 seem fine.
hand two, fold turn. you really only have a gut-shot. It got there, but you were a disgustingly huge dog at that point. I know he's a 50/whatever, but this isn't good.

[/ QUOTE ]

In hand 2, hero isn't calling because he needs to draw to a gutshot, he's calling because he induced villain's turn bet and thinks he's good a majority of the time.

tms
06-28-2007, 09:27 AM
hands 1 and 3 look good.
hand 2: Its a weak turn bet, but your hand can't be good here. I fold.
hand 4: Bet about $4 on the turn.

+EV
06-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Hand 1 is not a Flush Draw unless it is a Kx spades. If it is you are even money. It looks a ton like 55 though or KQ for two pair. Those two hands call and dont reraise pf a lot. You are behind very few hands so I think that the push is good.

+EV

+EV
06-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Hand 2: Please fold the turn and if not, please bet the river. On the river you beat everything except AK and K9. I doubt that villain is betting less than pot on the turn with AK since he probably wants you to fold. I say bet river and call the raise.

Greg

+EV
06-28-2007, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hands 1 and 3 seem fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

In hand 2, hero isn't calling because he needs to draw to a gutshot, he's calling because he induced villain's turn bet and thinks he's good a majority of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

IF this is correct then he should be raising the turn because he still might fold out a better hand. I think that the turn call is a mistake though. After our c-bet is called if we check the turn we should be done with hand. It is precisely the turn call that makes this river so hard.

+EV

C4LL4W4Y
06-28-2007, 09:38 AM
+EV, Hero didn't play the hand to fold out better hands (and thus turn his hand into a bluff), he c/c'ed the turn for pot control and to get to showdown cheaper because he believed his hand was good most of the time. This villain's range is super wide.

greggg230
06-28-2007, 10:00 AM
The first hand is a tough spot, and honestly I lose a ton of money with aces, too (obv. win a lot, too).

You really have to either push or fold, and you can't fold to a raise, since he'd do that with TPTK or maybe even a draw. If he's got you beat, he has two pair, I'd guess, and you have outs against that if the board pairs. You also have backdoor to nut flush, which isn't insignificant and means you have one of his outs if he is on a draw. Hand is fine as played.

In the second hand, the call on the turn can be analyzed straightforwardly.

You have 6 outs, which means you hit your hand about 13% of the time.

When you hit your hand, you win the pot ($6.50) 100% of the time (assuming he doesn't have like K9 or a higher set or something stupid). Let's say you stack him another 35% of the time (he's not always going to push / call).

So, you're paying $2 to get (.13)($6.5) + (.13)(.35)($23.25) = $0.85 + $1.06 = $1.91 . If you add in the times that you'll get just some of his stack, this is probably +EV. It's completely read-dependent, though.

For hand 3, that's a big overbet. I doubt he's 4-betting with AQ, unless he's a complete moron. You should still call, since QQ/KK are in his range and you have odds to see a flop from the size of his bet. I don't mind a smooth call of the flop. He either has you drawing dead with aces or you're way ahead against KK/QQ. Let a turn card roll off and let him fire at you again. That's the best way to maximize value here.

Fourth hand looks fine. I'd like a little more on the turn. And calling the river bet is read-dependent. If he's at all aggressive, you're good enough often enough to call.

pragmatist
06-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Hand 1: If you are willing to go broke on any flop try and play a bigger pot preflop. Namely raise bigger sometimes with a certain group of hands maybe AA, KK, AK, 76s or something. I think you are giving too much away if you are constantly reraising 4 times the pot on the flop w just an overpair. W AA and KK your main goal to find someone with something they think is capable of putting alot of money in before the flop. W a 70/25 fish that range can be as big as 66+ AJ+ KQ+, so try to play a big flop. The reason I added AK and 76s is that some where down the line you will encounter players who actually are paying attention to how you play and if you only try to play a big pot before the flop w AA and KK when you overbet the pot preflop they will fold, adding AK and some other random hand allows you to disguise your holdings a little.
Hand 2 (99): You will be able to find better spots against a 50/19, this is not a great board to cbet but I would have also. After he called I would have check folded turn.
Hand 3 (AK): See how much easier it is to play 1-pair in a big pot on the flop. w $12 in the pot instead of $2 like hand one you play becomes automatic.
Hand 4 (AJ): I think you played this hand o.k. I think your analysis that you should have bet more on the turn is wrong.