PDA

View Full Version : 25nl Overpair facing all in for 8 times pot

cooker3
06-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $23.40
BB: $43.85
UTG: $26.95
MP: $26.65
hero (CO): $26.50
BTN: $17.80

Reads: <font color="blue">opponant is 27/10/.8 over 45 hands</font>

Preflop: hero is dealt Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Qhttp://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, <font color="red">hero raises to $1.25</font>, 3 folds, MP calls $1.00

Flop: ($2.85) 8http://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif 6http://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif 7http://legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets all-in for $25.40</font>

Pot Size: $28.25

?????????????????

calmB4storm
06-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Lol wow, that's quite a bet. Had he done anything crazy like this before?
I don't have PokerTracker, so I'm not exactly sure about the stats, but it looks like he's a little loose and quite passive. Does that sound right?
I guess you have to fold, even though your hand looks SO nice w/ the overpair + flush draw. I just can't see him doing this with anything less than a monster.

ajml
06-27-2007, 10:24 PM
I can see him doing this with much much less than a monster. I call, I don't mind quite a bit of variance though. If some terrible beat or dropping a buyin etc could tilt you just fold and move on, you haven't put anything into the pot yet.

osiris
06-27-2007, 10:33 PM
agreed. i call this usually. if he flopped the nut flush or a straight flush then so be it. if not then you're already ahead or have outs.

cooker3
06-27-2007, 10:45 PM
He has done nothing crazy so far, nothing like this anyway as I don't mind variance, if I feel it's the correct call then I will call, I just wasn't sure what was correct at time, I was quite taken aback by it have to say

mugatu668
06-27-2007, 10:50 PM
I would snap-fold this...

ajml
06-27-2007, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would snap-fold this...

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhhh.... if you were villain and you flopped a hand in front of the preflop raiser that is ahead of a big overpair+high flush draw you might think to yourself, nice how can I get some money out of this? Not OMG I'm gonna donk-shove all in??

wildzer0
06-27-2007, 10:59 PM
I fold this the first time, if you're ahead, it's probably not by much.

ajml
06-27-2007, 11:11 PM
See, I think the majority of the time here you are ahead, even if its only by like 10%. Pretty easy equity. I prefer a call, if he did it with a made hand, meh make a note, not many players would do that

sirklas
06-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Villian wants to play for stacks. AA with NFD possibe. KK with flush draw possible. Also straight flush possible, but then he would slow play and not shove here. I guess he hopes you are on a FD like him and he has the higher FD, so he wants you to call.

EASY FOLD here IMO!

sirklas

ajml
06-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Come on seriously this is bad logic. Nobody who "wants to play for stacks" donk bet shoves AI for 8x+ pot. Preflop and flop this is not a line very many, if any people are taking with AA/KK. As I said earlier folding is fine because you haven't put anything into the pot, not because a straight flush is possible. Anyways, I have nothing more to add here, I am done I promise.

cooker3
06-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Well
If I see someone push on the river for over the pot I immediately think it's a monster and its usually is.
Would this be any differant?

blah-blah-blah
06-28-2007, 12:53 AM
villian limp/called pre so I think we can discount AA and KK or at least say that they are highly unlikely. i think the worst hand you could possibly see would be 98 w/o the flush draw but a lot of the time this is probably a baby flush, set, two pair, straight, AcXx, 9x with a club, or 5x with a club. i don't think you're way behind but its hard to be way ahead. do you like to gamble?

StubbornRussian
06-28-2007, 05:01 AM
Ive seen this line shown down twice and both times the all in pusher had a flush.

payoff wizard
06-28-2007, 05:38 AM
Villain's AF is almost non-existent and he has open shoved for 8 times the pot on a str8 flushing flop. It seems most likely to me that villain just isn't very good at value betting, not that he has picked this flop to make some sick bluff. IMO, calling with an overpair and the 3rd high FD is terrible (unless you have some special reason to think villain is on mega-monkey tilt).

ama0330
06-28-2007, 05:44 AM
Have a look at his AF, you are behind here. At best you are facing a very strong draw and you have nothing invested. If he does have the flush he is a moron, and if he doesn't, he's a moron. So just wait and eventually you'll get him.

maccamack
06-28-2007, 06:22 AM
You are definitely behind here - best case scenario for you is that he has a set. Fold. Agree with Ama - eventually you get this idiot, so wait for a better spot.

djstu
06-28-2007, 06:24 AM
While I think that most of the times this kind of move is a bluff and we're probably ahead, I wouldn't mind finding a fold here.

It might be a little weak, but a call is going to be pretty high variance and considering we've invested very little in the pot so far I don't mind throwing it away. Also it reinforces this kind of behavior so the villian is more likely to do it again, hopefully when we're in a better spot.

creamfillin
06-28-2007, 06:34 AM
you think villain is thinking about calling ranges? LOL FOLD