PDA

View Full Version : 10NL: overpair (99) against pf raiser

JoseyWales
06-26-2007, 11:26 AM
First I have to say sorry about messy HH. I haven't found a hand converter that can convert iPoker hands. If anybody knows one, please let me know. Ok, back to business:

Texas Hold'em NL $0.05/$0.10
Seat 1: Villain ($12.49 in chips)
Seat 3: dagNL ($9.14 in chips) DEALER
Seat 5: gusten11 ($30.06 in chips)
Seat 6: Hero ($12.60 in chips)
Seat 8: wallshHU ($8.40 in chips)
Seat 10: Repanzz ($10.24 in chips)
gusten11: Post SB $0.05
Hero: Post BB $0.10

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
wallshHU: Fold
Repanzz: Fold
Villain: <font color="red">Raise $0.40</font>
dagNL: Fold
gusten11: Fold
Hero: Call $0.30

*** FLOP *** 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif (pot $0.85)
Hero: <font color="red">Bet $0.60</font>
Villain: <font color="red">Raise $1.20</font>
Hero: Call $0.60

*** TURN *** 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (pot $3.25)
Hero: Check
Villain: <font color="red">Bet $1.50</font>
Hero: ???

No real reads on villain, but he sat in with full BI and made decent size pf raise so he probably is above average at these stakes. Post flop his bets seem weak to me. He could have overpair, but he could also have AK or similar. Flop min-raise could be just to check if I'm bluffing this small flop. On turn he might be trying to buy the pot with overs. Or he simply could have overpair. What do you think of my line here and what to do on turn?

ImprovinNewbie
06-26-2007, 11:43 AM
im pretty sure you life would be a lot easier re-raising you 99 in the blinds. itll thin out some Ax and Kmiddle cards and give you more info about your opponents holding and tendencies. obv a call and he shows down rags he is likely a loose palyer etc. also on a flop like this you you would know that you are either crushed by a bigger pair or way ahead. i think as played call down turn and a small bet on the river. just hope to show it down cheap.

Reef
06-26-2007, 11:50 AM
as played call and see a river

JoseyWales
06-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Nice crowd here. Thanks for those who commented. Anyway, here's what happened next.

*** TURN *** 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero: Check
Villain: <font color="red">Bet $1.50</font>
Hero: <font color="blue">Call $1.50</font>

*** RIVER *** 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (pot $6.25)
Hero: <font color="red">Allin $9.50</font>

I lucked out on river and made straight. I'm pretty sure I have the best hand now. I think it's unlikely he'll bet this river so I decide to lead. If villain has just overs he won't call even a small bet. If he has overpair, then he might call a push? There was a FD on flop and my play could look like missed draw or other bluff to a scary board. What do you think of this bet (our stacks were about the same)? Do I get called often enough or should I have bet less?

wslee00
06-27-2007, 11:53 AM
i'd bet less unless you know villain is a calling station.