PDA

View Full Version : Fold or not ???

DickieBets
06-27-2007, 10:59 AM
This hand has been haunting me. The villain was a TAG 12/7 or something like that - I've made the mistake of giving a TAG too much credit for being skillful in the past, but he had to have had a full house here - right ? I was also wondering maybe he had J-Q of diamonds - maybe even A-K !!! ? But to my way of thinking - bluffing here would take either alot of guts or alot of stupidity - but I am often surprised at 10NL. I would say that my image would be TAG. I figured that he c-bet on the flop and if he had A-K - I would have expected a TAG to fold to my reraise unless he correctly put me on a flush draw - but then you'd think the river would have scared him. The more I look at it - the more I hate how I played it - I went from strong on the flop to weak on the turn - any suggestions on how I should have played it - maybe he thought a pair of Aces was good ?!?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

villain (SB): $7.10
Hero (BB): $12.95
UTG: $3.60
MP: $10.20
CO: $17.65
BTN: $6.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, <font color="red">villain raises to $0.40</font>, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($1) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">villain bets $0.70</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.40</font>, villain calls $0.70

Turn: ($3.80) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
villain checks, Hero checks

River: ($3.80) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">villain bets $3.65</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $7.45 ($0.15 Rake)

mugatu668
06-27-2007, 11:02 AM
call

relativity_x
06-27-2007, 11:06 AM
bad fold here.

The only reasonable hand he's raising preflop and has you beat is AA/88. I would disregard AA with his turn check. I really love your flop raise because he's probably cbetting, and his check on the turn shows that. Instacall. I doubt he has a full house here more than 10%

greggg230
06-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Wow, definitely don't fold here. You are going to see a small -medium pair here often. You're getting way better than 2:1, which is all you need to call. I wouldn't even mind a raise here; he's probably going to call a reasonable one if he has an ace. If he comes over the top with a re-raise, well, then you need to think about it, but you're definitely ahead here a ton of the time.

Also, don't min-raise the flop. I'd probably just call, but if you want to raise, make it substantial. As it is, he's getting 3.10:7 = 4.5:1 ish. He's not folding anything to that.

XHitman014
06-27-2007, 11:11 AM
wtf

I look forward to responses on this one. It's just not a very big pot &lt;100bbs &amp; you put him on exactly...88/22. I think AA is out of question considering the flop/turn action. Please call/raise.

ama0330
06-27-2007, 11:13 AM
this is such a simple call.

NSchandler
06-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Push. He's only got about $1.50 left so he'll call with any piece of the board. But please don't fold here. His range is much much wider than AA/88.

fees
06-27-2007, 11:17 AM
uh
1. dont minraise, ever
2. shove the river, you have teh nuts (he doesnt have a house here like ever)
3.???
4.profit

maccamack
06-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Shove&gt;call&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;fold

greggg230
I didn't notice how small his stack is. Obvious shove

Disconnected
Out of curiosity, how small would his bet have to have been in order for you to call? If he did indeed have a full house, he didn't play it well.

relativity_x
06-27-2007, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't notice how small his stack is. Obvious shove

[/ QUOTE ]

DickieBets
06-27-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm sure the advice is right, but this is what really frustrates me at 10 NL - I just can't fathom why someone would bet like that on the river - I'm probably the only player at 10NL who would even think about folding in this situation - you don't have to play 10 NL long to see that bluffing is -EV.

BTW - why is minraising on the flop bad ? I know when I get minraised like that - I get worried - but I'm obviously turning into a nit. It usually seems to mean raise for a free card for a draw or a set. What's better when on a draw like I am ?

wslee00
06-27-2007, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

shove &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; call &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; fold

Warteen
06-27-2007, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

shove &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; call &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; fold

[/ QUOTE ]