PDA

View Full Version : Leak Check #2: Very aggro villain bad time for a C-bet?

+EV
06-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Villain is very aggro like 39/14/5.0 over 55 hands. I think that this cbet is maybe spew?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $29.75
hero: $24.30
CO: $53.05
Button: $5.30
SB: $24.60
BB: $13.95

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $1</font>, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.35, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $3</font>, hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $1.5 returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: $5.35

TheSalche
06-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Not a spew, this is a standard &amp; great board to cbet on.

Upgrade_U
06-27-2007, 05:56 PM
standard, although after villain has done this min-raise a few times I might start playing back.
Otherwise this is exactly the board you need for c-bet

WHITEBOYAEHS
06-27-2007, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i usually bet a bit more...ppl dont play back at you with air as much if you bet wierd amounts like 1.70 or 1.85 etc.... 1.5 looks like a please fold to a lot of villains

mugatu668
06-27-2007, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i usually bet a bit more...ppl dont play back at you with air as much if you bet wierd amounts like 1.70 or 1.85 etc.... 1.5 looks like a please fold to a lot of villains

[/ QUOTE ]
this is actually surprisingly true now that i think of it

+EV
06-27-2007, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point about the bet size. I agree with everyone that the board is perfect for the cbet. But is the villain so aggro that we should take that into account? Or do we just fire away until this happens a few times as was mentioned previously?

+EV

bozzer
06-28-2007, 08:21 AM
if he hasn't played back at a cbet before cbetting this flop is fine IMO. It is a good flop to attack a cbet on, but I'm not going to adjust to that possibility until he does it.

If think your cbet size is a bit small. Against certain fit or fold players it's ok, but an aggressive villain will interpret it as weakness.

Jouster777
06-28-2007, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if he hasn't played back at a cbet before cbetting this flop is fine IMO. It is a good flop to attack a cbet on, but I'm not going to adjust to that possibility until he does it.

If think your cbet size is a bit small. Against certain fit or fold players it's ok, but an aggressive villain will interpret it as weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]The initial read seems to imply that OP is saying villain is aggro BECAUSE the PAF is 5. A PAF of 5 may very well be a very TIGHT fit or fold villain...all it means is that villain doesn't call.

In this case it may be that villain routinely minraises cbets to test the cbettor and its worth watching closely because its exploitable. WTSD/W$SD would be helpful in interpreting this PAF.

maccamack
06-28-2007, 09:34 AM
As previously stated - this is a good board to c-bet. I think your c-bet looks weak though - bet $2 with this pot size. Villians stats are quite Laggy IMO - a good LAG will always jump on perceived weakness.