PDA

View Full Version : PS NL25 - AA faces flop resistance

greggg230
06-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $26.80
BB: $25.25
UTG: $14.65
Hero (CO): $33.15
BTN: $50.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Flop: ($2.25) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $6.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00

Turn: ($14.25) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $6.00</font>, Hero calls $6.00

River: ($26.25) J/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5.00</font>, Hero calls $5.00

Pot Size: $36.25 ($1.75 Rake)

I know my line is really weak.. but how else should I play this?

I thought about folding on the flop. I'm not sure what I'm ahead of here. It's hard to imagine him check/raising with KJ or below; AQ and AK are less likely since I hold two of the aces.

I figured I was against two pair (I'd expect a 3-bet pre-flop from QQ or KK), so I did have some outs if I caught my 3rd ace or the board paired, and that's why I decided to continue, since he was betting pretty light into me. Thoughts?

Edit: Villain is 21/9/2.1 fixed stats; his AF is 2.1, not 4

monkover
06-27-2007, 09:00 AM
villain has a pretty high af, iŽd call this down too.

relativity_x
06-27-2007, 09:09 AM
gregg, I think a check/calldown is fine here. Also, when the jack hits on the river, you really get a sick feelign in your stomach because if he wasn't ahead on the turn, he probably just took the lead with KJ/QJ.

corsakh
06-27-2007, 09:17 AM
I shove flop and hope the board pairs.

RMLewis
06-27-2007, 09:47 AM
I shove flop as well. Considering folding the flop is out of the question. Because of that comment, i understand why you were reluctant to shove.

Also, reasoning that AQ and AK are unlikely because of your AA is not good analysis. AQ is unlikely because it's a weak hand, but AK is certainly not out of the question.

His range here is huge because he could just be trying to take advantage of your c-bet. He could be holding Kx (onlny KQ and K6) beat you.

Also, you won't always be fortunate enough to call down small bets to showdown. By just calling the flop, what if villain laid a sizable bet into you after you weakly check to him? You'll have no information as to the stregnth of his hand because he could easily be taking advantage of your weak betting line.

greggg230
06-27-2007, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, reasoning that AQ and AK are unlikely because of your AA is not good analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain this?

If he'd take this line with KQ, K6, and AK, it's 18:6=3:1 that he has two pair rather than TPTK, right? (9 combinations each of KQ/K6. 6 combinations of AK.)

relativity_x
06-27-2007, 10:10 AM
I think you can discount k6 here. I believe K9+,AJ+,QT+,66+ are more probable range. Although, I'll doubt you see 77-TT going that far. The guy is pretty aggressive, and his bets look to be value/scared. If I had a read on his bet sizing, I'd be very tempted to put pressure on him on the turn, but my AF is like infinity.