PDA

View Full Version : NL5?10? KQ TPGK, raise turn

vixticator
06-27-2007, 12:05 AM
CO is 55/25/4... very loose obv, but not a total maniac.

I am almost certain I flopped the best hand but CO is almost certainly betting if I check so I'll see what the other two do since I can close the action. Blank on turn. I think he will bet again and fold nothing if I lead... so I c/r. River is a value bet, folding to raise.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh))

SB: $3.57
Hero (BB): $10.00
UTG: $5.59
MP: $4.42
CO: $2.55
BTN: $4.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt K/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.15</font>, BTN calls $0.15, SB calls $0.13, Hero calls $0.10
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to Hero

Flop: ($0.60) K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $0.20</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($1) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $0.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.20</font>, CO calls $0.95

River: ($3.40) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>

wslee00
06-27-2007, 12:10 AM
w/ your reasoning your line looks fine to me.

ajml
06-27-2007, 12:17 AM
I think I replied to one of your threads earlier and didn't like the check raise in that hand (Edit: no I didnt sorry). I hate the plan of using it here on the turn as well. That being said I think it worked out okay only because he bet so little that he probably doesn't have a big hand. You have an okay hand, TPGK, not something you want to play a big pot with. Try to get 2 streets of value out of it without puttiing yourself in a tough spot which C/Rs can easily do when used like this. C/R are best used either with huge hands or bluffs. (I hate preflop too, with 2 callers in front of you, you are going to be OP to 2 of them the whole hand and there's a decent chance you are drawing to very few outs). I think this hand worked out fine here, I am sure you were good, however this type of line can get you in some pretty serious trouble if taken often with a hand like this.

wslee00
06-27-2007, 12:20 AM
ajml is right in that pf this is quite marginal, but I like the rest of the hand - I think it's good we play for stacks here as CO will stack off w/ a smaller K.

ajml
06-27-2007, 12:25 AM
You may be right actually I stupidly didnt notice that the CO only had half a stack. Once you fold out the other 2 I would be willing to stack off here. Anyways.... I wasted 30 seconds typing that other stuff, keep it in mind if you are playing with deeper effective stacks.

vixticator
06-27-2007, 12:45 AM
Heh, apparently I didn't notice stack size on review because clearly I can't fold to raise as river bet puts him AI. NM.