PDA

View Full Version : 10NL - OESD misses...bluff the river?

Prodigy54321
06-27-2007, 09:27 PM
villain is a preflop calling station..limping with nearly any 2 and calling bigh preflop raises with hands like J9o..his Vp$p is 75...

but he has folded to my last 3 c-bets or so so he doesn't just call postflop with nothing it seems and doesn't bluff much postflop

what do you think of the whole thing? I figured another draw is likely enough to bluff on the river, if you like the river bluff, how is the amount?

what about the turn as well..I figured that it would build the pot for when I hit a clean out..it would give me further credibility for a river bluff..and I don't know how I would respond to a bet if I checked /images/graemlins/tongue.gif...I figure I played it wrong though..comment on the whole thing welcome

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $13.30
Hero (BB): $11.20
UTG: $14.00
MP: $5.75
CO: $10.05
BTN: $9.75

Preflop: Hero is dealt T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, MP folds, CO calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.35) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.30</font>, UTG folds, CO calls $0.30

Turn: ($0.95) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.70</font>, CO calls $0.70

River: ($2.35) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.00</font>, CO calls $1.00

Pot Size: $4.35 ($0.40 Rake)

whyherro
06-27-2007, 09:33 PM
if I was going to bluff I would bet more. the hand you are trying to represent is top pair on the flop.

also im not really bluffing this against anyone who is a donkeytron.

Prodigy54321
06-27-2007, 09:34 PM
any thoughts on the rest of the hand...

I play draws unbelievably bad...I mainly play STTs and you just don't get in these situations in STTs

vixticator
06-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Check turn... passive post-flop players will give a free card a lot.

whyherro
06-27-2007, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check turn... passive post-flop players will give a free card a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

seconded.

ajml
06-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Check turn sounds good. If you do bet it, its not terrible, I give up on the river though. Donks are calling with any piece of this board, they are not going to "make a laydown" to your "trips"

Prodigy54321
06-27-2007, 10:00 PM
the reason for the small river bet was that I agree with you all that he probably won't fold with any part of the board...

I figured, however, that there are enough draws there that completely missed that it would be worth it to make at least some sort of bet (although a couple draws are actually have a lower high card than 10)

I did this based on a post a read (I think it is in the sticky in this forum) talking about how often 2 draws are shown on the river and that you should often take another shot of the river if your semi-bluffs are called..

I guess my guestimations of how often he'll have certain thing are off.

I agree that I should have given up on the river...

but if I did bet, would you guys say that a smallish bet like mine is better in this situation vs a bigger bet like 1.5-2.00? or whould you go for the bigger bluff?

just trying to figure out the dynamics of these types of decisions