PDA

View Full Version : Should HORSE be pot limit?

binions
06-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Or should at least some of the rounds be pot limit?

Personally, I would rather see PLO in the mix than Stud 8 or better. So, my version of HORSE would be a pot limit mix of:

Hold'em
Omaha hi
Razz
Stud hi
8 or better Omaha

To me, there are too many stud variants in the current mix, and limit tournaments blow.

I can't believe some people think a limit tournament with 60% stud variants should crown the true WSOP champion -- just because the entry fee limits the field.

grdred944
06-26-2007, 01:17 PM
HORSE should be pot limit and your avatar should give a demonstration of her banana eating technique at every HORSE event. Should make for more entrants.

1p0kerboy
06-26-2007, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing HORSE changed to where some, or all, of the games are big bet games.

Floker
06-26-2007, 02:25 PM
I propose a game we play at my home game, DONKAMENTS

It's:
Double draw California Lowball (limit)
Omaha Hi (PL)
NL Hold'em
Krazy pineapple (8/b, limit)
Razz (limit)
Mississipi Stud (PL)
Omaha Eight or better (limit)
2-7 Triple Draw (NL)
And...
Stud Hi (limit)

easternbloc
06-26-2007, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It's:
Omaha Hi (PL)
NL Hold'em
Razz (limit)
Mississipi Stud (PL)
2-7 Triple Draw (NL)
And...
Stud Hi (limit)

[/ QUOTE ]
donkametns?

imjoshsizemore
06-26-2007, 07:32 PM
lol, spellingments

hime
06-26-2007, 07:48 PM
No.

06-26-2007, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It's:
Omaha Hi (PL)
NL Hold'em
Razz (limit)
Mississipi Stud (PL)
2-7 Triple Draw (NL)
And...
Stud Hi (limit)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is awesome on so many levels,

WSOP 2008

Event: 123: "DONKAMENTS" World Championship $100,000

Dynasty
06-26-2007, 09:04 PM
If you changed the games, then it's not H.O.R.S.E.

H.O.R.S.E. is only somewhat popular because it's been around for a while. It's the old mixed game.

I'm surprised there hasn't been some movement towards a "Modern Mixed Game" tournament structure. For example, something like this could be popular and good for TV.

In a four day tournament:

Final Table: No-limit hold 'em
Day 3: Pot-limit Omaha
Day 2: 2-7 Triple Draw (limit?)
Day 1: 7 Card Stud (limit)

A good mixed game structure should have several types of betting (limit, pot-limit, and no-limit). It should also have flop, stud, and draw games. I suppose a split-pot game should also be involved.

shaniac
06-26-2007, 10:07 PM
I outlined the schedule for the Triathlon of Poker (http://shaniaconline.blogspot.com/2006/08/triathlon-of-poker.html) in my blog awhile ago.

Floker
06-27-2007, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It's:
Omaha Hi (PL)
NL Hold'em
Razz (limit)
Mississipi Stud (PL)
2-7 Triple Draw (NL)
And...
Stud Hi (limit)

[/ QUOTE ]
donkametns?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops

JoaoPinto
06-27-2007, 05:14 AM
You can't really have Fixed Limit games mixed in with Pot/No Limit. It would render the Fixed limit rounds meaningless unless the blinds jumped up and down between rounds.

You could create another game that was NLH, PLO, NL2-7, PLO8.

fees
06-27-2007, 07:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you changed the games, then it's not H.O.R.S.E.

H.O.R.S.E. is only somewhat popular because it's been around for a while. It's the old mixed game.

I'm surprised there hasn't been some movement towards a "Modern Mixed Game" tournament structure. For example, something like this could be popular and good for TV.

In a four day tournament:

Final Table: No-limit hold 'em
Day 3: Pot-limit Omaha
Day 2: 2-7 Triple Draw (limit?)
Day 1: 7 Card Stud (limit)

A good mixed game structure should have several types of betting (limit, pot-limit, and no-limit). It should also have flop, stud, and draw games. I suppose a split-pot game should also be involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

this isn't really fair because if you can't play stud you can't get passed day 1.. why not just a rotation of like.. nle,plo, omaha hilo, stud hi.. thats all anyone would wanna play anyway..

betgo
06-27-2007, 09:45 AM
They have PL SHOE tournaments in England, and verious mixed PL tournaments in parts of Europe. You could certainly have a PL HORSE event as well as limit HORSE events. That would be good for the WSOP Europe, but stud games have not been played much pot limit in the US for many years. Pactically, the could have a PLHE/PLO/PLO8 tournament in the WSOP. A mixed game tournament has to be all fixed limit or all pot limit. Only holdem and some lowball games are played no limit.

Floker
06-27-2007, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You can't really have Fixed Limit games mixed in with Pot/No Limit. It would render the Fixed limit rounds meaningless unless the blinds jumped up and down between rounds.

You could create another game that was NLH, PLO, NL2-7, PLO8.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like in the mixed hold'em events this year at the WSOP?