PDA

View Full Version : 50NL KK overpair but A hits turn

BevillTheDevil
06-27-2007, 02:48 AM
Villian is 19/12/6 after 200 no other real good reads. Figure maybe bettin the turn probably folds out weaker 1 pair hands but checkin it gives villian a chance to bluff us off our hand???

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $109.15
CO: $90.10
Button: $23.20
Hero: $111.83
BB: $116.55

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1.75</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6.75</font>, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($14, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $10</font>, CO calls.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($34, 2 players)
Hero ??

crovax4444
06-27-2007, 02:52 AM
I bet $29

Crovax

Genz
06-27-2007, 02:56 AM
With stacks so deep, you should probably raise more preflop. As much as possible to cut down his implied odds and offset your positional disadvantage. Make it at least 8.

As played:

Checking here gives villain the opportunity to bluff the turn and then bluff the river again or take you to value-town. You can't call two bets in a reraised pot here with stacks so deep. So bet 20 and shut down if you are called or raised. The pot is really big enough that you want to take it down right there with your mediocre hand, using the A as scare card if he has something like TT-QQ.

Yaboosh
06-27-2007, 03:03 AM
I hate betting the turn. Why would you want to fold out QQ-TT? He would have to be brain dead to call with those hands, and obviously an Ace ain't folding. Also, the only A I can really seem him having is AKhh, and obviously he doesn't have that. I think his hand is SOOOO likely to be 99+ that you have to check/call the turn and river, especially with his AF being 6. I think folding here is pretty bad, and so is betting.

Emperor Norton
06-27-2007, 03:13 AM
The trouble is that a tight player is a lot more likely to be pwning us with a set than trying to bluff us off of our hand when all the money goes in. Betting the turn lets our villain play perfectly, but more importantly, it also lets us play perfectly. That's the general argument, at least. In this case, we're facing an extremely aggressive villain, so maybe trying to get him to bluff off his stack is OK.

Genz
06-27-2007, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate betting the turn. Why would you want to fold out QQ-TT? He would have to be brain dead to call with those hands, and obviously an Ace ain't folding. Also, the only A I can really seem him having is AKhh, and obviously he doesn't have that. I think his hand is SOOOO likely to be 99+ that you have to check/call the turn and river, especially with his AF being 6. I think folding here is pretty bad, and so is betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

His AF of 6 ONLY means that he doesn't call, but only bets if he does anything. And it most importantly doesn't mean that he will bet with lesser hands than an A or a set here and will stack off with some small PP 200 BBs deep. To assume that, we really need to know how often he goes to SD. That is nothing that you can read from those stats. Actually his call on the flop is very scary, because he almost never does that (at least from what we now up to this point).
This is such a typical reverse implied odds situation with a big pot and big stacks where you really do not want to stack off, but just end the hand. C/c on two streets here is just awfull. Do it with normal stacks, maybe, but not deepstacked oop.

Edit: BTW: in position a check behind would be good poker to induce bluffs by exactly those hands (TT-QQ) that we really want to fold out now to take the pot down. This is not a spot to care about extraction much since we are risking playing for stacks with a hand that has just turned very mediocre. And I don't know why villain can't take off one card on the flop with AK, putting you on 99+ and hoping that you will call him down when he hits that overcard...