PDA

View Full Version : Steal from SB with suited connectors turns a flush

+EV
06-26-2007, 08:23 PM
villain is 23/16/1.6 over 40 or so hands.

I have been trying to play a little looser including stealing more recently. I think my image is typically very rockish. I had not been playing too many hands up to this point so I thought that this was a good position for a steal.

Flop is a standard C-bet for me. Even though I am surely behind if called I have some outs and if villain is playing high cards he missed a large percentage of the time. I doubt that villain hit the flop.

Since villain calls I suspect probable holdings include AT and A5. A5 does not seem to be in his range though based on stats.

Turn: I hit my money card. I am now praying that villain has hit a piece and I can get my stack in. I go for the check raise.

River: Since I decided to play for stacks on the turn check raise I guess it is all going in.

So is this too aggro or what? I am ahead of trip holdings but behind some weird FH hands (maybe 65s) or something. Does anyone exercise more caution with the non-nut flush on a paired board?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $28.15
CO: $38.45
Button: $15.05
hero: $26.75
BB: $49.35

Pre-flop: (5 players) hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $1</font>, BB calls.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $1.5</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($5, 2 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $12</font>, BB calls.

River: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($29, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero is all-in $12.25</font>, BB calls.

Results:
Final pot: $53.5

ajml
06-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Standard till the turn check, just bet, dont give him a free card. There are a lot of cards you need to dodge, another diamond or the board pairing again, this is a pretty bad spot to go for a C/R.

+EV
06-26-2007, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Standard till the turn check, just bet

[/ QUOTE ]

So what is the plan, turn bet and shove river if called? With a turn raise are we 3bet shoving? I am not opposed to this line but I am not sure what makes it superior to the turn check raise.

+EV

ajml
06-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Sorry I just clarified up above. Yeah, I'd be happy to get it AI on the turn or river unless either of those things I talked about happens.

BevillTheDevil
06-26-2007, 08:39 PM
bet turn...what you gona do when villian checks behind and rivers another diamond, 5 or T???